What's new

Whatever

huh,,,,:o:
i have no love for psychology/psychiatry as subjects,,,thank god i am through with it,,,history taking was a bitch.:angry:

Which is your area of interest? I actually find most medical journals and manuals depressing. It's like my body and mind show symptoms of every major affliction that's documented in those pages. In fact, I don't know how you doctors manage to maintain a healthy mind amidst all that gloom. :fie:

Which is your area of interest? I actually find most medical journals and manuals depressing. It's like my body and mind show symptoms of every major affliction that's documented in those pages. In fact, I don't know how you doctors manage to maintain a healthy mind amidst all that gloom. :fie:
medicine(few others too),,,anything but surgery,,,,thats a very hectic life:fie:
to tell u the truth we get sensitized,,,sometimes even i am horrified at our apathy.

medicine(few others too),,,anything but surgery,,,,thats a very hectic life:fie:
to tell u the truth we get sensitized,,,sometimes even i am horrified at our apathy.

You mean desensitized, right? One of the reasons I didn't opt for medicine was that I had figured out very early in life that I wasn't going to enjoy being a doctor of any sort. Doctors really need to be tough-as-nails on the inside to pull through a day's work at the hospital and go home with a smile. I'm quite a weak individual that way. Still haven't been able to move on after the death of my pet dog a year ago.

You mean desensitized, right? One of the reasons I didn't opt for medicine was that I had figured out very early in life that I wasn't going to enjoy being a doctor of any sort. Doctors really need to be tough-as-nails on the inside to pull through a day's work at the hospital and go home with a smile. I'm quite a weak individual that way. Still haven't been able to move on after the death of my pet dog a year ago.
dont overestimate us:P

@Indischer
:sleep::wave::wave:

It's not a weakness.....and those who outgrow it are considered impotent. :p:

Think about it....it's simply this biological need to pass on our genes, and to the healthiest recipient at that, which prompts us to take notice of every attractive girl we come across. It's hardcoded into our behaviour. the best we can do is remember this little fact and let go of opportunities to score and stay true to our added layers of culture and civility. The urge will always be there...it can only be tempered by understanding it's nature.

Sorry about that rather long and unwarranted piece of gyan. :ashamed:

True. While reading this, I remembered the story of the monk who plucked his own eyes out because he did not want to see the beautiful wife of the landlord to whom he came to beg.

True. While reading this, I remembered the story of the monk who plucked his own eyes out because he did not want to see the beautiful wife of the landlord to whom he came to beg.

Rather extreme, isn't it? Perhaps it was due to shame and guilt at having conjured up morally repugnant thoughts.

IMO, there's nothing to be ashamed of at any such oversight. Long before we developed morals, we were still mating with every possible female that came our way. :lol:

As long I don't do anything about them, such thoughts shall merely remain as an epitaph of my fertile (and healthy?) imagination and subsequently die out altogether. :)

Rather extreme, isn't it? Perhaps it was due to shame and guilt at having conjured up morally repugnant thoughts.

IMO, there's nothing to be ashamed of at any such oversight. Long before we developed morals, we were still mating with every possible female that came our way. :lol:

As long I don't do anything about them, such thoughts shall merely remain as an epitaph of my fertile (and healthy?) imagination and subsequently die out altogether. :)
Yes. It is extreme. But the bottom line of the story is not that.The message is simple and to the lines of what you said. The thoughts which are considered to be immoral as defined by society is bound to come in our minds and even the sages are not out of this. Now few control it and most let it go.

Well, I think Levina merely empathized with us regarding our condition. I don't see any hate in her thoughts.:no:

dammit Indischer, I was looking everywhere for you :mad:

so did you come across the 50 page epic on that pork served in school in a kerala village thread yet?

what do you think of it?

Yes. It is extreme. But the bottom line of the story is not that.The message is simple and to the lines of what you said. The thoughts which are considered to be immoral as defined by society is bound to come in our minds and even the sages are not out of this. Now few control it and most let it go.

I find it funny that people who aren't uptight about morals these days are considered modern, as if it's a new trend taking hold of our minds and weaning us away from the path of righteousness. Indicates an utter lack of familiarity with what the ancients used to indulge in. :lol:

I find it funny that people who aren't uptight about morals these days are considered modern, as if it's a new trend taking hold of our minds and weaning us away from the path of righteousness. Indicates an utter lack of familiarity with what the ancients used to indulge in. :lol:

btw, I agree with what you said about Mal-Female dynamics in the Human world via evolutionary psychology.

dammit Indischer, I was looking everywhere for you :mad:

so did you come across the 50 page epic on that pork served in school in a kerala village thread yet?

what do you think of it?

I gave my views on the very first page of the thread. Didn't have anything more to add after that, not that what others were piling there was any meaningful. :partay:

Back
Top Bottom