What's new

What do you have to say about PDF?

1) I like that there are a lot of knowledgeable and like minded members here who share the same interests as me. I actually visit here for my Pak related news updates too; and it has really helped me expand my knowledge and understanding of many defence and Pakistan related issues.

2) I hate the pro PTI bias here! It's less now than it used to be, but still very visible. I similarly hate some of the extremist and racist views shared here whether its anti urdu speaking or anti punjabi or anti Shia or Sunnis or pro extremists etc.

3) more moderators, and moderation without bias (see point 2). Also, invite people from the armed forces (PR dept) and more experts on board if possible - which will be amazing.

Agreed, bro. Love your username btw!

We'll make sure that 2 doesn't happen here and, yes, 3 as well. Btw I'm former military. There are many members here from the forces from all over the world but they're a not active anymore. We have a plan to invite people and make PDF a platform for what you're referring to.

Happy foruming :)
1) I like that there are a lot of knowledgeable and like minded members here who share the same interests as me. I actually visit here for my Pak related news updates too; and it has really helped me expand my knowledge and understanding of many defence and Pakistan related issues.

2) I hate the pro PTI bias here! It's less now than it used to be, but still very visible. I similarly hate some of the extremist and racist views shared here whether its anti urdu speaking or anti punjabi or anti Shia or Sunnis or pro extremists etc.

3) more moderators, and moderation without bias (see point 2). Also, invite people from the armed forces (PR dept) and more experts on board if possible - which will be amazing.

To all members!

For fun as well as communication. Comment about the current state of the forum.

Q1. What do you like about PDF?

Q.2. What don't you like about PDF?

Q. 3. What would you like to see changed?

Not for trolling but do have fun.
Ans 1)A site where we can seek knowledge about Pakistan especially related to Defense from knowlegeable members
Ans 2) Moderation. Some members are privileged.
Ans 3) Same critera of moderation for all members irrespective of their knowledge and experience in PDF. Also strict action against those which create ethnic differences among Pakistanis

Nahi, yar, mods aren't usually political
What? Really :lol:

I used to have alot of knowledge about weapons and other stuff related to military but since I joined PDF I started to know more about Pakistani and international politics and less about military stuff. It should change. There are some members who post good info about weapon systems but majority are here to troll and throw sh*t at each other including myself.

Awesome to see you here, brother :)

I don't personally think there is a biasness but we're going to make some changes, if there are they'd be sorted out and we strive to be fair we'd increase that. Zero tolerance for people trying to use this for creating divisions and hatred. I agree everything should be fair as for that we'd hopefully increase transparency because a lot of times people also don't want to admit that they're wrong, don't you think?

Ans 1)A site where we can seek knowledge about Pakistan especially related to Defense from knowlegeable members
Ans 2) Moderation. Some members are privileged.
Ans 3) Same critera of moderation for all members irrespective of their knowledge and experience in PDF. Also strict action against those which create ethnic differences among Pakistanis

What? Really :lol:

Bro, if you know such systems then why don't you share ? I'm sure people would love to see your knowledge and learn from you. I know I would.
Yes, we'd shift focus on our technical side as well. Recent events have just made politics unavoidable so it's just that that's being reflected.
I used to have alot of knowledge about weapons and other stuff related to military but since I joined PDF I started to know more about Pakistani and international politics and less about military stuff. It should change. There are some members who post good info about weapon systems but majority are here to troll and throw sh*t at each other including myself.

I don't personally think there is a biasness but we're going to make some changes, if there are they'd be sorted out and we strive to be fair we'd increase that. Zero tolerance for people trying to use this for creating divisions and hatred. I agree everything should be fair as for that we'd hopefully increase transparency because a lot of times people also don't want to admit that they're wrong, don't you think?

Bro, if you know such systems then why don't you share ? I'm sure people would love to see your knowledge and learn from you. I know I would.
Yes, we'd shift focus on our technical side as well. Recent events have just made politics unavoidable so it's just that that's being reflected.
Hmm. And plz treat words like Patwari and Youthiya on the same scale

If you could make a technical learning section then it would be better. As detailed workings of cruise missile, ballistic missiles, Sam's, explosives should be known by everyone.

