What's new

What do you think of cousin marriages ?

Its not sick and disgusting but their is definite co-relation between increased probability of defective child birth and continued inter-cousin marriages.

Yes, it is allowed but the concept of not allowing children marry outside is highly tribal (at least in our culture), which definitely is against the universal outlook of Islam.

The two most practising societies of this concept are Pakistanis and Afghans, two highly tribal and not necessarily model societies when it comes to practising Islam.
Not allowing to marry outside tribes is totally regressive local cultural pracitices and have nothing to do with islam. I know ppl from arain clan do this arainon say bahir shadi nahi karni , awans have this thing too , some of them dont follow that but soem do.

Mostly in pushtoon tribes from fata and some from south punjab have these practices where even men are not allowed to marry outside tribes where one cud get murdered for marrying outside the clan. ab yeh tau local ghalat practices hain , iski wajah say insan cousin marriages ko tau over all galiyan nahi day sakta. Now countrys law is weak and pathetic that it fails to provide security to those people who face threats from their fsmilies for having married outside tribes

I know a family... which has been banging cousins since kingdom come... i mean for real... for atleast 4 generations..
Till now they have dodged the bullet... I wonder for how long...

But according to them... they dont plan on doing it in future...

And they said that right after another of their "sons" cousin marriage...
so much fcking have probably evolved family dna into something immune to the cousin marriage syndrome

Marriage is just an outdated tradition. Don't marry at all. You don't need to marry to make babies. Although I wouldn't recommend you to do it with your cousin. But at the end of the day its your and your cousin's choice. IMO you can even do it with your mother of you're adult and both if you agree to it.

Its not sick and disgusting but their is definite co-relation between increased probability of defective child birth and continued inter-cousin marriages.

Yes, it is allowed but the concept of not allowing children marry outside is highly tribal (at least in our culture), which definitely is against the universal outlook of Islam.

The two most practising societies of this concept are Pakistanis and Afghans, two highly tribal and not necessarily model societies when it comes to practising Islam.
I have been discussed the opinions of expert and all this hype and exaggeration about abnormalities of cousin marriages. I am personally against cousin marriages not for medical or moral reason but because these marriages bring more disputes and unrest in families. We should not twist Islam as per our own likes or dislikes to make it fit with our liberal mindset or to make it compatible with changing morals and ethics of modern world

Caste system is more prevalent in Indian society but people dont go for cousin marriages over there because they consider it wrong practice based on their religious beliefs so i will say again cousin marriage has nothing to do with tribal. Hindu/Siks Punjabi dont go for cousin marriages while Muslim Punjabi consider these marriage as lawful and they boht may belong to same ethnic/race. There is no universal approach in Islam when it come to marriage/Nikkah. You have certain restriction i.e you cannot marry with Mushrik even if he/she belong to same tribe as you, you cannot marry to those relationship whom Islam describe as Mahram and cousins are not your Mahram so people have been given freedom or choice to decide what is best for them within certain limits. You are free to choose any partner for you within those limits set by Islam

We should know that people who were living in small villages did not had much choice but to find a suitable partner within their own community and we still have people who dont have much exposure of world around them and never been to other cities or villages and hardly met or know anyone else outside their small village or city . If we shut door of cousin marriages for them then where they will find the suitable partner for their boy or girl when pre-martial affairs or dating is also being discourage as immoral in society. We are just making things more complicated when parent already struggling to find a suitable partner for their daughters or sons.

Marriage is just an outdated tradition. Don't marry at all. You don't need to marry to make babies. Although I wouldn't recommend you to do it with your cousin. But at the end of the day its your and your cousin's choice. IMO you can even do it with your mother of you're adult and both if you agree to it.
Yes true for those who dont care about any religious or cultural beliefs and restrictions

I am living in Europe and i Know partners use each others for lust in teh name of Gfs/Bfs and then say good bye to each others but this show end as soon as they cross 35 because then they look for emotional connections, feeling of security and companionship to kill their loneliness and emptiness of soul so have fun until it last lol

TIL :)

this thread is mainly about babies.. not marriage.

So what do you think of it ? bad genes?, inbred? disease? lower iq? smaller height? Pakistan should they introduce law and testing.

I vaguely remember reading that iran has introduced a program where you can do a test to find out if you and partner are to have healthy baby or not. I forgotten the name of this program. Anyone that knows could you please help.

From my observation most cousin marriages have children with eczema and slow motor skills. They fall ill easily, and have weak immune system.
What about cases of deformities in children from marriages between biologically distant spouses?

Nothing wrong with marrying a cousin to be honest.

If you knew... :-)
A Tunisian-Libyan berber tribe of the name of Afri... who when came into contact with Carthage... that gave the name of today Continent...
So We are the true "Africans"...

That's just like how the entire Indian subcontinent got it's name from our region.. and now every freakin Tamil and Bangla and Naga want to claim our history.

Shameful lazy tradition , so prophet had married his cousin zainab u think prophet engaged in a shameful,lazy tradition?
And no there is no hadees that tells one to marry into distant tribes, its totally left upto ppl whether they marry close ones or distant ones.

On one hand we have prophet marrying his cousin on the other u are mentioning hadees about distant tribes.

Nothing is prohibited people here are making cousin marriages look like its a haram act. I dont know if there is a hadees that encourages one to marry cousins or among relatives but i do know neither hadess nor quran stops one from doing so nor they have conisdered them as any disliked acts.

There is rule, and there are exception.
most of the prophet's marriages are political marriages. except the first and the last one.
Irrespective, it takes simple science to understand what is a gene pool, and how gene pool is getting destroyed.

Are you a product of cousin marriage ?
Because it is starting to look very much like it.

There is rule, and there are exception.
The same argument can be turned right back at u and said that avoiding cousin marriages is not some rule
most of the prophet's marriages are political marriages. except the first and the last one.
Afaik in ur previous post u were boasting of some ahadees discouraging cousin marriages. Prophets political marriages hardly make any point here, even if he ever (though he did not) marry a cousin for political reasons that means cousin marriages are fine and anyone can enter such union.
If u cant back up stuff with religion then dont bring in in the first place.
Irrespective, it takes simple science to understand what is a gene pool, and how gene pool is getting destroyed.
Yes please provide statistics backing any such gene pool destruction
Are you a product of cousin marriage ?
Because it is starting to look very much like it

Had i been i would have mentioned right away in my first post, and whether i was born out of a cousin marriage or not, would have zero impact on my choice to defend something which is totally any individuals personal choice.

So no i am not a "product" of cousin marriage , also its a union of punjabi and kashmiri ethnic groups

But u do seem like a "product" of poor upbringing,

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom