What's new

Whatever

not cowboy welder proper welder or make wooden beehive boxes or beds or something.
what about teacher not that i got teaching qualification but do have the bsc honor degree in computing.

Thats the daily wage of a proper welder that I mentioned & that too on a higher side ! And about teaching...yeah it could work if you've got the experience for it but work for a higher degree & gain some relevant work experience before otherwise the growth potential & the pay is very low ! As a BSc (Hon) in Computing you won't be able to make more than Rs.20,000 a month (which is around $200) & thats not nearly enough here.

If you want to live off three simple meals a day, a shabby apartment, a 3 year old wardrobe & little to no outing because you can't afford it - Come to Pakistan ! If you want to have a decent life style....gain a higher degree & gain some work experience & then come !

@Armstrong; dude do you have any idea about property prices in lahore these days, specially in DHA or near DHA

A little over 2.5 crore for a 1 kanal plot in DHA Central & between 1.5 to 2 crore for the newer phases of DHA (e.g the one near LUMS).

Wassay buttt where do u live in Lahore?

Model Town !

Last edited by a moderator:
Means near 1 mil/Marla :eek:

Yaaraa mein property dealer tou nahin hunnn but I think the prices I quoted are more or less a true reflection of where the real estate market stands !

If rentals are an indicator of the prices of a property than I know that a 3 bedroom ground floor with attached bath, lounge & kitchen is going for Rs.30-40,000 a month.

Thats the daily wage of a proper welder that I mentioned & that too on a higher side ! And about teaching...yeah it could work if you've got the experience for it but work for a higher degree & gain some relevant work experience before otherwise the growth potential & the pay is very low ! As a BSc (Hon) in Computing you won't be able to make more than Rs.20,000 a month (which is around $200) & thats not nearly enough here.

If you want to live off three simple meals a day, a shabby apartment, a 3 year old wardrobe & little to no outing because you can't afford it - Come to Pakistan ! If you want to have a decent life style....gain a higher degree & gain some work experience & then come !

that bull sh it pay my cousins mangater he get paid 120 pound a month n his wife for teaching well they are qualified teachers in Pakistan. i do have house in pak with some land we live in village you know farmers folks. but we have bijli power cuts may have to do hot rodding with alternators n wind power or go solar project.

that bull sh it pay my cousins mangater he get paid 120 pound a month n his wife for teaching well they are qualified teachers in Pakistan. i do have house in pak with some land we live in village you know farmers folks. but we have bijli power cuts may have to do hot rodding with alternators n wind power or go solar project.

I'm sorry I can't make out what you've written ?

I know, Buttts are only good in suggesting restaurants and other food places.

I could suggest a nice little slaughter house for you to get a shave as well ! :D

I'm sorry I can't make out what you've written ?

I could suggest a nice little slaughter house for you to get a shave as well ! :D

What i was saying is that i have Pakistani born cousins who are man n wife and they are both pak qualified teachers at some school and they both get 120 pounds a month. but somebody from britain with bsc honour in computing get 200 pound a month that is crap. i do have house in Pakistan, with land. My father says open restaurant it good business he could be right cos i know a lot of people from UK that come for holiday to spend money and i can make some good dough.

What i was saying is that i have Pakistani born cousins who are man n wife and they are both pak qualified teachers at some school and they both get 120 pounds a month. but somebody from britain with bsc honour in computing get 200 pound a month that is crap. i do have house in Pakistan, with land. My father says open restaurant it good business he could be right cos i know a lot of people from UK that come for holiday to spend money and i can make some good dough.

I have a cousin and she went to Cambridge for her BSC. After the degree, she decided she wanted to teach in London... Living a comfortable life...

OFF TOPIC - Boys if you need ideas on bijli/Inverter/voltbooster etc projects here is the site but the idiots have not fixed the hyperlink from their main site so i am giving you direct link from my email should you do decide for projects. Rizzi is me on the forum.

DIY 50 watt power inverter Construction help

I have a cousin and she went to Cambridge for her BSC. After the degree, she decided she wanted to teach in London... Living a comfortable life...

Yeah my cousin she too went London very successful but brother i hate London i hate city. Most successful pak have moved London or oil regions.

I said $200 which would equate to more or less 120 pounds I suppose ! Okay let me put this out as candidly as lest you make a seriously messed up decision - I'm having renovation work done at my place & naturally welders are involved, my Mama is doing her PhD, my Dad teaches Post-Graduate Medical Education in addition to being a full-time Doctor & I've got 2-3 teachers in my family ! If that wasn't enough from Montessori to the A'levels I've had education at one of the better schools in Pakistan & I joined a college/institute for the ACCA studies as well so I'm sort of in the loop !

First things first - Welding : You are not going to make ends meet as a welder unless you want to be living hand to mouth & that too at a fairly low income level. This is not the UK where one can work as a waiter & still save up enough to buy a car after about 6 months to a year - This is Pakistan & here a welder wouldn't be able to afford a car if he worked & saved for the remainder of his life because he won't have any saving. He won't be able to go to even middle income shops or restraunts ! He will never be able to save enough to buy an Iphone or a PC. He would never be able to go anything beyond buying a worn out motorcycle, wearing worn out dresses from the last 3-4 years continued, have a cheap cell-phone in his pocket, eating the most plain food imaginable every day & thinking of buying a bottle of Pepsi at the end of the week as a treat ! Thats life...its hard...its tough & it ain't worth it !