I have around 200 banned books(bomb making,poisons making, guerilla warfare including the blueprints of different assault rifles and handguns) which I downloaded back in 2003 when there were not many restrictions on the internet. I would love to share it with members here.

Bahijan, I'll forward your suggestion about a learning section. I think something could be done but I'd advise against sharing banned books, you've no idea who could use them.
If you could make a technical learning section then it would be better. As detailed workings of cruise missile, ballistic missiles, Sam's, explosives should be known by everyone.

I have around 200 banned books(bomb making,poisons making, guerilla warfare including the blueprints of different assault rifles and handguns) which I downloaded back in 2003 when there were not many restrictions on the internet. I would love to share it with members here.

To all members!

For fun as well as communication. Comment about the current state of the forum.

Military news, politics, world affairs, different people with different POV, There are many good members, learnt about military, Strategies, Information & many things.
Nothing

Q. 3. What would you like to see changed
Right now, it seems perfect. I'll tell whenever i get any idea.
Can't take away credit from Mods. They are doing best . One of the reason forum is alive even after 15 years.

Thank you, brother :) Nice to see someone is just happy being here like me :)
Military news, politics, world affairs, different people with different POV, There are many good members, learnt about military, Strategies, Information & many things.

Nothing

Right now, it seems perfect. I'll tell whenever i get any idea.
Can't take away credit from Mods. They are doing best . One of the reason forum is alive even after 15 years.

Imran bahi, long time! I hope you're well. I wasn't expecting that you'd come here :) it's nice to see you, I hope you remember me. I was shocked to see some of your responses I used to look up to you and @MastanKhan :( I hope ap thora hath hola rakh lien gaye, just my request but it's still great to see you!

-------------------------------
@Mr Robot
Hey, you know you remind me of myself when I first came here. It was awesome to meet you here!

Precisely why I joined too. I was promoted for these back then and was just overwhelmed that my thoughts were welcomed here, you may like to check 'em out:

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/test...on-taliban-do-they-need-foreign-money.277372/

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/why-power-corrupts.296512/

Have some changes planned for this aspect.

This is right now priority number one. I'm hopeful that the changes we've discussed would be in effect from within this week and the focus is on this issue as well.
sab mast chal raha hai dost . nhi hum nhi bhooly ap hi rasta bhool gay thy idher ka

maza a raha hai
757166b1-9895-458d-ae41-520935d71a8a-2b979b35-0e86-4ff3-8d0f-a1df03f94c7d_compressed_40.jpg

I like the fact It's a diverse forum, that not only caters for military related stuff, but political and social issues, which has great importance to me since I don't read or watch the news like I used to due to the clear bias and the annoying click baity headlines... Instead many members post news on this forum where it gets broken down and analyzed and I like reading many different perspectives it tends to be quite interesting and I learn new things likewise on the military aspects such as the JF-17 program. I've actually have been following many threads for more than decade, though it wasn't my intention of joining until last year when the Kashmirs genocide went full swing and I just had to voice my concerns.

Indian trolling, there are repeat offenders with the likes of @Zapper who keep posting rubbish (threads) which not only promotes their propaganda it also drown outs any relevant news. I feel and I think many would agree that the people who commit such abuse should have their thread posting privileges revoked or heavily limited.

Q. 3. What would you like to see changed?
Same as the above to rein in on people who abuse their thread posting privileges.

Last edited:
Agreed, bro. Love your username btw!

We'll make sure that 2 doesn't happen here and, yes, 3 as well. Btw I'm former military. There are many members here from the forces from all over the world but they're a not active anymore. We have a plan to invite people and make PDF a platform for what you're referring to.

Happy foruming :)

Nice, what branch of the military and Pak Force?

You should then invite more of your colleagues, PDF should be their 1st destination to instill nationalism and getting rid of the "minimum" mindset. :p:

Back
Top Bottom