What's new

What do you think of cousin marriages ?

looks like this thead has got genetic defect and will die premature death... just like its cousin did earlier... :(
see you guys in next thread...

1. Where is it Written in Quran.
2. So you will call someone sister and secretly wish to bone 'em hiding behind them books tho ?
Here

Surat al-nisaa', 4:23 (interpretation of the meaning):

Prohibited to you (for marriage) are: your mothers, daughters, sisters; father's sisters, mother's sisters; brother's daughters, sister's daughters; foster-mothers (who breast-fed you), foster-sisters (who breast-fed from the same woman as you); your wives' mothers; your step-daughters under your guardianship, born of your wives with whom you have consummated marriage, no prohibition if ye have not consummated; (those who have been) wives of your sons proceeding from your loins; and two sisters in wedlock at one and the same time, except for what is past; for Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

You need to look for dictionary

Sister : a girl or woman who has the same parents as another person

looks like this thead has got genetic defect and will die premature death... just like its cousin did earlier... :(

Thats what they said about birth of Pakistan, we still here. Even Donald was born here.

Donald-Trump-Pakistan.png

Here

Surat al-nisaa', 4:23 (interpretation of the meaning):

Prohibited to you (for marriage) are: your mothers, daughters, sisters; father's sisters, mother's sisters; brother's daughters, sister's daughters; foster-mothers (who breast-fed you), foster-sisters (who breast-fed from the same woman as you); your wives' mothers; your step-daughters under your guardianship, born of your wives with whom you have consummated marriage, no prohibition if ye have not consummated; (those who have been) wives of your sons proceeding from your loins; and two sisters in wedlock at one and the same time, except for what is past; for Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

You need to look for dictionary

Sister : a girl or woman who has the same parents as another person

Just because you define sister as something else, that does not mean everybody does. Its your cultural practice and it has nothing to do with your religion.

Thats what they said about birth of Pakistan, we still here. Even Donald was born here.

Donald-Trump-Pakistan.png

You fells need to chill. Unleashing trump on the world and shyt :D.

yeah wait till they get up to 20s and 30s. i stopped sugar no more earaches, no more pains in my bones, no more muscle pains, no more toothaches. Do they eat that every day? Pakistanis eat this crap everyday. Some are exception like my younger bro he can drink ton of fizzy pop and eat crap food no fat no illness.
The issues are first inbreeding but of course are compounded by diet and lifestyle. I avoid red meat and reserve it as "treat". My diet is dominated by chicken though - grilled, karai, sliced/steamed. I avoid rice as it gives you a sugar rush but love wholemeal nans. My fav., is wholemeal nan, grilled chicken and lots of salads. This forms centre of my meals. I do 2.4 miles walk/jog everyday come rain, sun or snow. This increases to 5 miles on Saturday. Probably do about 16 miles a week. I call that good at my age 54 but I know some English older then me who do far more than that. Most Pakistanis over 40 shy from physical exercise like it's a sin.

It could also be the food contribution to bad health. I changed my diet try to stick with vegetarian but it is hard. no sugar, no white salt, all drinks stopped including milk just water or oranges lemons i squash myself. I have sip of apple cider vinegar in morning.

Well yes food included.

Certainly cutting down on red meat is a good idea. Poultry is fine. Thumbs up to you on the salt...that's my #1 nitpick on labels that causes me to put it back on the shelf (well corn syrup too). Apple cider is soooo underrated. Great stuff.

Just because you define sister as something else, that does not mean everybody does. Its your cultural practice and it has nothing to do with your religion.
Stop teaching me my religion :D I know very well what i am talking about and no Muslim can dispute this fact that cousin marriage is allowed in Islam and cousin marriages are not illegal in Islam no matter even if they personally prefer to marry non relative as was in my case. I did not married within family as reason mentioned in very first post but i will not call cousin marriage as disgusting or creep . You are judging others based on your own personal morals or ethics

Stop teaching me my religion :D I know very well what i am talking about and no Muslim can dispute this fact that cousin marriage is allowed in Islam and cousin marriages are not illegal in Islam no matter even if they personally prefer to marry non relative as was in my case. I did not married within family as reason mentioned in very first post but i will not call cousin marriage as disgusting or creep . You are judging others based on your own personal morals or ethics

You need Islam do teach you common sense ? Even Necrophilia is not prohibited in Islam. Will you partake in that ?