Secondly - The Higher Education Commission of Pakistan has ensured that lecturers in the University need to be, preferably, PhDs or at the very least MSc with one foot into the M.Phil leading to PhD program. There is no place for Undergrads at the University level unless they do so as junior lecturers pursing an MSc at the same degree (like many Lahore School of Economics graduates do...MBA in the evening & teaching first year Undergrads in the morning).

If its a school we're talking about then know this that teachers here make ends meet not through their monthly pay cheque but through private tuitions after their work hours in the evenings & some of them make tons of money at that ! And yet for each successful one of them I could show you a 100 others who barely make it through with a living. And none of the successful ones are teaching 'computing' ! You can gauge the lack of importance attached to this by the fact that in my O'levels out of nearly 250 of us only 7 took up Computer Sciences as a subject & none in the A'levels. There is no market here for 'Computing' & the small one that exists is extremely competitive to the point of being monopolistic.

My aunt teaches Economics at a pretty good school here in Lahore & she earns around Rs.30,000 a month which should come to around $ 300 (Dollars). If she were a man with a family of his own, 2-3 kids to raise, to pay the bills, to save up money for a rainy day....she'd be toast because you can't make a decent living in that unless you're prepared to eek through with nothing...where even once a month dine in with a sorry arsed restauraunt like McDonalds would blow your budget !

If you want that life....be my guest ! But I urge you to be reasonable & work your way up to an MSc & gain some work experience.

P.S It doesn't matter whether you've got a British degree or not if the demand for it isn't there !

P.P.S The overheads for a restaurant here are enormous. My Uncle started one in Lahore & he tells me that he has to make Rs.120,000 worth of sales every day just to break-even (No Profit....No Loss).

:rofl:

I'm going to Lahore next month. That will be my first stop after the airport.

You're most welcome to come, Buttt Sahib ! But I bet my Dad would have a heart-attack seeing a Buttt who looks like a Chinese ! :rofl:

You still haven't told me where you live in Lahore ! :what:

I said $200 which would equate to more or less 120 pounds I suppose ! Okay let me put this out as candidly as lest you make a seriously messed up decision - I'm having renovation work done at my place & naturally welders are involved, my Mama is doing her PhD, my Dad teaches Post-Graduate Medical Education in addition to being a full-time Doctor & I've got 2-3 teachers in my family ! If that wasn't enough from Montessori to the A'levels I've had education at one of the better schools in Pakistan & I joined a college/institute for the ACCA studies as well so I'm sort of in the loop !

First things first - Welding : You are not going to make ends meet as a welder unless you want to be living hand to mouth & that too at a fairly low income level. This is not the UK where one can work as a waiter & still save up enough to buy a car after about 6 months to a year - This is Pakistan & here a welder wouldn't be able to afford a car if he worked & saved for the remainder of his life because he won't have any saving. He won't be able to go to even middle income shops or restraunts ! He will never be able to save enough to buy an Iphone or a PC. He would never be able to go anything beyond buying a worn out motorcycle, wearing worn out dresses from the last 3-4 years continued, have a cheap cell-phone in his pocket, eating the most plain food imaginable every day & thinking of buying a bottle of Pepsi at the end of the week as a treat ! Thats life...its hard...its tough & it ain't worth it !

Secondly - The Higher Education Commission of Pakistan has ensured that lecturers in the University need to be, preferably, PhDs or at the very least MSc with one foot into the M.Phil leading to PhD program. There is no place for Undergrads at the University level unless they do so as junior lecturers pursing an MSc at the same degree (like many Lahore School of Economics graduates do...MBA in the evening & teaching first year Undergrads in the morning).

If its a school we're talking about then know this that teachers here make ends meet not through their monthly pay cheque but through private tuitions after their work hours in the evenings & some of them make tons of money at that ! And yet for each successful one of them I could show you a 100 others who barely make it through with a living. And none of the successful ones are teaching 'computing' ! You can gauge the lack of importance attached to this by the fact that in my O'levels out of nearly 250 of us only 7 took up Computer Sciences as a subject & none in the A'levels. There is no market here for 'Computing' & the small one that exists is extremely competitive to the point of being monopolistic.

My aunt teaches Economics at a pretty good school here in Lahore & she earns around Rs.30,000 a month which should come to around $ 300 (Dollars). If she were a man with a family of his own, 2-3 kids to raise, to pay the bills, to save up money for a rainy day....she'd be toast because you can't make a decent living in that unless you're prepared to eek through with nothing...where even once a month dine in with a sorry arsed restauraunt like McDonalds would blow your budget !

If you want that life....be my guest ! But I urge you to be reasonable & work your way up to an MSc & gain some work experience.

P.S It doesn't matter whether you've got a British degree or not if the demand for it isn't there !

P.P.S The overheads for a restaurant here are enormous. My Uncle started one in Lahore & he tells me that he has to make Rs.120,000 worth of sales every day just to break-even (No Profit....No Loss).

You're most welcome to come, Buttt Sahib ! But I bet my Dad would have a heart-attack seeing a Buttt who looks like a Chinese ! :rofl:

You still haven't told me where you live in Lahore ! :what:

fuking hell tuba wtf is pak on heroin. here in dadyal restaurants make good money, well for the owner that is, i believe due to one reason its britshpak spot for shopping. You will see many many uk pak in one spot and that is dadyal town. i think i can a make it if i open store or restaurant i know so many uk paks and will support my business.

Back
Top Bottom