What's new

Whatever

@KAL-EL

what's your opinion on the 52 series comics?

Haven't read very many 52's recently. Mainly did in the very beginning a few years back. I liked more things about it than not. However, to be perfectly honest, my favorite era was the silver age before the Crisis on Infinite Earth's series that got rid of the DC multi-verse.

Haven't read very many 52's recently. Mainly did in the very beginning a few years back. I liked more things about it than not. However, to be perfectly honest, my favorite era was the silver age before the Crisis on Infinite Earth's series that got rid of the DC multi-verse.

Have you read the series 'Amazons attack?'

In one panel there was Batman saying 'We are being attacked by Bees. My god, Bees.'

I laughed so hard.

Then there was countdown, where Darkseid was chilling on this couch.

@al-Hasani @Aamna14 @Desert Fox

I agree with many of the points that all of you made in the previously closed thread. Personally, I don't think there is any serious threat to our unity, it's just a bunch of issues that haven't been dealt with properly. Besides, our unity isn't solely dependant on Islam, but on a number of things, which includes geographic, historical, cultural, linguistic, & genetic factors that I have spoken about in the past. Of course, Islam is a part of our heritage too since our society is considerably religious. In any case, the problems that we need to deal with are essentially religious, sectarian, political divisions, corruption, & bad governance. These points were brought up in the previous thread too. Some of these issues could be resolved by dialogue, some by a surge of nationalism that motivates people in to serving the country alone, others by education, & a strict & fair implementation of law & order, etc. The strict enforcement of law & the establishment of effective & monitored rules & regulations would eradicate many different forms of corruption varying from tax evasion, nepotism, & other criminal activity. No country could function coherently without justice, & the protection of life & property. Let's face it, anytime a person fails to receive justice, his or her hatred for the government is bound to rise & alongside that; societal division. Similarly, religious intolerance & sectarianism can be dealt a fatal blow by appropriate education, monitoring of textbooks, & control over deceptive religious scholars. These are just a few basic steps, but they would go a long way in eradicating extremism, corruption, & sectarianism. As far as the purpose of that closed thread is concerned, I noticed people misunderstood it in the sense that they assumed that its purpose was to tell people to pick random fights, which Pakistanis abroad & at home already do.

I guess the implied message of that video was to simply tell us to honor our country, & not let it fall apart. There are some elements of societal unity that are somewhat weak in our country, & I am obviously referring to jealousy, nepotism, & things like greed. Furthermore, we need to support each other more especially when one of our own i doing something progressive or impressive, & create an identity which emancipates an even more powerful sense of national unity. I don't think minor differences in opinion are a flaw either since they encourage debate & subsequently; new ideas that result in innovation or pragmatic solutions to our problems. I doubt there is any country on Earth without some religious or ethnic division, but the trick here is to unite by the common denominator. Pakistanis already have that, & so do other ethnic groups. In the case of Arabs for instance; language, culture, roots or genetics, geography, religion, & shared history provide an immensely powerful base for their unity under ordinary circumstances in spite of regional differences, at least at the societal level. Moving on, Pakistan needs to improve in terms of foreign relations, & by that I mean improving our ties with as many nations as possible regardless of their religious or regional status. Encourage investment, joint ventures, increased overall cooperation with various countries, & provide an environment for entrepreneurs to thrive at. I think people are finally starting to take a greater interest in our (Pakistani) political & socioeconomic problems, especially as the desire to deal with these issues rises due to media awareness, education & frustration. That's a good start for now, but it needs to be built on for the future, especially if people choose an evolutionary approach to progress instead of a revolutionary one.

@al-Hasani @Aamna14 @Desert Fox

I agree with many of the points that all of you made in the previously closed thread. Personally, I don't think there is any serious threat to our unity, it's just a bunch of issues that haven't been dealt with properly. Besides, our unity isn't solely dependant on Islam, but on a number of things, which includes geographic, historical, cultural, linguistic, & genetic factors that I have spoken about in the past. Of course, Islam is a part of our heritage too since our society is considerably religious. In any case, the problems that we need to deal with are essentially religious, sectarian, political divisions, corruption, & bad governance. These points were brought up in the previous thread too. Some of these issues could be resolved by dialogue, some by a surge of nationalism that motivates people in to serving the country alone, others by education, & a strict & fair implementation of law & order, etc. The strict enforcement of law & the establishment of effective & monitored rules & regulations would eradicate many different forms of corruption varying from tax evasion, nepotism, & other criminal activity. No country could function coherently without justice, & the protection of life & property. Let's face it, anytime a person fails to receive justice, his or her hatred for the government is bound to rise & alongside that; societal division. Similarly, religious intolerance & sectarianism can be dealt a fatal blow by appropriate education, monitoring of textbooks, & control over deceptive religious scholars. These are just a few basic steps, but they would go a long way in eradicating extremism, corruption, & sectarianism. As far as the purpose of that closed thread is concerned, I noticed people misunderstood it in the sense that they assumed that its purpose was to tell people to pick random fights, which Pakistanis abroad & at home already do.

