What's new

Whatever

Nah most likely you have some strange notions of what Bangalore is from the movies perhaps. When I used to come to Bangalore as a kid, it was not a village. My doddamma and my mom were so crazy of movies, every other night they would go to see a Tamil or a Kannada movie. There are so many women working nightshift that it does not raise an eyebrow anywhere. Every other house has a girl coming home at 3 or 4 in the morning. This is true of Bombay too. Now that I work from home, I generally step out at night to let my dog run loose on the streets (no traffic) and I do not have a worry in my head.

Haha...No Madam, I was born in Bangalore and spent a quarter century of my life there! :D I've seen girls declining night shifts for this reason in my previous work. As long as there are good pick-up and drop facilities available, it's fine. But I haven't seen or heard of any girl who rides her two-wheeler for a night shift.

The feeling is from the other side as well. When I first came to city school in West Delhi from my village( near IGI) the kids used to make fun of me as well. They used to call me names that I didnt know what they meant. They called me "Challa" I was like wtf does that even mean I asked my mom and she said it means like fool or stupid and I was like

Yeah all communities have their tags, but I doubt there is malice associated with it.

Haha...No Madam, I was born in Bangalore and spent a quarter century of my life there! I've seen girls declining night shifts for this reason in my previous work. As long as there are good pick-up and drop facilities available, it's fine. But I haven't seen or heard of any girl who rides her two-wheeler for a night shift.

Some do, they come a bit earlier. I used to use my two-wheeler on the days I would not have pick up and had to go to office. Just go a bit early like at 8 o'clock or something like that. You should go on Mysore road at nighttime, the Coffee Days and Baristas are so full the whole night with girls everywhere. But then generally roads are deserted at nighttime, so even boys wont feel comfortable with their two-wheelers.

Yeah all communities have their tags, but I doubt there is malice associated with it.

Some do, they come a bit earlier. I used to use my two-wheeler on the days I would not have pick up and had to go to office. Just go a bit early like at 8 o'clock or something like that. You should go on Mysore road at nighttime, the Coffee Days and Baristas are so full the whole night with girls everywhere. But then generally roads are deserted at nighttime, so even boys wont feel comfortable with their two-wheelers.

As long as girls have company and move in a group, I guess they won't feel vulnerable at night. But otherwise, most cities are seen as unsafe for lone Women after dark. I guess Mumbai is the only exception in our Country, in that it's always awake and there are always people on the roads and in public transportation.

@liall jaat hai k, taau ?? :azn:

@Indischer Nange kannada baralu . . . phew. . . correct na bhai ??:D
LOL...Nange Kannada baralla (Mujhe Kannada nahi aati). :-)

For one we dont use word konni. you say na. bero is bera. manne na bera is how a jaat from Delhi would say that. And yes Meerut is in UP lol

I know Meerut is in UP but thats not very far from NCR. . . :mad:

How can u "taaus" speak a different Taau-wani in Delhi. . .:D

I know Meerut is in UP but thats not very far from NCR. . . :mad:

How can u "taaus" speak a different Taau-wani in Delhi. . .:D

That's like saying Tamil and telegu are all the same. And if you go to Haryana it will be even more different and tougher for you to understand. Living in Delhi has changed the accent of people and even the vocabulary.

That's like saying Tamil and telegu are all the same. And if you go to Haryana it will be even more different and tougher for you to understand. Living in Delhi has changed the accent of people and even the vocabulary.

Stayed in Hisar for a year
boxing.gif

yes their language is hard to understand. . . they speak like banging your head to a wall. .. Latthmar :lol:

As long as girls have company and move in a group, I guess they won't feel vulnerable at night. But otherwise, most cities are seen as unsafe for lone Women after dark. I guess Mumbai is the only exception in our Country, in that it's always awake and there are always people on the roads and in public transportation.

If you are driving a car, then it is as safe as any other place in the world. Otherwise lone woman walking on the street are vulnerable regardless of which part of world they live in. Hell men too.

Back
Top Bottom