What's new

Whatever

Yes. But there still are certain iron-clad rules to be followed in rural areas. Even the wealthy folks from backward castes act subserviently when they go to homes of Upper Caste families. nammor kade antu ide paddati ide.

That is deference to the past and should not be equated with subservience. If there was to be any economic contention, then it would not take much for this "subservience" to evaporate. Like I do not look up to someone because they are born brahmin, but the Pujari from the temple automatically gets respect.

Tumko kaise malum ?:o::o::o:

Or maybe, you two are conspiring against me and my glorious moustache . . .
boxing.gif

Lollypop ki taraf dekhna bhi mat
big-machine-gun.gif
Yaar, jis bacche se tum Lollipop churaye the na, woh tumhara Avatar mein baitha hai. Kaafi gusse mein lag raha hai.:fie:

That is deference to the past and should not be equated with subservience. If there was to be any economic contention, then it would not take much for this "subservience" to evaporate. Like I do not look up to someone because they are born brahmin, but the Pujari from the temple automatically gets respect.

It's like both groups are normalized with such discrimination and are comfortable with it. I try my best to subtly hint that such practices ought to be consigned to History, but not many are in the mood to listen.

What worries me is that my generation too acts in the same way, in spite of access to so many avenues that spread greater awareness regarding such issues.

But the way you write Kannada, one might mistake you as someone from Kundapur.
The bold part is really news to me. I felt security for Women after dark was also a factor in them refusing/avoiding night shifts.

It has been 14 years in this industry and tell you never for a moment I felt unsafe working in the nightshift. Which is why when I read those reports, I feel WTH. It is not at all reflective of how the society really is today.

I did that in the past (twice). . . was threatened by some of the villagers to not to entertain these people:(

That is shameful. Why cant villagers mind their own business though. I grew up thinking people from lower castes were inferior people. But when I went to university interacted with all kinds of people made friends with some of them :) My kids will grow up not hating any one :D

It has been 14 years in this industry and tell you never for a moment I felt unsafe working in the nightshift. Which is why when I read those reports, I feel WTH. It is not at all reflective of how the society really is today.

14 years? You must be old. least 35 years :D

It's like both groups are normalized with such discrimination and are comfortable with it. I try my best to subtly hint that such practices ought to be consigned to History, but not many are in the mood to listen.
What worries me is that my generation too acts in the same way, in spite of access to so many avenues that spread greater awareness regarding such issues.

That is funny. I was 22 before I found out my caste. No one ever asked about it in school. Most kids in Bombay still do not know about it and it does not matter. This was the same when I moved to Bangalore or when I go to Mysore or Mangalore. No one ever asks about caste where ever I go.

Does that need formal education in English or Medicines?
Nah. It is a 3-4 month course which I was lucky enough to get free when the industry initially started. They would train you and employ you based on just your English skill.

The kind of confidence that you have regarding our society is heartening to see. I'd say progress has truly been made when Ladies won't feel scared or afraid to travel in our cities after dark. :)

Haarkat dekhthe hi patha chalgaya.:azn:
Paini nazar hai badi. . .:enjoy:
Yaar, jis bacche se tum Lollipop churaye the na, woh tumhara Avatar mein baitha hai. Kaafi gusse mein lag raha hai.:fie:
:tup::tup:
That is shameful. Why cant villagers mind their own business though. I grew up thinking people from lower castes were inferior people. But when I went to university interacted with all kinds of people made friends with some of them :) My kids will grow up not hating any one :D

I've said this thing many times. . . we know what's wrong and what's right. . but we cant do anything about it. . . Even the ppl from the lower castes are responsible for this attitude towards them up to some extent :frown:

The kind of confidence that you have regarding our society is heartening to see. I'd say progress has truly been made when Ladies won't feel scared or afraid to travel in our cities after dark. :)

My sister works in a hotel in Gurgaon. The hotel guys pick her up and drop her as well. If they cant for some reason dad will do it. And Dad still dont allow her to go out in shorts. Delhi is unsafe :P

Back
Top Bottom