What's new

Water or War

When should Pakistan launch surgical strikes on Indian Dams

Votes: 8 19.5%

Votes: 9 22.0%

Votes: 14 34.1%

Votes: 10 24.4%

• Total voters
like u can afford to go on war with a secret service which is some wat on ur side for now,if u openly declare war on isi then make sure to send enough body bags and cofins for british soldiers in afghanistan,isi can break looose all hell in afgahnstan if it will take one side only.

if u could u would have ,u don't have the guts,to mess with only 10000 men becuz u know there political and military power lies far beyond pakistani borders even ur country so think abt it.
:pakistan:

Instead of threatening covert war on every democratic nation, why don't you openly declare that your ISI is a terrorist organization?

Injustice is the reason for all wars, if UN & India would work on the solution of kashmir in 1948 (after resolution was passed), then their was no reason for 1965,71, 86, 99 etc. Same here, if india would has stop the baghliar dam, never worked on tunnel to steal pakistan water, & UN was also willing to resolve the problem on positive notes then what is the reason for pakistanis who are crying for war because their land is getting dried down?

What you are writing here is not resolution of disputes, but fulfilment of all Pakistani demands. With this mentality, nothing will ever move..

Let's assume India is deliberately blocking the water supply. Here's how we'd go about doing it.

We can simply reduce the water at critical periods (harvest etc.) , blame rain, groundwater, martians etc and play ball the rest of the time. We don't have to give you enough of a reason to commit suicide. Just enough to jolt your agro-based economy.

I think you have too high an opinion of yourself if you think this sort of activity will go unnoticed for long.

There's also always the option of outbidding Pakistan and hurting your economy even further, cave dwellers/non state actors can't really do anything about that. Pakistan can choose between a loss of a few billion dollars or put its existence at stake and bomb a dam in India. Simple.

Unfortunately, ten 'cave dwellers' did a lot of damage in Mumbai over 2-3 days. Today, Pakistan has arrested and is trying the people who are deemed responsible. In an environment where Pakistan and India are at each others throats outright, this will not happen. Then non-state actors on both sides - the Lakhvis and Purohits - are free to do as they please. And then you might have 500, 1,000 or 10,000 "cave dwellers" loose in Mumbai, Delhi and elsewhere. Will that not impact your economy?

Will you attack Pakistan then? If so, both of us will be destroyed. If not, I guarantee you India will suffer not one iota less than Pakistan. Perhaps more. It is all fine and well to make threats, but when you underestimate resources and resolve on the other side, you just come across as a self-righteous, ill-informed individual.

But let us chuck this idle talk out the window. So far the FACTS are that India has been spouting all manner of threats and has not made good on a SINGLE threat. So until we see some real action, our conclusion is that these threats are a rung lower on the ladder of importance than animal excrement.

In any case, speaking of war and all that other good stuff, waging an overt war against Pakistan should be a last resort, we should exact revenge in a similar fashion. I hate how lax our defense establishment is. We need to fight terrorists, and their sponsors, like terrorists. We should do to them, what they did to us.

Yes, do to them what they do to you. Because what they do to you, according to some of them (Kashmiris in particular), is payback for what you've done to them. And so it goes on.

I think we'll have first hand experience of India's response to a terrorist attack in October. The CWG are coming up, so its only a matter of time. Here's hoping we respond in kind.:cheers:
[/quote]

Thanks for giving us a date. I am keenly awaiting October. Let's see if this ends up being another in a long line of duds...

People like you are quoted saying in the end "I actually didn't meant it".:bunny:

And finally, people like you say 'I am sorry!, I didn't knew it. Those people did this behind my back'.

Get over it! There is no war happening.

Last edited:
Terrorists from Pakistan, trained to a high level to carry out attacks like 26/11, travelled 500 miles from Karachi to Mumbai, in a merchant ship, which can only travel at 8 kph into India, undetected, who then broke into smaller dingies, rowed into an Indian coast, separated, found the location and assasinated Mr Karkare, the man in charge of investigating none other, Colonel Prohit, the SERVING Indian Army Officer who was involved in killing people INSIDE india and attempting to blame Muslims, by their various techniques and procedures (too long to go into), anyways, kill Mr Karkare and his henchmen, go on a killing spree across Mumbai, trained so well that they can execute a plan to such precision where they hold off the Indian special forces, but only stupid enough to use their radios to remind each other that if they get caught that they are to say that they are from Hyderabad in India and not Pakistan......One terrorist survives, seen branding an assault rifle wearing a saffron on his wrist, believed to be a fanatic, hence the suicide attack but conforms more towards the Hindu tradition..................hhhhmmmmmmmmmm

Need I say more

No, no more. Ignorance is bliss ... :cheers:

Dispatches - Terror in Mumbai - Channel 4

Source : BBC (neutral?)

This thread has turned into the usual pissing contest.

Let me ask the question again

What evidence is there for theft of water by india? By evidence I don't mean

1) low levels of water in chenab: apparently water level is low on all 6 indus rivers

2) Presense of banglihar: It is run of the river HEP inspected and approved by the WB. (the guarantor of the IWT)

3) Crap spewed by "journalists"

4) how water availability per capita has decreased 5 fold in 50 years (population in pak has probably gone up 5 fold in 50 years. DUH!

Do you have any information on how exactly the water is being diverted?

What is being done with it? No infra-structure for use and storage of massive quantities of water would go unnoticed?

Given that this so called theft has been going on for the past has been going for the past 6 months, the above information should be readily available?

You are killing our people by sending terrorists In, and we are drying your land by Not giving water.... Situation is balanced now... You stop sending terrorists then we will look into it.... Right now The situation is even.

BUMP! Come on guys, 9 pages of discussion, I still haven't found an answer for my questions. Before you talk of going to war don't you think you need to have these questions answered?

1) low levels of water in chenab: apparently water level is low on all 6 indus rivers

2) Presense of banglihar: It is run of the river HEP inspected and approved by the WB. (the guarantor of the IWT)

4) how water availability per capita has decreased 5 fold in 50 years (population in pak has probably gone up 5 fold in 50 years. DUH!

What is being done with it? No infra-structure for use and storage of massive quantities of water would go unnoticed?

Given that this so called theft has been going on for the past has been going for the past 6 months, the above information should be readily available?

Tejas,

They believe that the opposite is true - i.e. we are arming insurgents in Pakistan and staging attacks on our soil. And we have not violated the IWT - whatever it is that they say. Pakistan would have taken India to court if that were the case.

First, I'd like to congratulate the mods and board members for making this forum is a more sane one compared to the other pakistanifdefence forum. But, I'm still waiting for answers to my questions regarding this water matter. I figure you want to have these answers before you start a WAR, conventional or Nuclear.

BUMP! This is getting to be annoying. Can the members who accuse india of stealing water answer my relevant questions. Atleast have the cojones to admit that you don't have any evidence and simply want to start a war.

First, I'd like to congratulate the mods and board members for making this forum is a more sane one compared to the other pakistanifdefence forum. But, I'm still waiting for answers to my questions regarding this water matter. I figure you want to have these answers before you start a WAR, conventional or Nuclear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketrulez View Post

Back
Top Bottom