Is there any studies/concerns in Turkey about the genetic health of Turks in regions with high consanguineous marriages?

According to this study from 1994, fertility is high among these couples but "post-neonatal, infant and under-5 mortalities are high in first cousin unions by comparison with non-consanguineous marriages".

The overall rate of consanguineous marriages in Turkey is between 20 and 23 percent.

In India, the Muslim rate of cousin marriage is 22%, with the rate nearly doubling to 40% in Jammu and Kashmir. Pakistan, noted earlier, is the world leader in consanguinity with around 70%; Saudi Arabia is 50+%; Iran and Afghanistan are 30-40%, Iraq 33%, Egypt and Turkey 20+%, and Qatar 54%.
-> https://ieet.org/index.php/IEET2/more/pellissier20120526

"In the latest demographic survey (TDHS-2003), a nationally representative sample of 8075 ever-married women, consanguineous marriages accounted for 22% of the total, which is equivalent to a mean coefficient of inbreeding (alpha) of 0.011. There are changing secular profiles in the rates of consanguinity in general and of the specific sub-types of cousin marriages in particular in Turkey. The prevalence of first cousin marriages among all consanguineous marriages presents a steady decline from one marriage cohort to the next. The changes observed over time may be attributable to several factors such as the increase in educational level of women, the nuclearization of the family system, the mobility from rural to urban settings, a better socioeconomic status of families, an increase in women's labour force participation in formal sectors, lower fertility rates resulting in a smaller number of cousins available for marriage, and an increased awareness of the effects of consanguineous unions on child health in cases where there is an inherited recessive disease in the family."
Source: KOC, I. (2008). PREVALENCE AND SOCIODEMOGRAPHIC CORRELATES OF CONSANGUINEOUS MARRIAGES IN TURKEY. Journal of Biosocial Science, 40(1), 137-148. doi:10.1017/S002193200700226X

In general, such marriages are becoming less acceptable in the society. Like I said before, there is a huge gap between Turkish and non-Turkish inhabited regions within Turkey. Ethnic Kurds still tend to marry relatives.

However, it is frequently reported in the Turkish media that regions with high figures of consanguineous unions show higher numbers of disabled persons or persons with genetic diseases.

Even Muslim physicians in Eastern Anatolia (Province of Van) are warning people not to marry within the family: "Consanguineous marriages lead to genetic diseases"
http://www.milliyet.com.tr/akraba-evlilikleri-genetik-hastaliklarin-van-yerelhaber-1999120/

Especially in Eastern Anatolia, there is a high number of people with Familial Mediterranean fever due to cousin marriages.

In Bingöl, another Eastern province, 99 infants died last year. 42 of them died due to genetic disorders (metabolic problems etc.) caused by cousin marriages.

The good news is that the figures for 2017 are better, according to the same news article:
http://www.hurriyet.com.tr/halk-sagligi-muduru-bingolde-bebek-olumlerini-40489984

Btw, you have to obtain a health certificate in Turkey in order to get married legally. You get tested for all kinds of STDs, Thalassemias, Rh disease etc. One of the reason why HIV is barely spread in Turkey. Virginity tests are strictly forbidden in Turkey.

Dickhead is talking about common sense lol

See your inferior reasoning capabilities have already started showing. Consult your GP and ask where in the spectrum are you.

OH MY GOD, someone has called me bhangi and posted a couple of links. How will I live with myself.

The issues are first inbreeding but of course are compounded by diet and lifestyle. I avoid red meat and reserve it as "treat". My diet is dominated by chicken though - grilled, karai, sliced/steamed. I avoid rice as it gives you a sugar rush but love wholemeal nans. My fav., is wholemeal nan, grilled chicken and lots of salads. This forms centre of my meals. I do 2.4 miles walk/jog everyday come rain, sun or snow. This increases to 5 miles on Saturday. Probably do about 16 miles a week. I call that good at my age 54 but I know some English older then me who do far more than that. Most Pakistanis over 40 shy from physical exercise like it's a sin.

Wholemeal nan like those that come in packet I have those now and again.

similar to this.

DSCF3891.jpg

Well in my town the attitude has changed most of them, signed up for gym and steam etc. With Facebook, twitter, snapchat, Instagram etc has influenced Pakistanis to do more about their health. Plus too many have died this year too.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom