What's new

'Watching Geo is Haraam,' Sunni Ittehad Council issues fatwa

I am not in favor of banning, it's not a solution - Today Geo who become too strong that they started blackmailing, tomorrow another channel will take the place as it's all about money and power. So, what we need is clear cut code of conduct, and strong independent regulatory authority to ensure everyone is following it.
neither am i in favour of a ban....because in this way,GEO whose popularity graph/ratings have gone down drastically since last month, may regain the support from the public, that they are craving for....

bro there are already enough code of conducts,the problem is their implementation and whose gonna do that when PEMRA itself is secretly supporting PMLN nad GEO?

Bidati Itehad Council is joke, i see this qawali drama and hindu like dances more on ARY channels, which also promotes bidatis like tahir ul qadri, zahid hamid etc and qadiani like mubashir luqman. Geo surely promotes indianism but ARY is four steps ahead of them.

Yara, I'm very sorry to say it, however, slowly but surely, the concept of "Pakistan" is becoming irrelevant.

Seeing everything through religious prism is counterproductive... I have numerous differences with Geo but still I see this fatwa absolutely gratuitous.. Solely it's the responsibility of the government to look into the issue, this council and it's verdict is absolutely irrelevant - would give zealots a reason to go barbaric.

What is the story of insult of ahle bait on geo's morning show? What did geo said about them?

@LoveIcon @Marshmallow All regulatory authorities in Pakistan are either corrupt OR puppets. Fine. I agree.

And if no one speaks, then everyone's well being is compromised. But I am not against what is being said, but against who is saying it. And it is certainly political.

My only point in calling this one is that these people, these clergy members too often put their authority which should not be so broad on anything that suits them. The SIC is one of the better I know of, these people are a sane voice.

But they should not involve themselves as a religious authority. If today, some other less sane religious authority issue fatwa against Geo or some other public enemy number one, tomorrow the common man might see their legitimacy while they issue one against a less sane cause.

It's all about ideals, forget what's being said for a moment.
oho whose disagreeing with that? we all know how these religious leaders misuse the weaker minds/opportunities for their personal interests....what we are saying is when the respective authorities failed to deliver in due time then you would definately be witnessing such wannabes taking advantage of the situation....so the blame gain goes more on the Government and PEMRA than these religious ones...

It is also "haram" to post comments/questions for/against PEMRA..... In "Land of the pure", only kosher thing is to follow "Haram Halal Mag", published weekly! :D
Hola Big Bro:p:

Most sad thing was that the government didn't condemned this incidence.:(

Government does not condemn anything related to the activities of GEO or its owners because they are hand in hand on many things. Partners in crime, sort of.

@LoveIcon @Marshmallow All regulatory authorities in Pakistan are either corrupt OR puppets. Fine. I agree.

And if no one speaks, then everyone's well being is compromised. But I am not against what is being said, but against who is saying it. And it is certainly political.

My only point in calling this one is that these people, these clergy members too often put their authority which should not be so broad on anything that suits them. The SIC is one of the better I know of, these people are a sane voice.

But they should not involve themselves as a religious authority. If today, some other less sane religious authority issue fatwa against Geo or some other public enemy number one, tomorrow the common man might see their legitimacy while they issue one against a less sane cause.

It's all about ideals, forget what's being said for a moment.

So, basically, SIC and other such bodies should have sat quietly on the matter, right?

Last edited:
Government does not condemn anything related to the activities of GEO or its owners because they are hand in hand on many things. Partners in crime, sort of.

So, basically, SIC and other such bodies should have sat quietly on the matter, right?
no everyone has a right to protest in a peaceful way....we were talking about the incompetency of PEMRA actually that helped SIC or whatever its called to come forward in this way....

Bringing religion into each and every thing is not a good thing.

A proper investigation should be held to find out if a rival channel is behind this fatwa..​

I don't think you understood the situation, it was the team at GEO that brought religion into all this, it is because of that, that we are all so upset.......well, most of us anyway who actually respect our most respected caliphs.

no everyone has a right to protest in a peaceful way....we were talking about the incompetency of PEMRA actually that helped SIC or whatever its called to come forward in this way....

This is a 2 pronged issue, 1 is that GEO produced a show that is offensive to a lot of people, 2nd is that the offensive material related to religion. Hence the involvement of multiple bodies. For example, if there is tax evasion and the culprit has used that money so smuggle narcotics out of the country it will involve anti-narcotics force, the customs and FBR.

All official bodies must act on matters that pertain to their respective domains.

ARY also airs indian movies from time to time, come on FATWA factory eik FATWA aideer wee sutooo :D

Mubashir Luqman is not Qadiani. He wasn't born in Qadian as far as i am aware.
So only those who were born in Qadian are Qadiani???

Last edited:
Bidati Itehad Council is joke, i see this qawali drama and hindu like dances more on ARY channels, which also promotes bidatis like tahir ul qadri, zahid hamid etc and qadiani like mubashir luqman. Geo surely promotes indianism but ARY is four steps ahead of them.
Karzai is a jew now happy and abdullah abdullah is a hindu ... who the hell are you to say mubashir luqman is a qadyani?? any proof or some afghani culture taught you this BS??

Back
Top Bottom