I guess the implied message of that video was to simply tell us to honor our country, & not let it fall apart. There are some elements of societal unity that are somewhat weak in our country, & I am obviously referring to jealousy, nepotism, & things like greed. Furthermore, we need to support each other more especially when one of our own i doing something progressive or impressive, & create an identity which emancipates an even more powerful sense of national unity. I don't think minor differences in opinion are a flaw either since they encourage debate & subsequently; new ideas that result in innovation or pragmatic solutions to our problems. I doubt there is any country on Earth without some religious or ethnic division, but the trick here is to unite by the common denominator. Pakistanis already have that, & so do other ethnic groups. In the case of Arabs for instance; language, culture, roots or genetics, geography, religion, & shared history provide an immensely powerful base for their unity under ordinary circumstances in spite of regional differences, at least at the societal level. Moving on, Pakistan needs to improve in terms of foreign relations, & by that I mean improving our ties with as many nations as possible regardless of their religious or regional status. Encourage investment, joint ventures, increased overall cooperation with various countries, & provide an environment for entrepreneurs to thrive at. I think people are finally starting to take a greater interest in our (Pakistani) political & socioeconomic problems, especially as the desire to deal with these issues rises due to media awareness, education & frustration. That's a good start for now, but it needs to be built on for the future, especially if people choose an evolutionary approach to progress instead of a revolutionary one.

I couldn't have summed it up any better. You have expressed it really well. The concern however, lies in the fact that corruption, injustice, lack of any governance and religious divides existed long before as well but now they are being exploited even further in an already hostile environment not to mention how potent the threat of terrorism is that it renders economic growth incapable. The real fear is how long would we stand divided when our survival is at stake, and by "divided" I don't necessarily mean one has to adopt a conformist attitude but rather the inability to refuse to be used by the same divisive tactics used by all and sundry in the political arena.

Last edited:
I couldn't have summed it up any better. You have expressed it really well. The concern however, lies in the fact that corruption, injustice, lack of any governance and religious divides existed long before as well but now they are being exploited even further in an already hostile environment not to mention how potent the threat of terrorism is that it renders economic growth incapable. The real fear is how long would we stand divided when our survival is at stake, and by "divided" I don't necessarily mean one has to adopt a conformist attitude but rather the inability to refuse to be used by the same divisive tactics used by all and sundry in the political arena.

I agree, & you have raised an excellent point that terrorism itself hampers economic & societal progress. Terrorism has to be eradicated, & there should be no negotiations with terrorists whatsoever. Now that we are after them, it's time to fight to the bitter end. Apart from terrorism, there are some other factors that have a heavy impact on economic activity. Political instability, availability of resources & manpower, corruption, security, & the law enforcement are a few main ones. Tax evasion for instance is as far as I know extremely common, but the real question is why? From what I have heard, the blame lies on the tax collectors who essentially harass regular businesses, & the only way to get around it is bribery & random corruption. Now you may wonder, why these business owners avoid taking their issues to our courts, & the answer to that lies in a flawed judicial system. Justice has to be administered honestly & swiftly without having to deal with any headaches or backlashes later on. At the moment, it will be harder to rally the populace, especially when they aren't exactly used to independent thinking.

That's especially to true in tribal areas or those controlled by powerful landlords. So people in such conditions would only be looking after their own interests instead of the nation as a whole, & that's where divisive tactics are most damaging. At this point, a good solution would be to have some benign dictator that is able to rid the country of its various ills come to power. If not that, we could either slowly evolve & improve over time or have some sort of revolution, which quite frankly is also dangerous. For government forms like a democracy to flourish, things like illiteracy, tribalism, et cetera need to be eradicated. Furthermore, all political parties would need to reformed & aligned to serve the common good, which is the progress of the country. Any political party with shadowy activities or a divisive basis should be outlawed, & this issue actually haunts our society today. For instance; people who get away with crimes, murders, kidnappings, et cetera often tend to receive protection from some parties, & that shouldn't be tolerated.

Last edited:
I was not aware.... :-)

Btw now where is @Marshmallow??
When she returns I might create a similar thread :)
3172385d.gif
;) ;)

Sweetheart how have you been?
im fine hw r u? :wave:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom