What's new

Whatever

Saw Skyfall last night. Nice movie.

Indeed a good movie. But what i could not understand was, when they lured the bad guy out in the countryside, why didn't they just call in Special Forces and create a kill box. He would have had nowhere to run lol

Indeed a good movie. But what i could not understand was, when they lured the bad guy out in the countryside, why didn't they just call in Special Forces and create a kill box. He would have had nowhere to run lol

Good point, but one must not think too critically when watching a James Bond movie, wouldn't you agree? :D

I am yet to watch it :cry:

Are you waiting to get married before you go see movies? :D

I have got a new job, and guess what? My general manager is Indian...:cry: He is very modest and nice though.

A British man came to Sheikh and asked:
Why is it not permissible in Islam for women to shake hands with a man?
The Sheikh said:
Can you shake hands with Queen Elizabeth?
British man said:
Of course no, there are only certain people who can shake hands with Queen Elizabeth.
Sheikh replied:
Our women are queens and queens do not shake hands with strange men.
Then the British man asked the Sheikh:
Why do your girls cover up their body and hair?
The Sheikh smiled and got two sweets, he opened the first one and kept the other one closed. He threw them both on the dusty floor and asked the British:
If I ask you to take one of the sweets which one will you choose?
The British replied:
The covered one.
The Sheikh said:
That's how we treat and see our woman

A British man came to Sheikh and asked:
Why is it not permissible in Islam for women to shake hands with a man?
The Sheikh said:
Can you shake hands with Queen Elizabeth?
British man said:
Of course no, there are only certain people who can shake hands with Queen Elizabeth.
Sheikh replied:
Our women are queens and queens do not shake hands with strange men.
Then the British man asked the Sheikh:
Why do your girls cover up their body and hair?
The Sheikh smiled and got two sweets, he opened the first one and kept the other one closed. He threw them both on the dusty floor and asked the British:
If I ask you to take one of the sweets which one will you choose?
The British replied:
The covered one.
The Sheikh said:
That's how we treat and see our woman

:hitwall: :cry: :suicide: This is what logic passes for these days !

Buttt tell me how would a 22 year old with an ACCA+ICAEW+BSc in Applied Accounting with a few months away from a CIMA along with 1 year's worth of work experience with Grant Thornton International (the 5th largest audit firm in the world) along with 4-5 3-4 month long internships with everything from Banks to Schools to Newspapers....fare in Canada ?

I'm planning for a career in Investment Finance & would be looking to go for the CFA charter in the next 1 or 2 years !

P.S Because of the ACCA & the ICAEW I'm eligible to be exempted from the majority of Canad's CGA & CA papers with only 1 or 2 of their papers still outstanding (I think its tax & corporate law for currently I've studied the British tax system & the English Civil Law)

@ Armstrong:

Sorry that thread got closed.

You look good especially with Grant Thornton International but if you are looking to try here, the internships should be here to get counted. Generally in Canada, the system is absolutely painful for internationals. I would say getting a job or to study is 10x worse than U.S. They tend to be very very selective. Its alarming but they don't accept anything from the British system. My brother went to do Law in England but even though he is a citizen, he still needs to do the exams.

@ Armstrong:

Sorry that thread got closed.

You look good especially with Grant Thornton International but if you are looking to try here, the internships should be here to get counted. Generally in Canada, the system is absolutely painful for internationals. I would say getting a job or to study is 10x worse than U.S. They tend to be very very selective. Its alarming but they don't accept anything from the British system. My brother went to do Law in England but even though he is a citizen, he still needs to do the exams.

They've gone ape-sh*t on us in Pakistan too ! ICAP (the Governing body of the audit & accounting profession in Pakistan) issued a directive to all audit firms in the country which essentially spelled out as - No Foreign Qualified audit trainee ! So the ACCAs, the CIMAs, the ICAEWs are in limbo for now till it gets sorted out by IFAC (the International Federation of Accountants) or by the Competition Commission of Pakistan !

