What's new

What Can Trigger an Indo-Pak War? Will it remain LimitedWar?

Dear and honorable Sir,

This is a representation from an Old Fool to the Old School; please do not be unkind to the aged and infirm of mind, but read it through.

Nobody, for one moment, doubts Pakistan's outstanding abilities to start wars.

That was never in doubt, not for one moment. The whole world has stood transfixed with admiration as Pakistan has started wars five times, four times against the scared banias next door, cowering in their pee-drenched dhotis, once against the might of the Soviet Empire. It stood wondering and spell-bound, as it won a famous victory.

But that was never the point.

The point was to finish what had been started. The point was to finish wars.

When you do learn that, you will be the Switzerland of the east, in military terms. People will think once, twice, twenty times before trying your valour. Your soldiers will win renown abroad, wherever they fight.

Until then, Finland, Albania, Greece - all were gallant nations, all fought readily against daunting odds, all won the applause of the whole world for their panache and courage.

Sir,
If you may recall, I once stated elsewhere that it was not possible to win a decisive victory in any Pak-Indo war as far as a conventional war was concerned. Field Marshal Cariappa has not lived long enough to witness that day. He saw something what none of his successors ever noticed. You may call it ' Operation Cariappa' !! The unthinkable indeed.

General staffs always avoid 'slippery slopes' while formulating military plans. Hence, there is no need to mention a third country while discussing a Pak-Indo affairs unless there is a direct relevance.

This forum is not the right place to discuss how to win an actual war.

Sir,
If you may recall, I once stated elsewhere that it was not possible to win a decisive victory in any Pak-Indo war as far as a conventional war was concerned. Field Marshal Cariappa has not lived long enough to witness that day. He saw something what none of his successors ever noticed. You may call it ' Operation Cariappa' !! The unthinkable indeed.

General staffs always avoid 'slippery slopes' while formulating military plans. Hence, there is no need to mention a third country while discussing a Pak-Indo affairs unless there is a direct relevance.

This forum is not the right place to discuss how to win an actual war.

As you say, Sir.

I sit down, suitably chastened.

Dear and honorable Sir,

This is a representation from an Old Fool to the Old School; please do not be unkind to the aged and infirm of mind, but read it through.

Nobody, for one moment, doubts Pakistan's outstanding abilities to start wars.

That was never in doubt, not for one moment. The whole world has stood transfixed with admiration as Pakistan has started wars five times, four times against the scared banias next door, cowering in their pee-drenched dhotis, once against the might of the Soviet Empire. It stood wondering and spell-bound, as it won a famous victory.

But that was never the point.

The point was to finish what had been started. The point was to finish wars.

When you do learn that, you will be the Switzerland of the east, in military terms. People will think once, twice, twenty times before trying your valour. Your soldiers will win renown abroad, wherever they fight.

Until then, Finland, Albania, Greece - all were gallant nations, all fought readily against daunting odds, all won the applause of the whole world for their panache and courage.
Any evidence to support the claim that Pakistan started the wars 5 times. I recall only one small engagement started by Pakistan that was 1999 other than that I see all aggression from other side. Even against soviets Pakistan was on the defending end. Regarding Indo Pak wars I don't see Pakistan starting any thing.

give you credit for knowing how to pick them.

PS. even in your mock retreat there's a stench of sarcasm and condescension.

Just at the moment, I am a little picky about replying posts. Perhaps five years later, if I'm still alive (unlikely) or you are still so inclined (even more unlikely).

You've made me uncomfortable, like having it being pointed out to me that I'm not properly dressed. I keep checking my flies. Did that sound condescending? I do hope not.

Just at the moment, I am a little picky about replying posts. Perhaps five years later, if I'm still alive (unlikely) or you are still so inclined (even more unlikely).

You've made me uncomfortable, like having it being pointed out to me that I'm not properly dressed. I keep checking my flies. Did that sound condescending? I do hope not.
please carry on as you were. don't pay me no mind, even when I tried a few times to point out that a nathuram is masquerading here as the Mahatma, I was dismissed. everything is as it should be on a forum such as this.

@Joe Shearer

How many countries Pakistan have attacked around the world since its independence?

1. Pakistan's primary beef is with India and in relation to the fate of J&K [only]; British are responsible for this mess.

2. Pakistan is not responsible for Soviet invasion of Afghanistan. Soviet invasion of Afghanistan in 1979 [understandably] SPOOKED Pakistani establishment at the time because its attention was diverted from India in the process; when US offered its assistance in this matter, Pakistan saw an opportunity to protect itself from further harm.

Pakistan cannot afford its encirclement by India via Afghanistan ON TOP; therefore, Pakistan had to do something about Indian meddling in Afghanistan. Majority of Pakistani wish that Afghanistan find peace in its endeavors at large; therefore, Pakistan is doing its best to mediate talks between the Afghan Taliban and other stakeholders in the region.

