What's new

What identity pakistan should have?

Yeah We Named One After Baba Ahmed Shah Abdali.He Was Born and Raised In Multan.He Crushed The Marathas Who Were Threatening Present Day Pakistan

And Come To Think Of It Ghazni Is Not Far From My Ancestral Home In Zhob;)
No he was from Afghanistan...

True but the defining one was Muslim brotherhood. Tell me how would you legitimize the Durand Line if you follow [concept below] as there is shared brotherhood of tribe and faith on both sides of the border. Would you have the immigration officers at Islamabad Airport accept entry to any passengers declaring themselves as a "pious Muslims"?

People just miss understand that quote. You have brothers right? Do they have a right to what is yours? Can they just take from your plate? Can they sleep in your bed? Can they just wear your shoes? Without permission of course not.

If there was concensus between both nations to remove durand line or to move it, then that would happen, but if there is not, the line exists and if someone doesn't like it, then consider it a brotherly dispute.

Brotherhood != fusion

Tell me Doc., can a Parsee fit into the concept of India? If he/she can why can't Persian legacy fit into Pakistan which is arguably more closer genetically, geographically, historically, culturally with Iran?

You are equating a alien group that refused to mix for 1300 years to national homogeneity premised on racial mixing on the twilight zone between tow distinct racial and theological and linguistic civilizations?

Huge stretch.

We mixed because we had to.

A huge chunk of Pakistan considers itself of different blood and culture and tongue.

They got cobbled together under Islam in the rush of the Brit departure.

Even so, a big chunk never agreed and kept and keep fighting the state.

The other big chunk is claimed by the warring Iranics next door who consider your state as squatters in their land. Refusing to have anything to do with daal eating Indica across the river you love.

Your only shared identity is Islam.

And half of you share that and blood with us, the other half share that and blood with Iran.

Best of luck.

Cheers, Doc

Very funny. Whatever idiocy you see on this thread will never match the delusion of you Ganga people. When a junglee Austro-Abo hybrid from Odisha dreams his past life as a warrior in Harappa or life on the Indus Valley. I mean wtf? That's almost as amusing as seeing junglee Black Groids in Niger dreaming they built the Pyramids and Cleopatra was African Princess. Egypt = Africa.
Now now,kaptan,,u r a think tanki,,,dont derail the thread.
continue wid this pakistan ka matlab kya thread,,,i kinda enjoy thm:D
@padamchen et al,,,,u guys r so impatient. Its about,,,what pakistanis like to think they are,,,which is exactly the most enjoyable part.

Last edited:
You are equating a alien group that refused to mix for 1300 years to national homogeneity premised on racial mixing on the twilight zone between tow distinct racial and theological and linguistic civilizations?

Huge stretch.

A huge chunk of Pakistan considers itself of different blood and culture and tongue.

The other big chunk is claimed by the warring Iranics next door who consider your state as squatters in their land. Refusing to have anything to do with daal eating Indica across the river you love.

And half of you share that and blood with us, the other half share that and blood with Iran.

Best of luck.

Cheers, Doc

Incorrect.

For a start, genetic mapping has shown a significant difference in the people of our region and Indians. Have a look for the topic on this forum, it has lots of evidence.

Secondly, when does ethnicity limit a nation? Look at the worlds most powerful nation. Made of the descendants of English, Irish, Italians, Spanish, Scots, Germans, Frenchmen, Dutch, Portugese.

For someone who spends a lot of time trying to sound intelligent...

@Indus Pakistan

To make your analogy work, put 400 million Parsis together with 600 million Hindus, under a third faith brought to both by invaders.

And then make them make a nation together.

Cheers, Doc

Then let in 100 million Sri Lankans.

And make Sinhalese the national language.

Cheers, Doc

They got "cobbled" and left "in rush of British departure" is equally valid to India as well. India as yopu know is more varied and has greater diversity of history/geography then Pakistan does.

And the British did not cobble the ethnic groups within Pakistan together. Geography and history did. Baloch and Sindhi blend into each other. Pakhtuns and Punjabi's blend into each other. And being 'cobble together ethnic groups is applicable to majority of nation states. Need I list the ethnic groups in your country, or Iran or Afghanistan or Nepal?

Trust me this argumant about Pakistan being a "cobbled together ethnic groups" is standard Indian position with regards to you guys. I detect a pattern with this. The saying "seeing speck in the other guys eye but ignoring the plank in your own" comes to mind.

India literally is a universe of peoples, languages and ethnic groups ...

Huge stretch.

Best of luck.

Cheers, Doc

most pakistani don't claim foreign ancestry and they know they share blood punjabi,gujrati and rajhastani and this is limit of indus valley civilization but i specifically mentioned 90% indian ganga land people who share no culture with indus ,
every country has same issues . india is also a artificial country with pan indianism keeping them together in reality almost every country have these conflicts but they rise above it and choose identity which suits them best.

They got "cobbled" and left "in rush of British departure" is equally valid to India as well. India as yopu know is more varied and has greater diversity of history/geography then Pakistan does.

And the British did not cobble the ethnic groups within Pakistan together. Geography and history did. Baloch and Sindhi blend into each other. Pakhtuns and Punjabi's blend into each other. And being 'cobble together ethnic groups is applicable to majority of nation states. Need I list the ethnic groups in your country, or Iran or Afghanistan or Nepal?

Trust me this argumant about Pakistan being a "cobbled together ethnic groups" is standard Indian position with regards to you guys. I detect a pattern with this. The saying "seeing speck in the other guys eye but ignoring the plank in your own" comes to mind.

I've answered this before, but shall repeat for the other viewers.

My argument is more civilizational and cultural than racial or ethnic where your merge line theory is definitely valid.

ALL of India is Hindu.

Half of Pakistan is Hindu.

The other half Zoroastrian.

Cheers, Doc

most pakistani don't claim foreign ancestry and they know they share blood punjabi,gujrati and rajhastani and this is limit of indus valley civilization but i specifically mentioned 90% indian ganga land people who share no culture with indus ,
every country has same issues . india is also a artificial country with pan indianism keeping them together in reality almost every country have these conflicts but they rise above it and choose identity which suits them best.

E
X
A
C
T
O

Pan

Indianness.

That is ALL any nation, including Pakistan, needs.

I'm just having fun with Indus here.

Cheers, Doc

Then let in 100 million Sri Lankans.

And make Sinhalese the national language.

Cheers, Doc
Sirjee aap plz chup ho jao aur inhe apni baat kehne do

Kaptan,,,u r right,,india is more diverse(n offourse bad,dirty,poor,poopy,gangoo n all)but u dont see us asking every month bharat ka matlab kya.:D
Neway get back to the thread topic,,,put forth ur thoughts reagrding the issue at hand

Back
Top Bottom