My internships probably won't count for that much for they were as follows & baring two of them they don't have any international linkages of a sort :

1) The News as a writer & an trainee editor.
2) Habib Bank Limited as a banking trainee getting circulated throughout their departments & yet doing donkey work in general.
3) SOS Villages, taught the kids there.
4) Care Foundation, taught the kids there again.
5) Jeevan Hana, taught the kids as part of my high school sponsored program.
6) Worked with the United Nations Online Volunteer Program & helped with some book-keeping.

So I'm just weighing my options now ! Should I bite the bullet & go for Pakistan's CA seeing that the reason I went into ACCA was because of Finance instead of hardcore accounting or should I pursue the Investment Finance (Hedge Funds, Mutual Funds, Bonds, Futures etc.) side of things & go for a CFA program ! Perhaps even an MSc in Finance first seeing that I've already got a BSc in Applied Accounting (Courtesy of ACCA) with another BSc in Financial Management conditional upon me submitting a good enough thesis (both from British Universities unfortunately).

Yaaar at 22 I feel like a fossil who hasn't achieved sh*t in his life with it heading in no direction whatsoever...I was thinking of China, Turkey or Singapore (Singapore's Chartered Accountancy program has a joint degree scheme with ACCA so that kinda helps there). But Canada sounds good if a bit cold ! My cousin was in Calgary doing his electrical; froze his arse off with the shovel just cleaning up the drive way & I'm someone who sleeps with a blanket on top of him even in June !

They've gone ape-sh*t on us in Pakistan too ! ICAP (the Governing body of the audit & accounting profession in Pakistan) issued a directive to all audit firms in the country which essentially spelled out as - No Foreign Qualified audit trainee ! So the ACCAs, the CIMAs, the ICAEWs are in limbo for now till it gets sorted out by IFAC (the International Federation of Accountants) or by the Competition Commission of Pakistan !

My internships probably won't count for that much for they were as follows & baring two of them they don't have any international linkages of a sort :

1) The News as a writer & an trainee editor.
2) Habib Bank Limited as a banking trainee getting circulated throughout their departments & yet doing donkey work in general.
3) SOS Villages, taught the kids there.
4) Care Foundation, taught the kids there again.
5) Jeevan Hana, taught the kids as part of my high school sponsored program.
6) Worked with the United Nations Online Volunteer Program & helped with some book-keeping.

So I'm just weighing my options now ! Should I bite the bullet & go for Pakistan's CA seeing that the reason I went into ACCA was because of Finance instead of hardcore accounting or should I pursue the Investment Finance (Hedge Funds, Mutual Funds, Bonds, Futures etc.) side of things & go for a CFA program ! Perhaps even an MSc in Finance first seeing that I've already got a BSc in Applied Accounting (Courtesy of ACCA) with another BSc in Financial Management conditional upon me submitting a good enough thesis (both from British Universities unfortunately).

Yaaar at 22 I feel like a fossil who hasn't achieved sh*t in his life with it heading in no direction whatsoever...I was thinking of China, Turkey or Singapore (Singapore's Chartered Accountancy program has a joint degree scheme with ACCA so that kinda helps there). But Canada sounds good if a bit cold ! My cousin was in Calgary doing his electrical; froze his arse off with the shovel just cleaning up the drive way & I'm someone who sleeps with a blanket on top of him even in June !

I'm fcked. I'm studying pre-med for 4 years then i have to go to med school for another 4 years. :hitwall:
8 years!! + 1-2 years of residency....Out of 20,000 applicants only 1000-1500 people get accepted all over Canada. Most likely i'll be heading to U.S or the Caribbean (approved for U.S rotations)

I'm fcked. I'm studying pre-med for 4 years then i have to go to med school for another 4 years. :hitwall:
8 years!! + 1-2 years of residency....Out of 20,000 applicants only 1000-1500 people get accepted all over Canada. Most likely i'll be heading to U.S or the Caribbean (approved for U.S rotations)

Oh terii kiii....you're 20 & you'd be only starting at 30 ! But then the money keeps flowing in so...cheer up ! :tup:

Khair...mujhee koi career wagheraa ka koi shauq bhi nahin....I'd much rather have some savings, learn how to make money of it (hence the Investment Finance thing), buy a small cottage in Ireland someplace & settle down with a local Irish lass ! Ahhhh...the life.

Back
Top Bottom