What's new

Whatever

When did its reputation begin to deteriorate? I know that a lot can change in a few years, but that university would have been my first choice for medicine around the years 2006 to 2007.

Yeah, many of KEMU graduates do go abroad for their specializations. In general though, KEMU still retains a good reputation in Arabia & I consider that impressive. Although, it must be said that employers in this country are very fond of Western degrees too, especially those belonging to institutes in the US.

Probably in the '90s with time just like with every other institution in Pakistan !

The Punjab University once used to amongst the best Universities in the World - Right now its a behemoth without much result to show for !

But yes there are a few areas like Molecular Biology where it excels !

But, if memory serves, only NUST gets into the top 500 Universities in the world as per the Times Ranking I saw a year or two ago !

Not LUMS...not any other !

So you can well imagine how 'internationally' competitive a qualification from them would be especially at the Graduate Level !

When did its reputation begin to deteriorate? I know that a lot can change in a few years, but that university would have been my first choice for medicine around the years 2006 to 2007.

Yeah, many of KEMU graduates do go abroad for their specializations. In general though, KEMU still retains a good reputation in Arabia & I consider that impressive. Although, it must be said that employers in this country are very fond of Western degrees too, especially those belonging to institutes in the US.
from da time KEMU dint allow armstrong to even submit form for entery test:rofl:

n LUMS he hates cuz thy dun hav special quota 4 kashmiries or thy dun allow to have large meals in their cafe:laugh:

Haha! How do you plan on getting revenge? :partay:

I hear the Scythians were good at head hunting. ;) (I am joking.) :P
dun have to cuz he alredy said sorry thrice in one post:enjoy::p:

Probably in the '90s with time just like with every other institution in Pakistan !

The Punjab University once used to amongst the best Universities in the World - Right now its a behemoth without much result to show for !

But, if memory serves, only NUST gets into the top 500 Universities in the world as per the Times Ranking I saw a year or two ago !

So you can well imagine how 'internationally' competitive a qualification from them would be especially at the Graduate Level !
here too we beat Lahoriz :bunny::pakistan: :meeting:

many of da NUST n LUMS graduates are workin on very gud posts abroad...thy werent stupid or just anybudy dat those ppl in management hired them for imp posts!

I think I am pretty convinced that if I were to come to Pakistan, those two would be the best options. Thanks. I think the main reason I considered Pakistan is because I have always been abroad, I thought it would be a good experience to study & live there for a considerable period of time.

I think I am pretty convinced that if I were to come to Pakistan, those two would be the best options. Thanks. I think the main reason I considered Pakistan is because I have always been abroad, I thought it would be a good experience to study & live there for a considerable period of time.
also for us it wud be grt to c another sane n sound lahorite in pak aother than @Aamna14 :enjoy:

Last edited:

Oh bhaii karnaa kiyaa haiii ? :what:

NUST's claim to fame isn't its Business School its its Engineering Side !

In Business - Nothing gets close to LUMS or IBA within Pakistan !

from da time KEMU dint allow armstrong to even submit form for entery test:rofl:

n LUMS he hates cuz thy dun hav special quota 4 kashmiries or thy dun allow to have large meals in their cafe:laugh:

dun have to cuz he alredy said sorry thrice in one post:enjoy::p:

Haha! :rofl:

At my previous university, some of my friends & I used to go to this Iranian restaurant on the roof whenever we wanted food that kind of resembled the stuff from back home. It was actually a restaurant chain that served food in the university for a few hours to cater for Iranian & other students from nearby regions. The only thing I disliked about it was that they didn't offer Sheeshah at university. It would have helped us kill of a few hours during our breaks between classes. Going back home & then returning a few hours later for just one more class was extremely annoying. :lol:

Oi @Neptune @T-123456 @Sinan - Whats the best Business School/University in Turkiye ? :what:

dho_ustten.jpg

DENİZ HARP OKULU - TUZLA İSTANBUL - www.dho.edu.tr

its sectr H 12 campus is gud....

kuch pata bi nai tu bolty ja raey ho!:eek:

NUST is a private university, am I correct? So it's mainly government universities suffering from organizational politics, negligence, & nepotism?

NUST is a private university, am I correct? So it's mainly government universities suffering from organizational politics, negligence, & nepotism?

NUST isn't a Private University in the same sense that LUMS is because Gentlemen Cadets & other Officers from the Armed Forces study there so I think its an Army Owned Entity though I could be wrong !

Haha! :rofl:

At my previous university, some of my friends & I used to go to this Iranian restaurant on the roof whenever we wanted food that kind of resembled the stuff from back home. It was actually a restaurant chain that served food in the university for a few hours to cater for Iranian & other students from nearby regions. The only thing I disliked about it was that they didn't offer Sheeshah at university. It would have helped us kill of a few hours during our breaks between classes. Going back home & then returning a few hours later for just one more class was extremely annoying. :lol:
n its not allowed here in pak also:tongue: so u got to think of takin admission in any country like zimbabwe or nepal where its allowed:enjoy:

NUST isn't a Private University in the same sense that LUMS is because Gentlemen Cadets & other Officers from the Armed Forces study there so I think its an Army Owned Entity though I could be wrong !
yes Army made this inst:pakistan::bunny::tongue:

Yeah, I know that it's reputation was based on Engineering, but I am sure it's among the best for Business too. Yeah, LUMS is one of the other options I will consider. This is all hypothetical for now because my primary choice at the moment is my previous university. I am only going to choose another option if I truly want a change.

Back
Top Bottom