What's new

Whatever

I find it funny that people who aren't uptight about morals these days are considered modern, as if it's a new trend taking hold of our minds and weaning us away from the path of righteousness. Indicates an utter lack of familiarity with what the ancients used to indulge in. :lol:

the ancient politics, well even now is deteermined by pack dynamics and the Alpha concept.

I gave my views on the very first page of the thread. Didn't have anything more to add after that, not that what others were piling there was any meaningful. :partay:

If Kerala becomes Kashmir, will the Indian government be as incompetent as they have been with the pandits or will they actually be competent I wonder?

@Indischer what's with your avatar?

btw, I agree with what you said about Mal-Female dynamics in the Human world via evolutionary psychology.

It's quite a simplistic theory though. Given the bewildering range of behaviours exhibited by us Humans, I doubt if one theory can explain them all.

It's quite a simplistic theory though. Given the bewildering range of behaviours exhibited by us Humans, I doubt if one theory can explain them all.

life is one hell of a grind man.

Think about it, through genetic lottery, I have been born into a middle class life. Whilst not being affluent, you and I live in circumstances most people do not find themselves in.

I could have been born in crushing poverty in Haiti, or a son of a Billionaire.

the ancient politics, well even now is deteermined by pack dynamics and the Alpha concept.

If Kerala becomes Kashmir, will the Indian government be as incompetent as they have been with the pandits or will they actually be competent I wonder?

@Indischer what's with your avatar?

But the betas had just as much fun as the alphas in ancient Rome. ;)

My avatar is a homage to another fallen Hero of Indian cricket, Cheteshwar Pujara. You no like it?

life is one hell of a grind man.

Think about it, through genetic lottery, I have been born into a middle class life. Whilst not being affluent, you and I live in circumstances most people do not find themselves in.

I could have been born in crushing poverty in Haiti, or a son of a Billionaire.

Yeah. This consciousness is both a boon and a curse. But would we trade in our lottery for anyone else's life? Come to think about it, all life-forms might have thought the same, if they had cognitive powers that is.

But the betas had just as much fun as the alphas in ancient Rome. ;)

My avatar is a homage to another fallen Hero of Indian cricket, Cheteshwar Pujara. You no like it?

True. I guess it's a good thing I am in a western country. :D

I just didn't know who it was in your avatar

I find it funny that people who aren't uptight about morals these days are considered modern, as if it's a new trend taking hold of our minds and weaning us away from the path of righteousness. Indicates an utter lack of familiarity with what the ancients used to indulge in. :lol:

Even funnier when so many of them cite religion & culture. Hinduism especially was not very prudish for a very long time.

Gaawd nooh!
I dont watch spooky movies.

But yeah I might be the psychopath you're looking for:devil:.Lolzz

Yes doc I am in India these days.:-)
Will be back in UAE by the end of this month.
I've been literally living out of a suitcase for the past 2 weeks.

How about you?? Hows life??

no you are not.. :no: cannot be..:meeting:

@Akheilos

I recall being tagged in 2 of your threads, but unfortunately, I couldn't respond back then. One of them was about what changes people would like to see if they were in charge of the country & the second one was about why we are unable to produce great leaders. Anyway, if I was in charge I would have to deal with a lot of issues at once, ranging from terrorism, intolerance, power shortages, failing infrastructure in some areas, debt, retarded foreign policies, etc. That would be very stressful, but there are solutions to many of the issues we face today. For instance, in the case of power shortages, it simply isn't enough to start setting up new power plants & searching for cheaper sources of energy. Those strategies are beneficial in the long term, but at this moment, I would try to raise the funds to pay off any debts to power producing companies & encourage some business to setup their own power plants to lessen the burden on the state. This doesn't apply to large manufacturers alone, but even shopping malls for instance, that are known to be capable of deploying their own power generators should do so. This solution should work for housing societies too, & from what I know, some of them already have their own power plants. The whole point is to lessen the burden on the main producer & route power to poorer areas that require more development.

The collection of taxes is important for running the state, but it's crucial to make it easy & beneficial to pay taxes. Tax payers may be given some extra benefits by the state to encourage others to pay taxes & that shall slowly reduce tax evasion. Of course those extra benefits would be temporary, but it will get the populace in to the habit of not only paying taxes, but understanding why that payment is necessary. Corrupt tax collectors need to be taught a lesson too, because from what I know, the inconvenience honest investors & others face dealing with these people deters them from following the law. Let's move on to the economy, it's suffering due to a myriad of reasons, some of them include terrorism, power production, & political instability. These issues have to be resolved if Pakistan wishes to encourage greater foreign investment. There are plenty of multinational companies & foreign entrepreneurs that would be more than happy to invest in Pakistan, but it's our job to provide them with a safe environment. We need to invest a hell of a lot more in provinces like Balochistan, & getting the knowledgeable people among our overseas diaspora to return is something to be considered in the near future. As far as the foreign policy is concerned, non-interventionism or at least elements of it, is something any leader might want to seriously consider for Pakistan in the future once the country's issues are resolved. Anyway, I can't go in to too many details without typing out a book, so I hope this information suffices for this particular topic.

So, why can't we produce leaders like Alexander the Great, Augustus Caesar, Charlemagne, etc? The answer is simple, we generally lack the environment, culture, identity, & values that would allow individuals like them to flourish. Great leaders do not appear in nations that aren't capable of raising them. Take Alexander of Macedon for instance; he was raised in an environment that taught him to honour & observe the qualities of justice, nationalism, bravery, a thirst for knowledge, a desire to prove himself to the world, etc. Charlemagne; King of the Franks, drew inspiration from the fallen Roman empire & strived to provide a better living standard to the populace resulting in educational reforms & his own learning of classical languages like Latin. All great leaders share a number of similarities, & while there are exceptions to the rule, the fact remains that it's society's job to cultivate such individuals. Flawed societies rarely produce the best of people, & if by chance a country like that was to produce such a person, then he would have to go through a flawed & incompetent system to gain power. There were leaders that succeeded in rallying their people through their charisma, but people like that tend to be naturally gifted or may have been influenced by or raised among better societies.

Back
Top Bottom