You fail to look at regional developments from Pakistani standpoint to a limited extent even. Pakistan's primary concerns are its survival, prosperity, and resolution of ongoing dispute with India over the fate of Muslim-majority Kashmir at large. Recently elected PTI-led government reached out to Modi Sarkar to come to the negotiation table to address issue of J&K, to no avail. Modi Sarkar held Pakistan responsible for Palwama attack from a Kashmiri local, and responded with strikes on Pakistani territory on 26-02-19 instead. Modi Sarkar rather benefited from the brief Pakistan-India clash on 27-02-29 at the expense of the image of Indian armed forces. Shameful.

Why not reach out to the British to address the matter of J&K instead? They (WEST) benefit from conflict in other parts of the world unfortunately; I hope Indians realize this, and reconsider offer of PTI-led government for talks.

Last edited:
Just idle curiousity - have you been reading a lot of posts by - what's his name? Pakistan Defender?

You are terrifying and a magnificent figure in your new war paint; you do realise that I am terrified and unable to answer coherently? Please don't negative rate me, or thread ban me, or even perma-ban me.

Now that you've entered the thread, it's time to leave. Discretion always being the better part of valour.
At this moment I am no one. You will not see any use of my new war paint. You have my surety. so please help me with my query? :-)

Just idle curiousity - have you been reading a lot of posts by - what's his name? Pakistan Defender?

You are terrifying and a magnificent figure in your new war paint; you do realise that I am terrified and unable to answer coherently? Please don't negative rate me, or thread ban me, or even perma-ban me.

Now that you've entered the thread, it's time to leave. Discretion always being the better part of valour.
At this moment I am no one. You will not see any use of my new war paint. You have my surety. so please help me with my query? :-)
are you seriously saying that you cannot see him mocking you?

are you seriously saying that you cannot see him mocking you?
I can see that and he did that very elegantly so i have to counter his narrative with logic. That is why i started the discussion

Dear Mr. Moderator Sir, Look into my negative ratings, and you will understand why I avoid conversations with members empowered to lash out where I can't retaliate.

On another thread, @IceCold has misreported something, probably due to ignorance; do you think I will intervene? I will not, because he is being corroborated by someone whom I would trust just as far as I can throw the Taj Mahal.

If I sound bitter, it's because I have been through this game before. There are both you and @LeGenD in this conversation; how long before the passive member hangs me by the neck, if the reply to the active member seems to lack reverence and humility?

My sincere respects, but I am not interested in entrapment of this sort. Have fun; you've earned it.

PS: And please convey to the court jester in attendance that I shall be at his service on the 4th of May 2025.

Dear Mr. Moderator Sir, Look into my negative ratings, and you will understand why I avoid conversations with members empowered to lash out where I can't retaliate.

On another thread, @IceCold has misreported something, probably due to ignorance; do you think I will intervene? I will not, because he is being corroborated by someone whom I would trust just as far as I can throw the Taj Mahal.

If I sound bitter, it's because I have been through this game before. There are both you and @LeGenD in this conversation; how long before the passive member hangs me by the neck, if the reply to the active member seems to lack reverence and humility?

My sincere respects, but I am not interested in entrapment of this sort. Have fun; you've earned it.

PS: And please convey to the court jester in attendance that I shall be at his service on the 4th of May 2025.
You are not being entrapped, Sir.

My advice is to look at things from a broader perspective if you will. This is all.

Being an Indian and living under Modi Sarkar on top, I understand and respect your 'situation'. Cheers.

Sir I will not give you any negative rating. I am here to enjoy my time as a forum member you are denying me that right to get in discussions. Please treat me as you would have previously, I believe in freedom of expression.

Any evidence to support the claim that Pakistan started the wars 5 times. I recall only one small engagement started by Pakistan that was 1999 other than that I see all aggression from other side. Even against soviets Pakistan was on the defending end. Regarding Indo Pak wars I don't see Pakistan starting any thing.
Perhaps a former Pakistani Air Chief Asghar Khan can help you better than Indian members can.

Request you to ignore the video poster's alt texts. The message of Mr Khan in his own words is what is interesting.

Perhaps a former Pakistani Air Chief Asghar Khan can help you better than Indian members can.

Request you to ignore the video poster's alt texts. The message of Mr Khan in his own words is what is interesting.

Sir that is his personal opinion not an official word cause when the war started he was not on his post he had retired. That is not official knowledge. My question still remains from @Joe Shearer on evidence about starting the war. Wars always have documented event which lead to their start. So all 5 war mentioned should have events which point that Pakistan started them.

Back
Top Bottom