What's new

Well Done Imran Khan.. Due to Dhrana China couldn't invest in Pakistan but will in india

The only simile which aptly describes each individual PTI supporter in this thread is "blind as a bat". I stopped reading the comments after the first page. No matter which way you put it @Fracker they will never yield to the fact that PTI and PAT are actually causing Pakistan its economy and its future.

Aik taraf asal saylaab, Punjab mein, aur doosri taraf jaahil awaam ki tsunami jin ko agar aaj Imran bolay kay jalaa do Pakistan, tau bin sochay jalaa dayn - aur phir jalaa dayna ka ilzaam maujooda huqoomat aur riasati tareekh par dalayn.

Morons. Morons everywhere. I've picked up a new predisposition. Wherever I see 'Go Nawaz Go' written, I write 'Ro Imran Ro' beneath it. Lol.

Without getting into politics, I have to say that the OP has a point, although it would be unfair to place all blame on PTI or IK. When the political climate is turbulent, and the stability of the govt is not guaranteed, businesses will not want to invest. India had such a period during UPA-2. The govt was a coalition of motley parties and interests, and businesses were reluctant to come here, because they could not be sure if the policies of today would remain that of tomorrow. Now that one party has a thumping mandate, it is clear that there will be a stable govt for the next 5 years at least. We cannot be sure of that in Islamabad.

But then, the who PAT-PTI dharnas are only one factor that discourages business. The security situatioon is another. Unsurity over the medium to long term prospects of the economy is yet another.

this investment would have happened with or without IK's dharna.dont be so naive.
Yes, it would have. But the OP's point is that the Chinese put off their visit to Pak, and so investment there got delayed.

this investment would have happened with or without IK's dharna.dont be so naive.

I have no doubt, if something major like marshall law or political turbenul doesnt happen. They will invest. But question is when? What about Pakistani image which current government made by wasting more then 320 million tax payers money i.e. current government is powerful and stay here for full tenor, Pakistan is safe to invest. Bla bla things..

Yes China isnt going anywhere since they have their own interest, but what about Pakistan interest?

Without getting into politics, I have to say that the OP has a point, although it would be unfair to place all blame on PTI or IK. When the political climate is turbulent, and the stability of the govt is not guaranteed, businesses will not want to invest. India had such a period during UPA-2. The govt was a coalition of motley parties and interests, and businesses were reluctant to come here, because they could not be sure if the policies of today would remain that of tomorrow. Now that one party has a thumping mandate, it is clear that there will be a stable govt for the next 5 years at least. We cannot be sure of that in Islamabad.

But then, the who PAT-PTI dharnas are only one factor that discourages business. The security situatioon is another. Unsurity over the medium to long term prospects of the economy is yet another.

Yes, it would have. But the OP's point is that the Chinese put off their visit to Pak, and so investment there got delayed.

so it got delayed not cancelled....

BS... Only $ 20 Bill. to be invested over five years by China in India... All that hype of 100 to 300 Bill was just hype.

Man trying to have a discussion with some PTI diehards is equal to having a discussion with some, what we call a "gali ka ghunda", in urdu. You'll lose brain cells either way. When they run out of arguments, which they usually never have in the first place, they resort to calling names like noora-lover, dumb, paid supporter, dollar khour and what not. Just like what your stereotypical matric fail badmaash would do.

With that being said, these protests indeed had an impact on the foreign image of Pakistan. A lot of foreign observers were expecting a military coup because of this lunatic's and qadri's followers. No one want to invest in an unstable country simple. FDI did fall after these protests.

--
good but how will invest in pak other than china.. that too that large $? who are top 5 investerm in pak last 10 yrs with $? what is in on platter for china by pak ?

Does it matter top 5? those top 5 can't even be called peanuts, US direct/indirect investments comes and goes those are mostly just to keep regimes happy until their demands are met, they are powerful enough to crash our stock exchange when ever they want.

\
Does it matter top 5? those top 5 can't even be called peanuts, US direct/indirect investments comes and goes those are mostly just to keep regimes happy until their demands are met, they are powerful enough to crash our stock exchange when ever they want.
Never knew FDI is so flexible....You must run for Nobel in economics by publishing empirical evidence from Pakistan.

India will be going through massive infrastructure projects. As the bigger economy, it also has the ability to absorb bigger investments easily. It is quite obvious that the investment in India would be bigger than in Pakistan, irrespective of the political situation in Pakistan.

Exactly.............

The political climate is unstable because of IK and TuQ. Period. There's no other way to look at it.

--
so china with all condition still better than usa invesmtn

Back
Top Bottom