What's new

Water or War

When should Pakistan launch surgical strikes on Indian Dams

Votes: 8 19.5%

Votes: 9 22.0%

Votes: 14 34.1%

Votes: 10 24.4%

• Total voters
Hopefully never and hope that a solution could be achieved by mutual understanding. But the situation and the position that the Indians are finding themselves it will be hard for them to come to terms with any thing, and to negotiate with Pakistan as an equal partner. And in that case the war might just be the last option (which I hope is avoided and dont happen at all, because strong or weak every one will suffer)

Estimate ..?

Why have the years 2013 & 2014 not been considered for the poll ? After 2012 the next 'option' is 2015.

Whoa! Attack india.:rofl::rofl::rofl:
when india will search for water on another galaxy in space then we might blow these dams ourselves.:rofl::rofl:

And also remember those f-16s cannot enter enemy terroritory without permission of uncle sam. And also they are being eagerly awaited by sukhois. You know "koi kaam hi mil jayega"

On 21 dec 2012. According to Mayan Prophecy, world will end on that date. According to the movie 2012, there will be great floods that day.

If Pak blows up Indian dams, then all that will happen. Pak will be happy that they'll have water, India will be happy that the water issue will be solved and pak threat removed, and the Mayan prophets will be happy that 'the end of the world' they predicted happened to atleast one part of the world.

Seriously, grow up man. U talk of taking out dams like picking mangoes. Do u think its going to be easy? And even if the dambuster mission succeeds, what are you going to do with the flood of water pouring into pakistan? It will just flood Pakistani agricultural land, and maybe even a few cities. The destruction caused will make a nuke look like a Diwali firecracker! Talk about shooting yourself in the foot!

No one is stupid enough to strike the dams, unless they want a beach at on your eastern border.

21 December 2012.................

On 21 dec 2012. According to Mayan Prophecy, world will end on that date. According to the movie 2012, there will be great floods that day.

If Pak blows up Indian dams, then all that will happen. Pak will be happy that they'll have water, India will be happy that the water issue will be solved and pak threat removed, and the Mayan prophets will be happy that 'the end of the world' they predicted happened to atleast one part of the world.

Seriously, grow up man. U talk of taking out dams like picking mangoes. Do u think its going to be easy. And even if the dambuster mission succeeds, what are you going to do with the flood of water pouring into pakistan?

No one is stupid enough to strike the dams, unless they want a beach at on your eastern border.

well no problem if we build our dams first and then strike on indian dams :lol: so when water floods come we can fill up our dams and save our lives too :lol::lol::lol:

I think water will be a problem in the future not only between India, Pakistan but internally in Pakistan. There is already rumblings in AJK against Punjab and Sindh and between Sindh and Punjab themselves. Its a matter of time somewise but short sighted politicians will whip up sentiments but war will not take place.

The treaty has an arbitration procedure and both Govt's must use it.

Regards

Farmers ask Punjab govt not to compromise on water share

Addressing a press conference on Sunday at the Lahore Press Club, members of the Punjab Water Council, including Hamid Malhi, Coordinator Farooq Bajwa, founder convener Rabia Sultan, ex-convener PWC Dr Tariq Bucha, Naeem Malik, Ebad Khan and Umer Cheema, said the Punjab had been facing water shortage since 1960 when its three rivers were surrendered to India. Despite reaching an agreement with other federating units in 1991, the Punjab was still facing water scarcity due to the country’s inability to construct dams, they observed.

They cautioned Shahbaz Sharif government not to bow down before the demands of the Sindh province, as share of the Punjab from the Indus Zone was rightly validated by the Indus River System Authority (IRSA) with majority vote a few days back.

well no problem if we build our dams first and then strike on indian dams :lol: so when water floods come we can fill up our dams and save our lives too :lol::lol::lol:

lol. good point. but if that happens soon we will have indians calling for strike on pak dams! then it'll just be water see-sawing back and forth, as we each build and destroy each other's dams!

I think this thread should be closed. I can't see any constructive discussion taking place here. Its pure flamebait.

The only way water issue will be solved will be thru dialogue or at worst, an international case.

Last edited:
lol. good point. but if that happens soon we will have indians calling for strike on pak dams! then it'll just be water see-sawing back and forth, as we each build and destroy each other's dams!

I think this thread should be called. I can't see any constructive discussion taking place here. Its pure flamebait.

The only way water issue will be solved will be thru dialogue or at worst, an international case.
yes i strongly agree with you

but the only problem i have is....... our government sucks in Foreign policy :hitwall: and i am sure we will have worst representatives in international case too :flame:

Back
Top Bottom