What's new

What should be done to Increase Religious tolerance in Pakistan/ serious Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stopping foreign funding of religious institutes, free primary education to get rid of madrassas, seperation of state and religion and swift punishment of individuals stroking sectarian fires.

It is obvious. Religious tolerance must be inculcated as a civil right. That is, all citizens must have the freedom to practice whatever religion they wish without Government interference. If Islam cannot abide this, then Islam is wrong for human development and success, and, Islam is, therefore, a wrong turn of human history

How was Abu Bakr RA made Khalifa then hmm? You stated that he never wanted the job that doesn't change how he got it.

Bhai sahib

Read Shibli's book

It was well researched even considering it was written almost 100 years ago.

it also shows how ignorant today's Pakistanis are about the history they claim to know so much about

eliminate the taliban , increase education.
teach that in the quran it says there is no compulsion in religion and anything contradicting the quran has to be false for ex. death for apostates, letting others build their places of worship ect.
Quran and sun nah are both part off Islam mr and Quran even doesn't how to offer Salah and pay zakat it's sunnat and we need to educate about non Muslim rights in Islamic state

Quran and sun nah are both part off Islam mr and Quran even doesn't how to offer Salah and pay zakat it's sunnat and we need to educate about non Muslim rights in Islamic state

There was a reason Quran doesn't specify how to say prayers and how much to pay for zakat

These things wre supposed to be decisions based on time.

There was a reason Quran doesn't specify how to say prayers and how much to pay for zakat

No sir that is not based on time that is why hazrat Muhammad saw was sent to teach and tell people what Quran means and explain people and order them and give them and hazrat Muhammad saw have told everything how to offer Salah and pay zakat

I dont understand how a mosque in which we pray to the same GOD can be of different sects ....
My question goes to those strong on their "fiqh" Why divide the masjids when there is not much differences in the prayer and who we are praying to...I mean if we can stand shoulder to shoulder at Mekkah, Madinah with whatever sect then why not in our own homeland? This is just a simple question I have
los0486.png

Last edited:

Actually the Quran does specify these things, how do you think Quranists offer prayers?

Actually the Quran does specify these things, how do you think Quranists offer prayers?
They reject salah and most off them don't offer and don't often pay zakat

1. Make religion personal affairs and control & regulate Mullahs and hang them for non-sense fatwas & hate speeches.
2. Mosques should be for prayers and teaching Quran only - no sectarianism should be allowed there, any kind of sectarian rituals should be held at designated places not on roads or public places.
3. No religion, sect, ethnicity, language based political party should be allowed.
4. Scrap blaspheme law and introduce new laws to punish nuts who play with religious, sectarian & ethnic sentiments of people without any discrimination.
5. Make education mandatory and allocate resource for it.

I have made some suggestions to support this.

I think there should be a small body of Imams, who are respected among those who know religion, and they work in close liaison with another related government/public group that gives suggestions on solutions to a wide range of social problems including extremism, and sectarianism, and discusses with them how to implement those ideas among the Imams who preach in the mosques. This should not give a sense of controlling the religion which will be disliked by the most, but must make sure that major problems we face today could be solved. This body could also disqualify those Imams who promote any kind of hatred, from speaking in the mosques.

Really I remember on Eid-milad-unnabi, I drove across the city and I came across more than ten processions on the roads of Lahore where people were singing naa'ts. Such occasions must be used to highlight the message of our prophet which was to be as kind to people as you could ever be. And if we could make it a more organized ceremony that emphasizes our prophet's message to be kind, and respectful to others. And invite leaders of different national, and religious parties, and other prominent religious/other figures who are respected in their respective groups/communities to talk about ending extremism, sectarianism, and terrorism.

I really think that praising our prophet and our religion does not serve that purpose which is much better served by following his message that I earlier mentioned.

We, as Muslims do not understand, but I still remember the extreme shock and grief I had when I was reading the history of Singapore and I came to know that the day of birth of our Prophet, is remembered in their history for large ethnic clashes on that day. And this truly saddened me as my religion, according to my understanding, is about being kind to others and not about showing any kind of emotions of the category that 'I am better than you' or some other kind of bravado.

I remember walking along PECO Road, where it starts from Ferozpur road, and I noticed a Church and I just stopped at the gate, since I had not noticed that church before and I liked its architecture. Though I did not myself want to go inside to avoid any possibility of problem people there might have, they told me that they do not let many people go inside because of bad security environment in our country and other threats. I liked to offer them to accompany me to a mosque. Really, we allow non-Muslim foreign dignitaries into mosques with pride but might not let our own Pakistani Christians into the mosque easily.

Bhai sahib

Read Shibli's book

It was well researched even considering it was written almost 100 years ago.

it also shows how ignorant today's Pakistanis are about the history they claim to know so much about

I think you need to read Ibn Kathir's book which was written about 700 years after the death of Prophet Muhammad PBUH and with all due respect to Shibli would be more accurate in its account.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom