What's new

Well Done Imran Khan.. Due to Dhrana China couldn't invest in Pakistan but will in india

Pakistan is worth more than $100B there are alot of Areas to invest in and get returns over medium/long term but under zardari-nawaz sharif regimes Pakistan should not be considered for big investments only if fair Govt when in place india, China and obviously Pakistan would tremendously benefit over long term.
dude, answered my question. Frankly speaking, I do want to see developing and peaceful Pakistan...
but under zardari-nawaz sharif regimes Pakistan should not be considered for big investments

and dare I ask what have you done with 138$ Million that we received during 2013-14? and before that??
my dear provide a stable platform, infrastructure, Security , Corruption free Bureaucracy and less paperwork, you do that first and Foreign Companies will not even be bothered with any Jalsa in the Capital ---- if Govt is not worried because of some "5000" anarchists then why should Chinese be worried about them? after all its 5000 anarchists Vs 40,000 Security Personnel

You think Investment is not coming because of the jalsa - once we are through with this all, how about you actually travel through the Fields in Interior sindh - heck try to drive on N-55 to Karachi -
and no its not about Traffic or road condition - it is about Dacoits, Protests, strikes - that has an effect on transportation - that ends up in late delivery of the goods

China President Xi's India visit: Beijing to make $100-billion investment commitment, but proposed visa pact put off

View attachment 56354

NEW DELHI: Chinese President Xi Jinping who arrives in India on his maiden visit on Wednesday with $100 billion investment commitments over five years across various sectors will be disappointed that the proposed visa liberalisation agreement is off the agenda. Beijing's intransigence of not following a 'one-India' policy by continuing with stapled visas for Arunachal Pradesh residents is the reason why India has put off signing the agreement.

The two sides had earlier decided to sign the visa agreement to ease travel for tourists, business travelers and professionals from either country during Xi's visit.

However, official sources pointed out that India decided to put off the proposed pact to send out a strong message. By refusing to enter into the visa pact till Beijing stops issuing stapled visas, India was asserting that Beijing's stand on Arunachal was unacceptable.

But this is not the first time that India has refused to sign the proposed visa pact. The Modi government is following the footsteps of the previous dispensation that had refused to sign the agreement during Manmohan Singh's last Beijing trip in October 2013. India was upset that the Chinese embassy in India issued stapled visas to two Arunachal Pradesh athletes days before Singh's visit.

China, however, had hoped that it could clinch the visa liberalisation agreement with a new government in Delhi that was willing to expand bilateral economic and investment links. The new visa pact would have enabled smooth travel of large number of Chinese professionals and entrepreneurs following the agreements to set up two industrial parks and announcements of $100 billion investments during Xi's trip.

The visiting President will offer the amount for setting up of industrial parks, modernisation of railways, highways, ports, power generation, distribution and transmission, automobiles, manufacturing, food processing and textile industries.

View attachment 56355

Modi will host a dinner for Xi on the Sabarmati riverfront in Ahmedabad on Wednesday afternoon. Thereafter the two leaders will travel to Delhi for dialogue on Thursday on all substantive issues of interest, including the protracted border issue, transgressions along the Line of Actual Control including recent ones, Tibet issue, Beijing's maritime silk route proposal, Bangladesh-China-India-Myanmar corridor, bilateral trade issues, terrorism, global financial issues and regional situation and pressing global issues.

Modi will receive Xi when he arrives at his hotel in Ahmedabad. Xi will be accompanied by his wife Peng Liyuan, two senior members of the Communist Party of China, the state councilor and ministers of foreign affairs and commerce, besides a huge business delegation.

The two leaders will witness inking of agreements and both will spend some time at the Sabarmati ashram. On Thursday, Xi will be received by President Pranab Mukherjee at Rashtrapati Bhavan.

Among others who would call on Xi would be Congress party president Sonia Gandhi and Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan.

Source: China President Xi's India visit: Beijing to make $100-billion investment commitment, but proposed visa pact put off - The Economic Times

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View attachment 56353

Seriously, when It was said they are going to invest 36 billion dollars, PTI were jumping around for their so called leader defense?

Edit: Keep in mind, 1 day of Chinese president visit was increase due to Absence in Pakistan

.7 million is his travel expence.
5 million is the money he uses to get his hair styled every morning.
Do you pay taxes?

Ofcourse we do.. But ur figures are not accurate. The news of trip to NY just came few minutes back

:omghaha:It more seems like a Indian defence forum ..lol
Our ruling party PMLN is Anti-army and anti-Pakistan. They are only concerned about sharif family and business . They always supported anti-Pakistani agenda that's why you are feeling that this is Indian defense forum. Who need enemy when we have political party like PPPP & PMLN. They always blames on others to hide their own incompetency, corruption,& Bank scandals. There is no single merit based appointment in government sector. Not a single example in 185 million country.

Last edited:
Idiot first tell that OP stop making stupid headline making it look as if those investment was originally meant for Pakistan but due to IK's antics were diverted to India. While its actually the foreign investors confidence in Modi which is resulting in such big investments pouring in. And no I don't consider Modi a god, I hate this cult worship thing.

That is your poor IQ that you can't understand the headline. Work hard instead of blaming the OP.

Iq of op is less than an ant he made it sound as if china is spending this money from something that china had earlier allocated for Pakistan.
China had plan these investments much before dharma's.

Ants will sue you for defamation now.

Oh come on, did you see how much loss Pakistan has made so far? 1 billion dollar investment went to Dubai from Pakistan, stock exchange fall, dollar grew, which means even loans.

If They can't come to a planned tour, what message it will go to other investments.

I have no disagreement in the loss caused due to this agitation, My point was limited to the accusation on the investment made in India, and my point was even if this agitation was not there this investment would have happened,

han bhie imran khan ne kaha tha k election mei rigging karo... qadari ne model town mei banday maraay. Today we are seeing dharanas because people dnt get justice

You think Investment is not coming because of the jalsa - once we are through with this all, how about you actually travel through the Fields in Interior sindh

I don't think, I have proofs of it

2.jpg

So, far security situation concern, it will improve. New Motorway will be build, and once that 39 billion investment comes Provincial Governments has to improve the security situation. And there is no question in it.

Ye investment to honi hi thi India mai. It has nothing to do with the protests & moreover, according to pmln China Pak mai $34 Billion ki investment (Loan) karha tha which is bakwas. Mou mai haadi nai gyee in ganjon ka rona shuru. Now Nawaz Sharif is heading to New York for one week & It will cost Rs.5.7 Million per day. Koi naya game plan karne jaa rha hai to stop IK & TUQ I think.
yeah right,
Read here Taking PMLN lies about Chinese investment & Presidential visit to the cleaners to find the truth, whether it was "Loan" as Imran Khan Lied, or something else. China isn't stupid to give 36 billion dollars and close their eyes..

I have no disagreement in the loss caused due to this agitation, My point was limited to the accusation on the investment made in India, and my point was even if this agitation was not there this investment would have happened,

My point was "investment made in india, and not in Pakistan" , complete line not half.

I am pretty much fine with china investing in India, I want peace in south asia and this is major step towards it.

Umm...let me guess...maybe because you put India in the title?
Edit the title and make it about Pakistan, if you want people to discuss only Pakistan.

Done thanks..

Last edited:
Total investment which China will do in India is $ 7.5 billion else will be MoU's. and the tour of Pakistan which he cancelled was not only about investment. China already started some of the projects in Pakistan which was near to $ 35 billion, he was about to sign the agreements of investment including motorway and other. and soon he will visit Pakistan.

I support many things said by Imran khan but seriously on this one I am not with him because I would not take any dharna or long march or whatever over the efforts of strengthening country's economy. Imran accept it or not but economy is being destructed because of your dharna thing. And India is enjoying all the benefits of destruction in Pakistan.

Only the figure is questionable. It is true though that China will invest massively in India, particularly in infrastructure. Railways and ports for sure, maybe roads and highways. China would be wise to make such investments, because they will bring more profits to you than investing in treasury bonds. In some ways, as of now, investing in India will bring more profits to Chinese companies than investing in China, because China already has developed a lot of infrastructure, but in India there is tremendous scope for further growth. If we start today, it will take us at least ten years and trillions of dollars to reach anywhere near the levels China has reached in infrastructure. There is a lot of money to be made for companies and countries by investing in a sector that is set to grow so massively. (Assuming that this govt will work towards that goal seriously, which is what Indians as well as foreigners believe.)

