What's new

Whatever

Se avete intenzione di visitare Roma. Sarò felice di voi assisterà???

We have Italian Madam :D who is busy looting the Country. Tomorrow, I'm leaving for US. Therefore, I'm not going to be active on PDF for almost 2 months. We are also visiting Italy, so thought if there is Italian member here, I can ask few things from him.
@Zakii no more bugging from me. :ashamed:
Ask ---- If you prefer English :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
can't wait for too long @Flamingo

What do you want to ask about Italy?

If your sole purpose of visit is Tourism then I can help you out about few Italian cities

Se avete intenzione di visitare Roma. Sarò felice di voi assisterà???

Ask ---- If you prefer English :lol:

I don't know Italian but Google helped me to translate what you've mentioned. I'm going to spend around 8 to 10 days in Italy and want to visit Venice, Rome and Vatican city. Is it possible to explore these places in these many days, any extra suggestions would be appreciated. The purpose of visit is only Tourism.

I don't know Italian but Google helped me to translate what you've mentioned. I'm going to spend around 8 to 10 days in Italy and want to visit Venice, Rome and Vatican city. Is it possible to explore these places in these many days, any extra suggestions would be appreciated.

8 days are more than enough for this purpose. OK let me break this post in pieces

Vatican City

is inside of Rome. So visiting Vatican requires only half day if you plan to visit only Saint Peter's basilica from inside out and a round trip of Vatican. But if you plan to visit Vatican Museum, Sistine Chapel, Vatican Library and Gardens etc then it might take a little longer. I don't think it will take more than a day's visit to see the whole of Vatican if you plan to visit everything.

One good hint is when you reach St Peter's Basilica they will ask you if you want to go on top by stairs or lift. I made a mistake by opting to go by stairs (as I thought I will get to see those Spiral Stairs located inside of Vatican Museum and not St Peter's Basilica) and to my bad luck (or good luck as it was a memorable moment), I had to walk about 850 stairs + 350 to reach the top of the dome by foot (stairs are estimated as i remember correctly they were above 1100 stairs altogether. You can google for exact figure). So make sure you opt for the lift option for 5 Euros to save your time and energy. You can also opt to not visit the top of St Peter's Basilica and stay on the ground where almost everything is located but it is nice to go on top.

This is how you see Vatican/Rome from top of St Peter's Basilica...

St_Peter's_Square,_Vatican_City_-_April_2007.jpg

Rome

OK Rome has tons of attractions but the good thing is, it is still smaller city comparing to your expectations. There are only two underground trains and the route is quite simple. It is not like 12 underground routes in London or 16 in Paris. Most of the attractions are located in Line A with one or two exceptions like Colosseum being found on Line B. Good thing is the route is simple so the chances are very little that you will be lost.

I can give you the full list of places you should visit in the next post if you ask... Like categorise them in must watch to recommended to optional if you want. The whole of Rome can be watched in one day however when you start entering Colosseum and other attractions, it requires couple of days. In my opinion you will be satisfied after 3 days maximum

Venice

Beautiful romantic city but you will enjoy more if you have a good partner with you. Good companionship is most important when you are travelling around. Not many attractions but the area near Grand Canal is stunningly beautiful.

If you have 8-10 days you can also add in one more city if you want.

My parents visited ^^ all of those cities plus a few more in 20 days

8 days are more than enough for this purpose. OK let me break this post in pieces

Vatican City

is inside of Rome. So visiting Vatican requires only half day if you plan to visit only Saint Peter's basilica from inside out and a round trip of Vatican. But if you plan to visit Vatican Museum, Sistine Chapel, Vatican Library and Gardens etc then it might take a little longer. I don't think it will take more than a day's visit to see the whole of Vatican if you plan to visit everything.

One good hint is when you reach St Peter's Basilica they will ask you if you want to go on top by stairs or lift. I made a mistake by opting to go by stairs (as I thought I will get to see those Spiral Stairs located inside of Vatican Museum and not St Peter's Basilica) and to my bad luck (or good luck as it was a memorable moment), I had to walk about 850 stairs + 350 to reach the top of the dome by foot (stairs are estimated as i remember correctly they were above 1100 stairs altogether. You can google for exact figure). So make sure you opt for the lift option for 5 Euros to save your time and energy. You can also opt to not visit the top of St Peter's Basilica and stay on the ground where almost everything is located but it is nice to go on top.

This is how you see Vatican/Rome from top of St Peter's Basilica...

St_Peter's_Square,_Vatican_City_-_April_2007.jpg

Rome

OK Rome has tons of attractions but the good thing is, it is still smaller city comparing to your expectations. There are only two underground trains and the route is quite simple. It is not like 12 underground routes in London or 16 in Paris. Most of the attractions are located in Line A with one or two exceptions like Colosseum being found on Line B. Good thing is the route is simple so the chances are very little that you will be lost.

I can give you the full list of places you should visit in the next post if you ask... Like categorise them in must watch to recommended to optional if you want. The whole of Rome can be watched in one day however when you start entering Colosseum and other attractions, it requires couple of days. In my opinion you will be satisfied after 3 days maximum

Venice

Beautiful romantic city but you will enjoy more if you have a good partner with you. Good companionship is most important when you are travelling around. Not many attractions but the area near Grand Canal is stunningly beautiful.

