What's new

Whatever

Nice. I was a day trader for some time, typically trading in the 15M timeframe. Less active now because of studies. However, hope to be more active in the coming vacation. :D

I don't like 15m charts... It is always very risky to trade in 15m... My personal favourite is Daily chart and it is probably the only reliable chart for me that works for most of the times... But I do see other charts like H1 & H4 for reference only. For commodities I also use Weekly charts...

I don't like 15m charts... It is always very risky to trade in 15m... My personal favourite is Daily chart and it is probably the only reliable chart for me that works for most of the times... But I do see other charts like H1 & H4 for reference only. For commodities I also use Weekly charts...

Well... for me I wrote a simple SMA based EA. I used to set appropriate parameters at the end of the Asian session - based on my "feeling", judging news reports on how volatile this day is likely to be as well as longer term s/l zones. Then leave the computer all day on until the beginning of the next asian session for auto-trades..:D

I was moderately successful.. perhaps a longer timeframe would be better!

Well... for me I wrote a simple SMA based EA. I used to set appropriate parameters at the end of the Asian session - based on my "feeling" and judging news reports on how volatile this day is likely to be. Then leave the computer all day on until the beginning of the next asian session for auto-trades..:D

I was moderately successful.. perhaps a longer timeframe would be better!

Short time frame means you are greedy or you have fear of losing money... so you are most likely to earn 1-5% profit out of your total investment... longer time frame means you are becoming a better trader... so you will target higher profits and keeping the losses away from your trades...

Short time frame requires 50-1000 trades to double your investment... while the longer time frame may take your time but you will earn more money with a lot of patience and success

Anybody wants to earn money..... This is the time to invest in Forex! - hold your trades for a month and double your investment before withdrawing all!!!!

I don't believe in stock market, especially those days, my uncle lost all of his money in it, about $200 k in 2009. It's just not safe. I thank God that my mother didn't listen to me when I tried to convince her to invest her retirement Pension, she would have killed me by now. There are allot people who got heart attacks, committed suicide because they lost all their money in stocking market. It's not safe Zakii.

Short time frame means you are greedy or you have fear of losing money... so you are most likely to earn 1-5% profit out of your total investment... longer time frame means you are becoming a better trader... so you will target higher profits and keeping the losses away from your trades...

Short time frame requires 50-1000 trades to double your investment... while the longer time frame may take your time but you will earn more money with a lot of patience and success

Yes, I know what you mean... Longer time frames are usually less stressful and yields better result in the long term... But still, maybe because of greed or something, I find the shorter time frames better personally!

Also, me being a student, I'm quite limited in the amount of capital my dad allows me so have to rely on leverage (usually it's never more than 1:25). If i go to daily time frame the return would be too low (in absolute terms) also I'd get bust easily if I take leverage more than 1:5... I'm taking it as a practice to brush up my skills, hoping to be a professional trader later on, God willing.

Short term trading is too stressful if done manually besides studies, so I've embarked on auto-systems (albeit with frequent manual intervention)

I don't believe in stock market, especially those days, my uncle lost all of his money in it, about 200 k in 2009. It's just not safe. I thank God that my mother didn't listen to me when I tried to convince her to invest her retirement Pension, she would have killed me by now. There are allot people who got heart attacks, committed suicide because they lost all their money in stocking market. It's not safe Zakii.

Indeed but thats what usually happens to us laymen when we tinker with something as complex as the Stock Market ! Just as I wouldn't want a butcher to operate on me I wouldn't want anyone but a seasoned Portfolio Manager to manage my 'Savings' for me.

P.S My cousin has been doing this for the better part of 10 years (he used to work for UBS on the WallStreet) and he made a decent amount of fortune by having a healthy mix of sovereign bonds, forex, commodities, shares of blue-chip companies and some of the more risky investments !

Indeed but thats what usually happens to us laymen when we tinker with something as complex as the Stock Market ! Just as I wouldn't want a butcher to operate on me I wouldn't want anyone but a seasoned Portfolio Manager to manage my 'Savings' for me.

P.S My cousin has been doing this for the better part of 10 years (he used to work for UBS on the WallStreet) and he made a decent amount of fortune by having a healthy mix of sovereign bonds, forex, commodities, shares of blue-chip companies and some of the more risky investments !

It's not at all complex... Esp forex and commodity is very simple to trade. It just requires you to get a grip on your emotions and some discipline!:D

They are all the same, nothing is guaranteed. Nevertheless, if you have to invest, then do with small amounts not with all you have. People mortgaged all their assets to borrow money and invest in SM, but many of them lost most their money. Imagine that u have spent all your life saving money to buy a decent house and a car, and you lose everything in a momemt, even thinking of this creeps me out.

that is why i always say that marriage is a key to sexcess in forex market! ... vent out all your energy in the name of God and focus on the market with open mind, patience and by trading wisely. If you are willing to lose money that is the first step towards the success... if you cant close your trades in losses, you are most likely to loose all money in one bad trade

keep your mind fresh after the positive consequences of marriage and you are good to go.

Ps: if this was not a Pakistani forum i would have drawn a better picture of my advise but i am sure all of u understands very well! !! lol

It's not at all complex... Esp forex and commodity is very simple to trade. It just requires you to get a grip on your emotions and some discipline!:D

I wouldn't know about that right now because most of my exposure to the Forex involves 'Foreign Exchange Risk Management' from a companies perspective and involve 'Hedging', 'Options, 'Swaps' or 'Forward Contracts'; maybe when I'd go for CFA I'd learn more about the investment side of this !

I wouldn't know about that right now because most of my exposure to the Forex involves 'Foreign Exchange Risk Management' from a companies perspective and involve 'Hedging', 'Options, 'Swaps' or 'Forward Contracts'; maybe when I'd go for CFA I'd learn more about the investment side of this !

Oh well, I was talking about the individual, private traders. Yes, Forex risk management is important for those businesses involved in import/export contracts. Hedging and all others are just mechanism to minimize risk for businesses...

School of Pipsology

^ A very good website for learning A-Z of forex. :)

Arab spring at Jordanian homes demanding freedom from fathers Oppression::guns:
6341118920114956.jpg

So Zakii, you are willing to marry, which is leading to having a baby, which means your going to be a FATHER!:fie:

Back
Top Bottom