What's new

Whatever

Dude Aeronaut closed that one I guess. If you discuss that thread here, he'll even close this one next!

Oh, I had no idea that our topic was frowned upon. We are discussing a wide range of topics. Did not know about that.

@al-Hasani I believe the challenge is greater in our case but so is the potential that we Pakistanis lose sight of due to the current crisis. And I agree power and corruption are almost always mutually inclusive. I hope the mods would have mercy over this thread and won't lock this one for my answering here.

@al-Hasani I believe the challenge is greater in our case but so is the potential that we Pakistanis lose sight of due to the current crisis. And I agree power and corruption are almost always mutually inclusive. I hope the mods would have mercy over this thread and won't lock this one for my answering here.

Indians are hardly united. Bashing North Easterners, Bashing North Indians and Bashing South Indians.

In fact there are some in Kerala who look with trepidation at the immigration of North Indians to Kerala.

@al-Hasani where are you living now ( I mean which country.)

@Aamna14 @Desert Fox @Ravi Nair

Somehow the thread got closed so I am moving the discussion to this thread. Although I will soon be going to bed.

Yes, your explanations make sense. I guess the situation would have been different had the majority of the American-Arabs not been Christian. I mean the Arab communities in Europe are visible not because the men are wearing traditional Arab clothing on every street corner but because it is clearly visible that those people are Muslims and from the ME. Hijab also plays a role. The reason I was asking was simply because in many Europeans eyes Muslims get equated as Arabs. They often treat those words as synonyms.

That really sounds messed up. Don't ever recall anything similar in France or Denmark on a wide scale. I really don't. Very few hate crimes.

Yes, my comparison was maybe also dumb since wars are wars and what we see in Syria is a civil war. That has evolved due to interference from all the main world and regional powers.

Still a long way for us Muslim to catch up with the number of wars and people killed that Europe has witnessed. So I am not yet completely panicking.

Well, the reason why the situation might not have been that worse for Muslims in Europe is because 9/11 took place in America, and that too in NYC where the largest Pakistani-American community resides. After the Pakistanis, it was the indian punjabis (the Sikhs to be exact) who faced the most violent gang attacks because of their turbans and beards.

The only Arabs who i believe faced similar backlash were the Yemenis, they have a habit of opening corner convenient stores and delis in some of the worst neighborhoods in NYC.

Well, the reason why the situation might not have been that worse for Muslims in Europe is because 9/11 took place in America, and that too in NYC where the largest Pakistani-American community resides. After the Pakistanis, it was the indian punjabis (the Sikhs to be exact) who faced the most violent gang attacks because of their turbans and beards.

The only Arabs who i believe faced similar backlash were the Yemenis, they have a habit of opening corner convenient stores and delis in some of the worst neighborhoods in NYC.
Not after but THE worst attacks occurred on the Sikhs after 9/11. Atleast Pakistanis and Arabs can pass for Latinos, but not Sikhs who have turbans and beards and to the average Americans that's enough to attack them.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom