What's new

"We will treat only Hindus, not Muslims"

Ideally, I'd love to see an Indian domestic politics sub-section with someone like yourself moderating it.

In my (perhaps delusional) thinking, such an arrangement might even be acceptable to most Pakistanis because it would revolve around ONLY domestic Indian politics and therefore be less of a lightening rod attracting the jingoistic back and forth between Indians and Pakistanis we usually see, and serve as a means for getting better insight into domestic Indian politics, which I certainly find increasingly interesting and not along the black and white lines I've typically viewed it as.

P.S: For the rest of you, I'm still going through the posts, catching up and moderating - so please don't freak out.

If you have him as a moderator you will never get to see India.

He is an extremist just as most of us are.

And you did not understand my last post about Indian favourites screening "desirable" Indians.

That's love jihad...not eve teasing
Were you present on the scene? Love jihad is when the lady is charmed and falls for the guy. Eve teasing is harassment. Those IMs were doing harassment.

- PRTP GWD

Ideally, I'd love to see an Indian domestic politics sub-section with someone like yourself moderating it.

In my (perhaps delusional) thinking, such an arrangement might even be acceptable to most Pakistanis because it would revolve around ONLY domestic Indian politics and therefore be less of a lightening rod attracting the jingoistic back and forth between Indians and Pakistanis we usually see, and serve as a means for getting better insight into domestic Indian politics, which I certainly find increasingly interesting and not along the black and white lines I've typically viewed it as.

P.S: For the rest of you, I'm still going through the posts, catching up and moderating - so please don't freak out.

I would be a hopeless Moderator, because of my short temper; you ought to be looking at @Nilgiri (disclaimer - I loathe some of his views). You are probably right, this ring-fencing would insulate some more volatile members from the 'jingoistic back and forth' that really kills any interest.

Whether the term 'Pajeet' is acceptable or not is being debated by the forum team. I only recently became aware of what it meant.

Pajeet is like p*nani.

A white man's word that means nothing to desis.

It's weird to find brown local native Pakistanis use it.

It's not dissimilar to one desi calling another a p.aki or a curry muncher.

Pajeet is like p*nani.

Hiptullha uses it very scathingly. And it does burn many. No one cares for semantics whether YTs use it or desis. Its good enough to twist panties around here.

Hiptullha uses it very scathingly. And it does burn many. No one cares for semantics whether YTs use it or desis. Its good enough to twist panties around here.

It makes no sense and is an ignorant redneck word from.a racist cartoon spoof.

Stupid for brownies to use on other brownies.

It makes no sense and is an ignorant redneck word from.a racist cartoon spoof.

Stupid for brownies to use on other brownies.

Bollocks. You'll never hear it for a Sikh or Pakistani like Aamir Khan the boxer. You'll hear it for quintessentially gangu people- those call centre dudes who talk like Apu and ask for bobs and vagene pics.

Bollocks. You'll never hear it for a Sikh or Pakistani like Aamir Khan the boxer. You'll hear it for quintessentially gangu people- those call centre dudes who talk like Apu and ask for bobs and vagene pics.

See...

Apu.

You just played into my hands boy.

See...

Apu.

You just played into my hands boy.

Here's a task for you unkill. Compare a Pakistani speaking English to an Indian speaking English. There's a detectable difference. Indians do it in a very sing song-y way with weird vowels added. We Pakistanis have inside jokes about it.

If you have him as a moderator you will never get to see India.

He is an extremist just as most of us are.

And you did not understand my last post about Indian favourites screening "desirable" Indians.
I would be a hopeless Moderator, because of my short temper; you ought to be looking at @Nilgiri (disclaimer - I loathe some of his views). You are probably right, this ring-fencing would insulate some more volatile members from the 'jingoistic back and forth' that really kills any interest.
Doc,

Do you think my religio-social views are representative of most Pakistanis? I know they aren't.

The point behind selecting a moderator isn't so much that you find someone who represents the school of thought of the majority, but someone who can remain level headed and allow different points of view, whilst drawing the line between hate speech and freedom of speech (which is something all of us struggle with).

You're never going to get perfect, so you just try your best and get abused by all sides.

Here's a task for you unkill. Compare a Pakistani speaking English to an Indian speaking English. There's a detectable difference. Indians do it in a very sing song-y way with weird vowels added. We Pakistanis have inside jokes about it.

Trust me the jokes are two way about your English as well.

Both the Inzamam type

As well as the burger baccha put on accent type.

Pajeet is like p*nani.

Until I looked it up and discovered it's reddit origins, I thought it was a spin on 'Paa Jee'.

Back
Top Bottom