It's not just China, but any country with the resources to invest will be happy to invest in India at this stage. The climate for investment looks ripe as of now, with the new govt. That is why France, Germany, USA, Japan are all rushing to grab a shaare of the pie. China has a big advantage over most of them, for many reasons - for one, China's economy and reserves are so huge in absolute terms, that they have a lot of money to invest. South Korea or Japan do not have that advantage, althought per person they are a lot richer. Then of course, geographical proximity. That makes it easier for Chinese companies to do business, not to mention the fact that China itself will enjoy huge benefits if India's transportation network is improved. Chinese goods can be tranported cheaply into the Indian mainland, if our surface trasnport is made more robust. Thirdly, the Chinese themselves have been doing the same thing over the past few deacades - rapidly building infrastrcutre. So they are very experienced in this.

China President Xi's India visit: Beijing to make $100-billion investment commitment, but proposed visa pact put off

View attachment 56354

NEW DELHI: Chinese President Xi Jinping who arrives in India on his maiden visit on Wednesday with $100 billion investment commitments over five years across various sectors will be disappointed that the proposed visa liberalisation agreement is off the agenda. Beijing's intransigence of not following a 'one-India' policy by continuing with stapled visas for Arunachal Pradesh residents is the reason why India has put off signing the agreement.

The two sides had earlier decided to sign the visa agreement to ease travel for tourists, business travelers and professionals from either country during Xi's visit.

However, official sources pointed out that India decided to put off the proposed pact to send out a strong message. By refusing to enter into the visa pact till Beijing stops issuing stapled visas, India was asserting that Beijing's stand on Arunachal was unacceptable.

But this is not the first time that India has refused to sign the proposed visa pact. The Modi government is following the footsteps of the previous dispensation that had refused to sign the agreement during Manmohan Singh's last Beijing trip in October 2013. India was upset that the Chinese embassy in India issued stapled visas to two Arunachal Pradesh athletes days before Singh's visit.

China, however, had hoped that it could clinch the visa liberalisation agreement with a new government in Delhi that was willing to expand bilateral economic and investment links. The new visa pact would have enabled smooth travel of large number of Chinese professionals and entrepreneurs following the agreements to set up two industrial parks and announcements of $100 billion investments during Xi's trip.

The visiting President will offer the amount for setting up of industrial parks, modernisation of railways, highways, ports, power generation, distribution and transmission, automobiles, manufacturing, food processing and textile industries.

View attachment 56355

Modi will host a dinner for Xi on the Sabarmati riverfront in Ahmedabad on Wednesday afternoon. Thereafter the two leaders will travel to Delhi for dialogue on Thursday on all substantive issues of interest, including the protracted border issue, transgressions along the Line of Actual Control including recent ones, Tibet issue, Beijing's maritime silk route proposal, Bangladesh-China-India-Myanmar corridor, bilateral trade issues, terrorism, global financial issues and regional situation and pressing global issues.

Modi will receive Xi when he arrives at his hotel in Ahmedabad. Xi will be accompanied by his wife Peng Liyuan, two senior members of the Communist Party of China, the state councilor and ministers of foreign affairs and commerce, besides a huge business delegation.

The two leaders will witness inking of agreements and both will spend some time at the Sabarmati ashram. On Thursday, Xi will be received by President Pranab Mukherjee at Rashtrapati Bhavan.

Among others who would call on Xi would be Congress party president Sonia Gandhi and Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan.

Source: China President Xi's India visit: Beijing to make $100-billion investment commitment, but proposed visa pact put off - The Economic Times

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View attachment 56353

Seriously, when It was said they are going to invest 36 billion dollars, PTI were jumping around for their so called leader defense?

Edit: Keep in mind, 1 day of Chinese president visit was increase due to Absence in Pakistan

this investment would have happened with or without IK's dharna.dont be so naive.

No Thanks we don't need Chinese Investment dictated by China at 7% interest to bankrupt out Nation and pressure is only on common people.[sorry my Chinese friends don't mind but this is reality Pakistani people have waken up there is going to be no deal that includes commissions / % of corruption for both Governments]

Business should always be on equal footing and reasonable give & take, here NS will consume all the money and run away to London.

Information for Indian members NS is 4th largest private Investor in UK and pays more than 20m pounds sterling and in Pakistan he pays less than $75000 and in 08/09 NS paid only 5000 rupees tax.

Lets stop right here and stop comparing ourselves with india they strived hard to become economically strong and best placed to be invested in because of free and fair elections among other things.
--
good but
how will invest in pak other than china.. that too that large $?
who are top 5 investerm in pak last 10 yrs with $?
what is in on platter for china by pak ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom