What's new

What can Pakistan learn from Bangladesh?

India is reaponsible for much of our security reasons. TTP was supported by R&AW. India also has hand in problems in Western border of Pakistan. We need to invest heavily in Military bcz of India.
Our problem with India is mainly Kashmir. If we give Kashmir to India then all problems maybe solved. That what I replied to that question.

He is an expert idiot. That's all i can say for this guy and for this post

Do we see any responsible minister of a developed G7 country such as Germany, Japan etc lectureing other countries over finance with such arrogance ? No. This low life colonial minded clerical minister from BD is acting like a nouveau Brahmin promoted from dalit class. Why is low life arrogant behavior ? Even if you are doing well, why do you have to be arrogants ? Modesty and humbleness make people great. Not otherwise.

So you guys would rather admit the Indian military whopped your *** in 16 days than the guerrilla warfare Pakistan army faced for 8 months prior?

Without the Indian Army, Bangladesh would not exist. Mukti Bahini etc were trained, equipped and guided by the Indian Army. If Indian Army had not supported you guys in every way possible, your country would not exist.

This isn't hard for me to accept. Reality is often disappointing. Hence why so many triggered people replying to me when I pointed out why it's silly to compare the circumstances these two nations find themselves in. Even then, I wish Bangladesh well.

Do we see any responsible minister of a developed G7 country such as Germany, Japan etc lectureing other countries over finance with such arrogance ? No. This low life colonial minded clerical minister from BD is acting like a nouveau Brahmin promoted from dalit class. Why is low life arrogant behavior ? Even if you are doing well, why do you have to be arrogants ? Modesty and humbleness make people great. Not otherwise.

I agree with this.

There is a distinct lack of sophistication coming from these ministers’ public statements.

One question though , why do BD cities look so bad? Where does all this 8 % growth goes to?I dont see any improvement in their cities. Our Cities are much better be it Lahore , Islamabad , Karachi. They donot have one decent City/Highway/Airport . Our Metro Train is going to be launched on 23rd March in Lahoee and they still planning Dhaka Metro since 20 years.

Our PPP per capita is still higher which is used to see the correct income levels.

One question though , why do BD cities look so bad? Where does all this 8 % growth goes to?I dont see any improvement in their cities. Our Cities are much better be it Lahore , Islamabad , Karachi. They donot have one decent City/Highway/Airport . Our Metro Train is going to be launched on 23rd March in Lahoee and they still planning Dhaka Metro since 20 years.

Our PPP per capita is still higher which is used to see the correct income levels.

One reason our city looks bad compare to Pakistan due to more people live on per square kilometer compare Pakistan .
metro is also coming to Bangladesh in Dhaka from 2021 in different rout , beside metro elevated express way is also underway , . metro is also proposed for Chittagong in future

Bangladesh has made wonder in leadership of Hasina. I wish progress of BD continue. BD has a potential to be a roll model of Muslim countries with Indonesia. I see Bengali culture behind it. BD has not tried to import middle east culture to ruin its own vibrant beautiful culture. I hope that BD continuous to get good leadership and progress.
Hasina is a cunt. Her only achievement put everyone in jail except her party goons.

this will only be achieved when there is 100% literacy ( plus awareness/education about these issues), I know in Pakistani villages where you see economic prosperity but due to lack of education people go to voodoo doctors and graves to solve their health issues, they may spend more money on it than simply going to a doctor.

That will need cultural shift as unlike Bengalis vast majority of Pakistan consider women little better then cattle. Hence why Pakistan HDI ranking is on constant decline. World have moved on from simple 2 roti per day and now human development is considered sum of health, education, gender equality etc

Honeslty I can see in near future Afghanistan leaving us behind in HDI, why? Because only afghani pashtuns are like us. Tajiks and hazaras are very different culturally and how they treat their women. So for Afghanistan its like 40% of population holding it back, in our case its over 90%.

I used to ask this question but look at their external debt and debt to GDP ratio and compare it with Pakistan. Bangladesh in 2030 will look very different.

Look at reality, BD $40b exports vs $25b for Pakistan. External debt $105b vs $33b for BD. Pakistan economy is borrowed from others. Only Pakistan remittances and imports have grown in last 10 years, not exports.

If Pakistan losses ability to payback debt then foreign lenders will reduce development funds and with it less GDP growth, like its happening right now under IMF. Meanwhile BD with just $33b external debt have great potential to borrow even more for huge infrastructure projects.

Which is why I believe in coming years BD external debt will increase exponentially, huge potential for infrastructure projects without worrying about going to IMF.

bangladesh-external-debt.png

Pakistan lost last decade because of war on terror, maybe we will learn and do better this decade.
Nicely explained.

Two main reasons:

1. Cumulative wealth of BD is lower than Pakistan as it has only recently surpassed Pakistan in per capita.
2. BD has by far the lowest debt to GDP ratio in subcontinent but is now borrowing heavily to build infrastructure.

The BD of 2030 will look very different.

Without the Indian Army, Bangladesh would not exist. Mukti Bahini etc were trained, equipped and guided by the Indian Army. If Indian Army had not supported you guys in every way possible, your country would not exist.

This isn't hard for me to accept. Reality is often disappointing. Hence why so many triggered people replying to me when I pointed out why it's silly to compare the circumstances these two nations find themselves in. Even then, I wish Bangladesh well.
True. Without their support with arms and safe havens. Muktis would not be able to organize and fight

Back
Top Bottom