What's new

What identity pakistan should have?

In India every state has own language,,dance,food,clothes and looks that's gives us identity with shared history of state...

In India every state has own language,,dance,food,clothes and looks that's gives us identity with shared history of state...

In Pakistan every state has its own language, food, clothes, style and looks that gives us identity with a shared history of state that begun on 14th August 1947, ONE WHOLE DAY BEFORE INDIA

What queered the pitch for Pakistan (and the larger Muslim populace of undivided India) was that the British wrested control of India from the Hindus as the dominant resident military power of the time.

Not the Muslims.

The narrative followed from there.

Cheers, Doc

But with that you have political and racial and civilizational heterogeneity.

Not so for peninsular India (your blue zone).
True. So if we follow your line of reasoning and as a doctor you should be firmly embedded in logical thinking does it not follow that Dravidian India needs to split and make it owns country as it rightly qualifies your measure of "racial and civilizational heterogeneity"?

It's been racially, politically and civilizational homogeneous for 10,000 years.
No it has not. Unless making a claim makes it fact. You see dots. You make it 'homogenous" because you want to. It's absurd. That way I can make the same claim for Pakistan and push the timeline to 100,000 years !

How many layers of identity do we need I think the more layers we need more hollow and shallow we are because we don't have strong faith in and attachment to any of them. I maybe wrong though eg coward requires more armour around him even if its a burden and hinder his fighting ability. For me being a Muslim and a Pakistani is more than sufficient.

In Pakistan every state has its own language, food, clothes, style and looks that gives us identity with a shared history of state that begun on 14th August 1947, ONE WHOLE DAY BEFORE INDIA
Fantastic reply. These Gangoo's can't understand the simple concept that Pakistan is a federation on the Indus Valley of four provinces that were part of the British Raj prior to 1947. Insofar as Bharat is a union of states on the Ganga/Dravidia that were part of the British Raj prior to 1947.

True. So if we follow your line of reasoning and as a doctor you should be firmly embedded in logical thinking does it not follow that Dravidian India needs to split and make it owns country as it rightly qualifies your measure of "racial and civilizational heterogeneity"?

No it has not. Unless making a claim makes it fact. You see dots. You make it 'homogenous" because you want to. It's absurd. That way I can make the same claim for Pakistan and push the timeline to 100,000 years !

South India are definitely the most homogeneous part of India.

Many of them also think like you do. Some on PDF as well. @manlion

But we forged our identity on the basis of the Hindu civilization. Not erace or ethnicity or currently practiced faith or even native bloodlines (us, siddhis, Bohras, Jews).

Cheers, Doc

But we forged our identity on the basis of the Hindu civilization.
Then why have you got a border with Nepal - which is more Hindoo then you, or Sri Lanka whose religions are part of 'Hindu civilization' as well as sharing those wonders called Tamils and or even Myanmar etc

Can you see how your argumant is falling apart like sandcastle on the windy North Sea? From what I see you guys frankly did zero forging. It was the Muslim Moghuls followed by British who did all the forging ..... !!!

Considering the number of identity threads we have all going from the students of Sir Syed, to the progeny of Mohammed bin Qasim down to the first man who decided to sit by the Indus and fish, I think we should all identify as weapon systems now; I am a F-16. @Indus Pakistan
I don't understand why identity has been an issue for Pakistanis after all this time we have been Pakistanis. If British/French/etc. can go to Australia and have an Australian identity. If British/French/Germans can go to North America and have a Canadian/American identity...
...then why is this still an issue for us?

It is precisely this conflict that led to the creation of Bangladesh. It created an "us vs them" narrative, where "Bengalis" saw themselves at odds with "Punjabis" or "west Pakistanis"...and "west Pakistanis" looked down on "Bengalis". Had we all considered each other and ourselves "Pakistanis"...all as sons of the soil...it would've promoted more unity/brotherhood and an "us vs them" narrative would've been hard to come by. Even today a lot of idiots make their career in politics based on creating such divide for Muhajir/Punjabi/Sindhi/Baloch/etc...and ppl start following like blind sheep.

Yes we can be Punjabi/Pukhtoon/etc. and take pride in our heritage but WE ARE ALL PAKISTANIS. We don't need validation from anyone neither arabs nor indians nor anyone who tries to tell us who we are or where we come from. We took Pakistan for us so we can live free...and that's that.

South India are definitely the most homogeneous part of India.

Many of them also think like you do. Some on PDF as well. @manlion

But we forged our identity on the basis of the Hindu civilization. Not erace or ethnicity or currently practiced faith or even native bloodlines (us, siddhis, Bohras, Jews).

Cheers, Doc
and i thought only i make cringe posts, my thread is getting cringier

I don't understand why identity has been an issue for Pakistanis after all this time we have been Pakistanis. If British/French/etc. can go to Australia and have an Australian identity. If British/French/Germans can go to North America and have a Canadian/American identity...
...then why is this still an issue for us?

It is precisely this conflict that led to the creation of Bangladesh. It created an "us vs them" narrative, where "Bengalis" saw themselves at odds with "Punjabis" or "west Pakistanis"...and "west Pakistanis" looked down on "Bengalis". Had we all considered each other and ourselves "Pakistanis"...all as sons of the soil...it would've promoted more unity/brotherhood and an "us vs them" narrative would've been hard to come by. Even today a lot of idiots make their career in politics based on creating such divide for Muhajir/Punjabi/Sindhi/Baloch/etc...and ppl start following like blind sheep.

Yes we can be Punjabi/Pukhtoon/etc. and take pride in our heritage but WE ARE ALL PAKISTANIS. We don't need validation from anyone neither arabs nor indians nor anyone who tries to tell us who we are or where we come from. We took Pakistan for us so we can live free...and that's that.
i made a mistake and call it identity i should have call what modern image of pakistan in eye of foreigner should be?

Back
Top Bottom