What's new

Pakistan: Cousin marriages create high risk of genetic disorders

Correct me if I am wrong but none of Prophet (PBUH) wives were cousins?..

Zaynab bint Jahsh was Muhammad's cousin.

Muslims do not feel comfort until they drag religion into every matter including sports, politics.

When science declared family marriage brought genetic disorders, then people should refrain from marriage, even if couple are not cousins. Better stay away from family while marrying.

Apparently the best and most successful marriages happen when you marry someone who LOOKS LIKE they may be related to you but is in NO WAY related to you WHATSOEVER. They also tend to produce the best offspring too.

I remember a woman moaning how in her county a man doesn't marry until he owns his own house, unlike the husband she acyually married. In this part of the world, you are lucky if you own your own house at 60yrs.
The prices are going insane in the south of England . I brought my house in uk 22 years ago detached house 90 000 pounds with a 15 years mortgage.Now house next door sold for 390 000 how are kids meant to get on housing market 10 percent down payment means you need 39 000 its going to be real hard now

Zaynab bint Jahsh was Muhammad's cousin.

Muslims do not feel comfort until they drag religion into every matter including sports, politics.

When science declared family marriage brought genetic disorders, then people should refrain from marriage, even if couple are not cousins. Better stay away from family while marrying.

Any student of genetics would know the problem is repeated cousin marriages
Even if no cousin marriage happen but u repeatedly marry closley into your extended family wihout new gentic pool(like we see in some islands or jews groups) you will have problems

Islam encourages marriages out of family ..imam ghazli wrote about this alot in his books

In Indian punjab, we don't marry in our village mothers village or if the surname the same . I remember when young two people from my village wanted to marry they had to move away they could have been badly beaten or even killed

in the old days the population was small and spread out so close marriages made sense. but today we have a choice.

for odd reason in my family those with kid defects were married outside although a few close cousin.

Any student of genetics would know the problem is repeated cousin marriages
Even if no cousin marriage happen but u repeatedly marry closley into your extended family wihout new gentic pool(like we see in some islands or jews groups) you will have problems

Islam encourages marriages out of family ..imam ghazli wrote about this alot in his books
There is a strange belief that cousin marriages are 'more' islamic. Islam allows cousin marriages, it doesn't say that they are compulsory.

cousin marriages should be criminalized under incest laws IF we have any in pakistan , It can result in a disaster
In some US states it is illegal. Couples have to go out of the state to get married.

One of my older Turkish friends had two boys who both suffered from a blood disorder. He said it was caused by marrying his cousin. They had to go to hospital every month for a blood transfusion. One day the hospital made a mistake, and one of his children died.

There is a strange belief that cousin marriages are 'more' islamic. Islam allows cousin marriages, it doesn't say that they are compulsory.

In some US states it is illegal. Couples have to go out of the state to get married.

One of my older Turkish friends had two boys who both suffered from a blood disorder. He said it was caused by marrying his cousin. They had to go to hospital every month for a blood transfusion. One day the hospital made a mistake, and one of his children died.
Cousin marriages are less islamic per most scholars not more!

Its discouraged but allowed

Cousin marriages are less islamic per most scholars not more!

Its discouraged but allowed
I believe cousin marriages are permissible in Islam.

But nobody is asking to marry your cousins generation after generation.

And Allah knows best.

Jews marry first cousins but no one accuses them for being retards. Einstein and Darwin married their first cousins. Marrying first cousins is not a problem as long as it is not made a tradition. I know couples including my paternal grandfather and grandmother who are first cousins, no genetic problems.

I wish you knew! Not just retardation but a host of so many genetic disorders they have their own hospitals in NYC.
In fact this is why they're always mentioned in organ theft in Palestine, Syria, Haiti or anywhere mass death happens - they need fresh human genetic material.

In Indian punjab, we don't marry in our village mothers village or if the surname the same . I remember when young two people from my village wanted to marry they had to move away they could have been badly beaten or even killed
Seriously, that's crazy I can't wrap my head around it 😧 ,
it's opposite here it's only recently (3-4 decades) that marrying outside clans/surnames became normalized

I don't know why that thinking took hold- you can say Islam but it's not required for you to do so and you usually pick up habits from your neighbors

It was more a ploy to keep jaagir/land with in ones family
That's why extreme focus on marriages within family, clan

With more urbanization that need is going away

Seriously, that's crazy I can't wrap my head around it 😧 ,
it's opposite here it's only recently (3-4 decades) that marrying outside clans/surnames became normalized

I don't know why that thinking took hold- you can say Islam but it's not required for you to do so and you usually pick up habits from your neighbors

It was more a ploy to keep jaagir/land with in ones family
That's why extreme focus on marriages within family, clan

With more urbanization that need is going away
Im part of the jatt clan so we have land also but its just always gone from fathers to sons it is either peaceful or they kill each other or do kabja .

Marrying amongst cousins has dangers but if it is going to happen have the tests done so a bad gene amongst family members is not passed down. I have a lot of Pakistani friends here Punjabis some married cousins no problems with kids but more married outside the family so it is changing.

I will say this 2 of my kids were born in the UK and on the form we filled out there was a question if me and my wife shared a grandparent before first scan .

The prices are going insane in the south of England . I brought my house in uk 22 years ago detached house 90 000 pounds with a 15 years mortgage.Now house next door sold for 390 000 how are kids meant to get on housing market 10 percent down payment means you need 39 000 its going to be real hard now

Thats still not bad, in Toronto/GTA you are looking close to $2M CDN. I use to own a house in Ilford Essex by UK standards it was quite expensive.

Back
Top Bottom