What's new

What identity pakistan should have?

Then why have you got a border with Nepal - which is more Hindoo then you, or Sri Lanka whose religions are part of 'Hindu civilization' as well as sharing those wonders called Tamils and or even Myanmar etc

Can you see how your argumant is falling apart like sandcastle on the windy North Sea? From what I see you guys frankly did zero forging. It was the Muslim Moghuls followed by British who did all the forging ..... !!!

Agree 50%.

The Muslims and Brits gave us the kick in our dhotis.

The last 50% we refuse to share credit for.

But you are right.

We worked with what the Brits had to give. Nothing more.

Anything beyond are Sanghi wetdreams.

Cheers, Doc

I don't understand why identity has been an issue for Pakistanis after all this time we have been Pakistanis. If British/French/etc. can go to Australia and have an Australian identity. If British/French/Germans can go to North America and have a Canadian/American identity...
...then why is this still an issue for us?

It is precisely this conflict that led to the creation of Bangladesh. It created an "us vs them" narrative, where "Bengalis" saw themselves at odds with "Punjabis" or "west Pakistanis"...and "west Pakistanis" looked down on "Bengalis". Had we all considered each other and ourselves "Pakistanis"...all as sons of the soil...it would've promoted more unity/brotherhood and an "us vs them" narrative would've been hard to come by. Even today a lot of idiots make their career in politics based on creating such divide for Muhajir/Punjabi/Sindhi/Baloch/etc...and ppl start following like blind sheep.

Yes we can be Punjabi/Pukhtoon/etc. and take pride in our heritage but WE ARE ALL PAKISTANIS. We don't need validation from anyone neither arabs nor indians nor anyone who tries to tell us who we are or where we come from. We took Pakistan for us so we can live free...and that's that.

But we do seek validation because both the state narrative and the political narratives keep at loggerheads with each other. Political narratives end up influencing people and so the state becomes weak as its narrative then loses any holding.

And they [British] gave us the legacy just like you guys. Had Britain not "Make british Raj" there would have been no India, Pakistan but lots of independant countries like the map of Europe.

And by the way Europe is far, far more racially, culturally integrated then India.

Ok I'm bored of this identity crisis in perpetuity discussion of Pakistan now.

As far as I'm concerned you guys are all Pakistanis if and when you come across the border.

I'm currently digesting the fact that we're probably coming to the end of our welcome on this second homeland of ours ....

Cheers, Doc

But we do seek validation because both the state narrative and the political narratives keep at loggerheads with each other. Political narratives end up influencing people and so the state becomes weak as its narrative then loses any holding.
If we still seek validation from others after more than 70 years of existence as Pakistanis then that's quite honestly very stupid.

Once you leave the ocean or have not seen one at all You seek and dwell upon ponds and puddles and call them your ocean. Who will unlock this sketch.

Oh really

I dont get this stuff man
Can you sir post#84 of this thread boht asan pahele hay sir

Once you leave the ocean or have not seen one at all You seek and dwell upon ponds and puddles and call them your ocean. Who will unlock this sketch.

Can you sir post#84 of this thread boht asan pahele hay sir

Its not a riddle sir

Back
Top Bottom