What's new

What do we love about Pakistan and India?

And are there any Buddhists left in Pakistan? I know there is a small Sikh and Hindu community but what about Buddhists?

There are a few Buddhists, but much more Parsis (Zoroastrians) left as far as I remember. There are about 40,000 Pakistani Sikhs I believe, & about 4 million Christians & 4 million Hindus.

About Pakistan, I love the Northern parts of Punjab Province of Pakistan the most, particularly Islamabad and Murree.

1270712671_86635495_2-5-MARLA-Plot-on-Lehtrar-Road-Islamabad--for-QUICK-SALE-Islamabad-1270712671.jpg

m2-motorway-connecting-islamabad-and-lahore-pakistan.png

murree.png

3369027128_9446cc534c.jpg

Murree.jpg

rawal-lake.png

150922306_1267eec6c8.jpg

rawal_lake.jpg

As for India, I dont like anything about India. I am not very fond of polluted and over-crowded places.

The 'Mecca' for Sikhism and Buddhism.

That's in eastern India, all the important places like where Buddha attended enlightened is there. And the second most important figure in Buddhism(Ashoka the Great) was born there..

That's in eastern India, all the important places like where Buddha attended enlightened is there. And the second most important figure in Buddhism(Ashoka the Great) was born there..

The answer to your post is in Post #131

About Pakistan, I love the Northern parts of Punjab Province of Pakistan the most, particularly Islamabad and Murree.

As for India, I dont like anything about India. I am not very fond of polluted and over-crowded places.

That's the thing about India. I love Urdu poetry from Lucknow, I love listening to Mushairas & Shair o Shairee. I love the Muslim culture/history found in North India. But it just saddens me that the cradle of Muslim civilization & grandeur 'UP' has become an ultimate Muslim ghetto, & the f*lth in Agra was heart wrenching considering the fact that the Taj Mahal is supposed to be one of the greatest symbols of love & purity in an artistic & historic sense. The Taj Mahal itself is in great danger of collapse. The Gurdwaras, Mandars, Churches and even Stupas are all in good shape in Pakistan.

The answer to your post is in Post #131

It still doesn't make it the 'Mecca'.. Buddha the most important figure in Buddhism wondered all over eastern India and later achieved enlightenment there, and Buddhism was born there. Important Buddhist empires like Mauryan empire and Palas was started there. Buddhism wouldn't even be there(Gandhara) if the Mauryans didn't spread it there.

Nepal, where Buddha was born, and eastern India where Siddhattha developed into the 'Buddha'.(awakened one/achieved enlightenment)

The Taj Mahal itself is in great danger of collapse

I don't think so..

It still doesn't make it the 'Mecca'.. Buddha the most important figure in Buddhism wondered all over eastern India and later achieved enlightenment there, and Buddhism was born there. Important Buddhist empires like Mauryan empire and Palas was started there. Buddhism wouldn't even be there(Gandhara) if the Mauryans didn't spread it there.

Nepal, where Buddha was born, and eastern India where Siddhattha developed into the 'Buddha'.(awakened one/achieved enlightenment)

I don't think so..

Taj Mahal in danger of collapsing:

Taj Mahal in danger again, this time from garbage dump

BBC NEWS | South Asia | Experts probe 'tilting' Taj Mahal

YAWN..... That 358 year old thing is looking sexier then ever.

57211-russias-president-medvedev-visits-the-historic-taj-mahal-in-.jpg

2011 pic..

That's good. It's even more breathtaking than what's seen in pictures, I felt that when I was there in 2005. However, I cannot forget the extreme f*lth right next to it, even by India's standards (no offense). I thought it was disgraceful that a symbol of love & purity had so much 'impurity' & f*lth everywhere around it. I even liked the little mosque right next to it, I found it very interesting as well.

However, I cannot forget the extreme f*lth right next to it, even by India's standards (no offense).

Dude, I know.. Its not an offense, in general eastern Indian states like Bihar, UP, etc, etc, etc are pretty messed up. Sad because it was the center for empires like Mauryans, Guptas, Mughals, Palas, etc, etc which are culturally/historically important to India and the subcontinent. How ever they are clocking 9%+ growth, I am sure they will be ok in 20 some years.

What I love about Pakistan is the multi ethnicity and variety of languages.

But the thing I love the most about Pakistan is Karachi :p
karachi_at_night.jpeg

Also other places like Islamabad
5416508594_2c7e291a12_b.jpg

Makran Coastal Highway
Makran+Coastal+Highway.jpg

All the motorways
Pakistan+Motorway+M2.jpg

And the Northern areas like Skardu
1341602-Travel_Picture-Shangrilla_Resort_near_Skardu_Pakistan.jpg

The world's oldest university Takshashila is in current day Pakistan, formed in 700BC. It's pathetic how Indians include Takshashila in 'incredible India', along with the Indus Valley Civilization. Despicable.

I love Pakistanis for their eternal optimism, their generous hearts, their ultimate hospitality, their firm determination. I love the fact that they developed Pakistan from an 'Afghanistan-like state'/Stone Age in 1947 to one of the most important nations of the world. Despite having 1/7th of India's population, and about 1/5th of India's land; it still is able to hold its own against hostile neighbors.

Some achievements of Pakistan:

1) 27th largest economy in the world in terms of GDP (PPP)
2) 2nd Largest Dam, and the world's largest earth filled dam (Tarbela Dam)
3) 6th Largest Army
4) 1st Muslim and 7th Nuclear Power of World
5) One of the best irrigation systems in the world.
6) Strongest Muslim army
7) World’s highest Polo ground at Shandur, Northern Pakistan.
8) Karakoram Highway : 8th Wonder of the World.
9) World’s Largest Deep Sea Port : Gwader.
10) Pakistan: World’s 9th Largest English Speaking Country.
11) Pakistan: World 7th largest Pool of Scientists and Engineers.
12) World’s youngest certified Microsoft Experts Arfa Kareem and Babar Iqbal.
13) Pakistan: World’s largest CNG Operator.
14) Pakistan: Only Muslim country after Turkey to open Combat Jobs for women.
15) Pakistan: Highest Tele Density in South Asia.
16) Pakistan: Largest WiiMax Network in the World, over 30 million internet users.
17) World’s largest run ambulance network by Edhi.
18) The 'Mecca' for Sikhism and Buddhism.

Pakistan also has the worlds largest Punjabi Army. Don't forget to add that to your list.

Also Pakistan houses the largest number of refugees in the world over a million.

Pakistan also has the worlds largest Punjabi Army. Don't forget to add that to your list.

Also Pakistan houses the largest number of refugees in the world over a million.

There are about 4 million Afghan refugees in Pakistan as of now.

Back
Top Bottom