What's new

Whatever

@scorpionx surely deserves it and if he continues making quality posts , he may get promoted soon ...
Azlanbhai, kyon sharminda karte ho iis bande ko? By the way, your post in the Sate of Confusion II was simply awesome.I never knew it and definitely going to read more on this chapter of history.

Azlanbhai, kyon sharminda karte ho iis bande ko? By the way, your post in the Sate of Confusion II was simply awesome.I never knew it and definitely going to read more on this chapter of history.

It is really said Fauji Bhai is not here.

It was a treat reading Azlan, Jauji and yours truly's take on Partition, Jinnah.

An unemotional matter of fact dissection and a history lesson as well :-)

It is really said Fauji Bhai is not here.

It was a treat reading Azlan, Jauji and yours truly's take on Partition, Jinnah.

An unemotional matter of fact dissection and a history lesson as well :-)
I missed Fauj Sir's inputs very much. Sad, he is too busy these days.Hope he comes back soon.

I missed Fauj Sir's inputs very much. Sad, he is too busy these days.Hope he comes back soon.

Pro-Jinnah sellout! You miss a Pakistani? They are our Enemy :mad:

I am actually a bit fascinated by Savarkar. As an agnostic/Atheist, he was the spiritual founder of the R.S.S.

An irreligious man attempting to mold Hinduism into a political religion.

That does explain the artificiality of it.

And I know this is controversial, but to me, it looks like an upper caste outfit.

With Dalits organising themselves around Ambedkarite Movements. (I would love if someone posted about Ambedkar :) )

I am actually a bit fascinated by Savarkar. As an agnostic/Atheist, he was the spiritual founder of the R.S.S.

And I know this is controversial, but to me, it looks like an upper caste outfit.

With Dalits organising themselves around Ambedkarite Movements. (I would love if someone posted about Ambedkar :) )

Fascinated by Savarkar?Whose ideology stood upon shuddi of Afghanistan,NWFP and took Austria and Turkey as model state? That belief was fractured to its core. And the most vital part is, Savarkar forgot the basic principle of Religion. As long as it is confined to houses and temples prayers goes to God. The moment religion comes on street, the signals gets diverted to hell.

Fascinated by Savarkar?Whose ideology stood upon shuddi of Afghanistan,NWFP and took Austria and Turkey as model state? That belief was fractured to its core. And the most vital part is, Savarkar forgot the basic principle of Religion. As long as it is confined to houses and temples prayers goes to God. The moment religion comes on street, the signals gets diverted to hell.

Look, I don't like the guy. It's more like curiosity.

I hate Hitler's ideology, but curious as to how he made a nation go along with his crazy plans.

I am not comparing Savarkar to Hitler btw :)

I am also fascinated by Savarkar. Though I ain't an atheist like him.
Hitler will remain an enigma forever.

This is what Ambedkar had to say about Savarkar -
"Mr. Savarkar... insists that, although there are two nations in India, India shall not be divided into two parts, one for Muslims and the other for the Hindus; that the two nations shall dwell in one country and shall live under the mantle of one single constitution;.... In the struggle for political power between the two nations the rule of the game which Mr. Savarkar prescribes is to be one man one vote, be the man Hindu or Muslim. In his scheme a Muslim is to have no advantage which a Hindu does not have. Minority is to be no justification for privilege and majority is to be no ground for penalty. The State will guarantee the Muslims any defined measure of political power in the form of Muslim religion and Muslim culture. But the State will not guarantee secured seats in the Legislature or in the Administration and, if such guarantee is insisted upon by the Muslims, such guaranteed quota is not to exceed their proportion to the general population." - Ambedkar, Bhimrao Ramji (1945). Pakistan or the Partition of India. Mumbai: Thackers.

Nehru hated this man tremendously - in fact only after Nehru's death Shastri started his pension! Nehru also wanted to demolish the Cellular Jail! :D

@Ravi Nair @scorpionx

Last edited:

smileys-thinking-082618.gif
smileys-thinking-082618.gif

Yes we all love it.

calm down junior.

I am also fascinated by Savarkar. Though I ain't an atheist like him.
Hitler will remain an enigma forever.

This is what Ambedkar had to say about Savarkar -
"Mr. Savarkar... insists that, although there are two nations in India, India shall not be divided into two parts, one for Muslims and the other for the Hindus; that the two nations shall dwell in one country and shall live under the mantle of one single constitution;.... In the struggle for political power between the two nations the rule of the game which Mr. Savarkar prescribes is to be one man one vote, be the man Hindu or Muslim. In his scheme a Muslim is to have no advantage which a Hindu does not have. Minority is to be no justification for privilege and majority is to be no ground for penalty. The State will guarantee the Muslims any defined measure of political power in the form of Muslim religion and Muslim culture. But the State will not guarantee secured seats in the Legislature or in the Administration and, if such guarantee is insisted upon by the Muslims, such guaranteed quota is not to exceed their proportion to the general population." - Ambedkar, Bhimrao Ramji (1945). Pakistan or the Partition of India. Mumbai: Thackers.

Nehru hated this man tremendously - in fact only after Nehru's death Shastri started his pension! Nehru also wanted to demolish the Cellular Jail! :D

@Ravi Nair @scorpionx

I find Ambedkar fascinating too. There are somethings I respect about him, somethings I don't.

I think he let his early life to fuel his bitterness. And he alienated those who meant him well.

But to me, a lot of what he gained in life was through sheer force of will and his hard work.

To me, he summed up the realpolitik game the Ambedkarite Dalit leaders follow.

I remember reading his articles refuting Gandhi's village model, and advocating for urbanization.

In the end, he sought the demolition of the caste system.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom