What's new

Whatever

i was doing engineering, then architecture , i got associates in business, and criminal justice. i wanted to be a cop but decided not to, now I'm back at it with computer science lets see what happens lol.
Dude get your head right! :angry:

I'm nice too :yu:
Well then no bashing and only discussion? :)

Biologically speaking we all have identical intelligence (with minor variation), but environmental factors such as religion, education, etc play important role in our ability to achieve things in life. The reason that certain countries have better quality of living that others is due to those environmental factors and not inherent intelligence solely. My fear is that Christians force their "Creationism" nonsense into public schools and brainwash the children.

Muslims so far don't have any problem with Theory of Evolution and it is being taught in Iran and Saudi Arabia. Give credit where credit is due.

Nature selects the best yet after a while the best fades away with time as a better one is selected...The selected process itself is very very specific with 1 "mistake" and it might be dead instead of selected...

Exactly, and that thin line is determined by genetic mutation. Even the blonde hair you see, the blue eyes in human is a result of mutation. That in some case makes them more sexually promiscuous for the mutation to be passed on to the next generation. This is just an vague example of selective gene mutation. Remind me to give you an better idea on it tomorrow.

:rofl: But even in the end Doctor doesnt say go read a textbook to find a better cure or stay in the lab till you discover one but says only prayers or God can help him/her :D

So a doctor who relied on science ends up asking the patients family to rely on god when science has hit its limit...

This is how you prefer to kill arguments, illogical responses?

Belief has sometimes known to worked as a placebo effect with a success rate less than 3%. Or in other words, a depressed person is more less likely to respond to medicines. There are research based on placebo medicines to demonstrate the effect. A shift in consciousness has a shift in the bodily response to stimulus.

Care to throw in the data of people in percentage, surviving the disease after being declared untreatable and terminally ill by the doctors?

Well when people rely on God for the shower, they rely on HIS processes ...we never denied that certain things are in process (scientific process) but who is running these processes to perfection? Just out of curiosity...who is making sure that everything is perfect? Because process always have a chance of an error...if an error occurs the planets would collide...why arent they colliding? Maybe thinking outside the box helps? :enjoy:

If the process has a chance of an error, maybe it didn't survived. We can use the evolutionary biology model on this. Cancer survived from the very beginning of the multi-cellular organisms, why? Is it an intelligent design? Your body has different vestigial organs, do they serve any purpose? Is it a trait of an intelligent design? No.

As i have mentioned, our knowledge of this universe if limited. But so far, all the data suggest no presence of an intelligent design. Uranus has a tilted orbit, does it serve any purpose? No.

:) What interest thy in such fields?

I read about every thing, but from the very childhood i grew up watching and reading Sir David Attenborough, Richard Dawkins, Stephen Hawkins. And the more i read about it, the lesser my faith became and more i wanted to know.

i was doing engineering, then architecture , i got associates in business, and criminal justice. i wanted to be a cop but decided not to, now I'm back at it with computer science lets see what happens lol.

I know like 20 Pakistani who were asking me about Forensics Science, you guys have a thing for Forensic Science?!

@Akheilos

Bdw, i forgot to mention. Earth in present form is a result of collision between the ancient 'Earth' and a planet 'Thia', the debris of that collection later reformed to become the Moon. So your example if flawed. Even galaxies collide, one black hole consumes the other.

If the design had been perfect, there wouldn't be asteroid collision with the earth, and you'd be a 'Stegasaurus' in one corner of the earth, and i'd be a 'T-rex' in another corner. Considering no evolution happened in the last 100 million years. j/k :D

please do send a bottle tylenol as well lol, my brothers are the same way like you lol. I'm just a typical thick headed gujjar i guess lol.

same here. Have a brother completing his PhD in Chemistry. Can't even understand what he says half the time.

And South Indians are supposed to conform to the Nerd stereotype.

same here. Have a brother completing his PhD in Chemistry. Can't even understand what he says half the time.

Ravi Nair at times I wish I could seal your mouth. :coffee:

Exactly, and that thin line is determined by genetic mutation. Even the blonde hair you see, the blue eyes in human is a result of mutation. That in some case makes them more sexually promiscuous for the mutation to be passed on to the next generation. This is just an vague example of selective gene mutation. Remind me to give you an better idea on it tomorrow.
lolz...Ok...Yes Our cells have a very high rate of mutation but the chance that a mutation occurs in the germline cells is not very high...

This is how you prefer to kill arguments, illogical responses?
How is it illogical? Its reality! :what:

Belief has sometimes known to worked as a placebo effect with a success rate less than 3%.
Are these real stats or made up as in the first number that hit your head?

Or in other words, a depressed person is more less likely to respond to medicines. There are research based on placebo medicines to demonstrate the effect. A shift in consciousness has a shift in the bodily response to stimulus.
How can placebo explain or even demonstrate what we are talking about?
Care to throw in the data of people in percentage, surviving the disease after being declared untreatable and terminally ill by the doctors?
low but not unheard of !

If the process has a chance of an error, maybe it didn't survived. We can use the evolutionary biology model on this. Cancer survived from the very beginning of the multi-cellular organisms, why? Is it an intelligent design? Your body has different vestigial organs, do they serve any purpose? Is it a trait of an intelligent design? No.
Most evolutionary scientists take that to study the theory of common descend! We can use the same argument why didnt these organs just fade away then why hang on? How is it not intelligent design when the body keeps in cycle of progressive healing though not healing 100% of course always requires some form of medical aid in the name of medicines...

Why cancer survived? coz it is not a new disease....its part of this "un intelligent design." You praise the disease which is part of the body (we get alot of tumours and cancerous mutations which are "fixed" by this "unintelligent design" you spoke off...It is just when the body fails to "heal" faster than the production ....that is when we get the red alert!

If science is soo intelligent why hasnt it been able to counter this "intelligent" part of the "unintelligent design?"

As i have mentioned, our knowledge of this universe if limited. But so far, all the data suggest no presence of an intelligent design. Uranus has a tilted orbit, does it serve any purpose? No.
Or maybe just like our limited knowledge even our data is limited! :enjoy:

Damn, the money involved do sometimes tempt me to change my course. But as of now, i will be continuing my PhD in either Nanophotonics/Metamaterials or Quantum Computing. Or might be semiconductor Physics.

How long does your PhD take?

My brother had to do 4 years of University and then have to do three years of Post grad.

that's seven years in total.

Ravi Nair at times I wish I could seal your mouth. :coffee:

:cray:

@Ravi Nair Sorry bro, I forgot to answer your question. You asked me: "How did you come across PDF?".

I found this website a long time ago but I didn't create an account until the miracle of 21st Century, Qaher (some random number) was unveiled! I also consider both Pakistanis and Indians friendly so I wanted to get to know them both better. That's why I joined this forum.

what sort of treatment? I love to read such papers...I actually wrote someone's paper on cancer for money :ashamed: shhhh...

You make Nanoparticles to respond to define wavelength of IR radiation. Then you bind them with ligands and photosynthesizer. The ligands will bind the particle to specific cancer cells, and when the particle is excited with a definite wavelength of IR radiation, it breaks down the photosynthesizer agent and releases highly reactive singlet oxygen, which oxidises the cancer cells.

lol younger brother is already doing his masters in accounting , my other other younger brother doing pre-med, and the my youngest brother just graduated high school with a advanced regents diploma and I'm here arguing with you guys all day lol, i really do gotta get my shit together lol.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom