What's new

Whatever

If you are driving a car, then it is as safe as any other place in the world. Otherwise lone woman walking on the street are vulnerable regardless of which part of world they live in. Hell men too.

It isn't the case in many developed Nations. That should be the aspiration for our society too. And as the Nirbhaya case proved, a male companion & public transport cannot be considered safe anymore. Just one such case has the potential to erase years of progress in making Women trust our Society.

It isn't the case in many developed Nations. That should be the aspiration for our society too. And as the Nirbhaya case proved, a male companion & public transport cannot be considered safe anymore. Just one such case has the potential to erase years of progress in making Women trust our Society.

I do not know of a single country which does not have rapes. I have been on so many trips with boys and girls from office trekking or holidaying all over south and never felt threatened. Have seen girls riding on the bicycles from schools in the remotest mountain areas and I think that is true in all villages and small towns girls are to be seen everywhere.

In fact when these rape stories started coming up, I asked my niece and her friend if they felt unsafe coming home from school on the days she has to stay back for NCC and miss the school bus. She is in 10th std now and you know the age when they start attracting boy's attention. Both of them squawked with indignation. They said the boys have more to be worried from them than they from boys.

I do not know of a single country which does not have rapes. I have been on so many trips with boys and girls from office trekking or holidaying all over south and never felt threatened. Have seen girls riding on the bicycles from schools in the remotest mountain areas and I think that is true in all villages and small towns girls are to be seen everywhere.

In fact when these rape stories started coming up, I asked my niece and her friend if they felt unsafe coming home from school on the days she has to stay back for NCC and miss the school bus. She is in 10th std now and you know the age when they start attracting boy's attention. Both of them squawked with indignation. They said the boys have more to be worried from them than they from boys.

Rapes are prevalent everywhere, but the circumstances under which they were perpetrated vary markedly. Many cases of Rape in developed Nations usually involve exploitation of Women after they're drunk and too disoriented to defend themselves. Raping in moving buses or snatching girls from streets are very very rare. :) The average Woman in many developed Nations does not think twice before setting out alone at night. We're still some way away from making our streets feel that safe.

@Indischer my overall observation of my countrymen is very positive. They go out of their way to help girls in distress. When I came from Bombay to Bangalore, I took up a job in an advertising firm and the condition was that I had to have a two-wheeler. Now I had never ridden a bicycle in Bombay, always used the bus there to go to school and college and had no sense of balance. I got a TVS-50 and god knows had so many accidents that first year. I am one of those female who is a hazard on road, LOL. I simply have no sense of direction. Well, in every accident after accident, it was the rickshaw drivers who came to help, both to fix the moped and inquire after me. Or say you are traveling on train, they go out and buy you tea, coffee, ensure you are safe, and these are rank strangers.

Yup. . . you are officially a part of our accused gang now. . .:omghaha:

the accuser. . :p:

This funny....I want to post something but then that would be like adding fuel to fire.:)

Chalo bye-bye time to be "on air".

Hermione said:
I am one of those female who is a hazard on road, LOL
Lol...Add me to your category.I am banned from driving on fast tracks.

Back
Top Bottom