If you have 8-10 days you can also add in one more city if you want.
@Zakii thank you for valuable information. Please go ahead and let me know the list of places which are must to visit, as it will make my life easier. Also suggest the other city which I can visit. :smitten:

Flamingo this is the map of Rome Metro

Mappa_metro_Roma_2012.png

now if you notice the station in the centre is called Termini. That's Terminal in English or Centre station you can say for easy to remember and if you do about it already. That's the only station which links both Line A or B and your hotel should be close by. I personally lived in San Giovani which is not too far from Termini and pretty cheap as well as located close to famous attractions. I walked to Colosseum when I reached there at the night time and didn't want to travel around on the bus/underground at that time.

You will mostly be travelling either on the buses or underground since the metro is very old and limited to few stations only. Most of the stations on Line A are attractions. For example Barberini is not far from Travi Fountain, Spagna is outside Spanish Steps and Vittorio Emanuel also a very good place. I love that building

@Zakii thank you for valuable information. Please go ahead and let me know the list of places which are must to visit, as it will make my life easier. Also suggest the other city which I can visit. :smitten:

ok i will do that in a while.. I now have guests at home so I need to attend them for a while

Flamingo this is the map of Rome Metro

Mappa_metro_Roma_2012.png

now if you notice the station in the centre is called Termini. That's Terminal in English or Centre station you can say for easy to remember and if you do about it already. That's the only station which links both Line A or B and your hotel should be close by. I personally lived in San Giovani which is not too far from Termini and pretty cheap as well as located close to famous attractions. I walked to Colosseum when I reached there at the night time and didn't want to travel around on the bus/underground at that time.

You will mostly be travelling either on the buses or underground since the metro is very old and limited to few stations only. Most of the stations on Line A are attractions. For example Barberini is not far from Travi Fountain, Spagna is outside Spanish Steps and Vittorio Emanuel also a very good place. I love that building

ok i will do that in a while..
so I need to attend him for a while

Mate, thank you so much, you can take your own sweet time. :tup:

My parents visited ^^ all of those cities plus a few more in 20 days

Apparently, the information which zakii has provided is more than enough and I think that will do for me. Moreover, I'm also trying to seek information through other channels.:angel:

OK I will begin with Rome. Must watch places in

Rome are

Colosseum (one of the 7 wonders in the world)

Trevi Fountain - really beautiful

Piazza Navona - another fountain.. read wikipedia

Spanish Steps - If I am not wrong, longest stairs in the world and good view when you reach on top

Victor Emmanuel - is my fav building

Although Roman Forum is most famous and located near-by Colosseum, you can visit that place if you have good time. If not then you can skip this part (khandarat hain lakin history bohat hi kamal ki hai). The good thing is, when you buy ticket for Colosseum you will have free entrance to the roman forum and nearby ruins. There are 5-6 altogether and when you start reading history you will feel like it can't be missed... but on day you might be thinking otherwise.

You can start your journey from Rome...

Day 1: visit Colosseum, Roman Forum (circus maximus, palentine hills etc) and Victor Emmanuel in one day...

Day 2: Trevi Fountain, Navona Fountain, Piazza del popolo and few other fountains and a good walk of rome on foot. When you are going towards Navona Fountain and Pantheon... You will have a good street access by walk... and I really liked that area very much

Day 3: Vatican City, Museum, Libary, Angel Castle (Castel Sant'Anegelo and the bridge etc) ... everything about Vatican in one day... and you are off to leave

There are many more attractions but most of them are pretty boring. Make you sure see as many obelisks as possible as some of them are very old. For example the obelisk in piazza del popolo is believed to be about 3300 years old.

Rome is all about nuns, fountains, obelisks, stairs and churches... visit as many as you can.

Beloved Emperor @Hyperion , why are you so quiet?

I feel thy mood is somber, after the fall of Naswarvillie.

The minions need something to cheer about.They laugh when you laugh.Your one sight is their morale booster.Your smile fills their heart with hope and energy.:)

And an emperor is an emperor, no matter whatever he do or wherever he dwell.

China had even bigger reserves than India.
Coal mining in India is a expensive business for private players because of environment clearances and land acquisitions,Indian coal has high ash content and Coal India has monopoly on Indian Coal reserves.

Adani is pumping $10 Billion in their Carmichael Coal Mine Project.They have a generation capacity of 5000MW and are aiming for 20000 MW by 2020 so the

GVK's investment is also closer to $10 Billion and they are implementing 5000MW of generation capacity.

Japan is the biggest importer of Australian coal Chinese demand will increase as they move away from the local coal in a bid to control pollution.

Iron ore will surely take a hit Coal,Uranium will be the winners

My mate is a truckie,he's getting paid well but then again its a hard job as you are constantly on the move.

LOL! Even I have got a MR License :ashamed:

That's amazing to hear, didn't know about those projects before. Are you sure about the numbers? 10B is a large sum of money, didn't think Indian orgs had so much liquid cash, or are they financing through debt?

Yeahh being a truckie is hard, those long lonely hours in the middle of nowhere.

What kinda vehicles can you drive with a MR license? I'm looking to get my forklift license right now, I don't want to be one of those engineers who's afraid to get hteir hands dirty.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom