What's new

'Watching Geo is Haraam,' Sunni Ittehad Council issues fatwa

@LoveIcon @Marshmallow All regulatory authorities in Pakistan are either corrupt OR puppets. Fine. I agree.

And if no one speaks, then everyone's well being is compromised. But I am not against what is being said, but against who is saying it. And it is certainly political.

My only point in calling this one is that these people, these clergy members too often put their authority which should not be so broad on anything that suits them. The SIC is one of the better I know of, these people are a sane voice.

But they should not involve themselves as a religious authority. If today, some other less sane religious authority issue fatwa against Geo or some other public enemy number one, tomorrow the common man might see their legitimacy while they issue one against a less sane cause.

It's all about ideals, forget what's being said for a moment.

No dear - Most of our regulatory authorities are salve of rules, doesn't matter which party is in govt. These ba$stards get paid and enjoy luxuries on expense of public money and kiss the feet of whoever is in corridors of power.
so nothing gunna happen then? but i tell you,this time around, theres a lot of pressure on Government and PEMRA on GEO issue....

That's how we turn the ant into monster. PMLn will never close Geo and watch out, after few months Geo will walk out from this scenario like a hero......

Seeing everything through religious prism is counterproductive... I have numerous differences with Geo but still I see this fatwa absolutely gratuitous.. Solely it's the responsibility of the government to look into the issue, this council and it's verdict is absolutely irrelevant - would give zealots a reason to go barbaric.

Seeing everything through religious prism is counterproductive... I have numerous differences with Geo but still I see this fatwa absolutely gratuitous.. Solely it's the responsibility of the government to look into the issue, this council and it's verdict is absolutely irrelevant - would give zealots a reason to go barbaric.
An opportunity to use the word " blasphemy " to get even.......very dangerous turning point. Already paying the price of late Governor of Punjab and a fallen lawyer in Multan.

@LoveIcon @Marshmallow All regulatory authorities in Pakistan are either corrupt OR puppets. Fine. I agree.

And if no one speaks, then everyone's well being is compromised. But I am not against what is being said, but against who is saying it. And it is certainly political.

My only point in calling this one is that these people, these clergy members too often put their authority which should not be so broad on anything that suits them. The SIC is one of the better I know of, these people are a sane voice.

But they should not involve themselves as a religious authority. If today, some other less sane religious authority issue fatwa against Geo or some other public enemy number one, tomorrow the common man might see their legitimacy while they issue one against a less sane cause.

It's all about ideals, forget what's being said for a moment.

Well - I don't know who SIC guys are, infect i don't give damn to fatwa issuing mullahs. My point is simple for how long we will just keep criticizing these mullahs when infect it's our law enforcement, regulatory authorities and judicial system which are filled with incompetent, corrupt and slaves. And it's incompetence of these institutes that every tom d!ck any harry are able to get space.

Bringing religion into each and every thing is not a good thing.

A proper investigation should be held to find out if a rival channel is behind this fatwa..​

so nothing gunna happen then? but i tell you,this time around, theres a lot of pressure on Government and PEMRA on GEO issue....

I am not in favor of banning, it's not a solution - Today Geo who become too strong that they started blackmailing, tomorrow another channel will take the place as it's all about money and power. So, what we need is clear cut code of conduct, and strong independent regulatory authority to ensure everyone is following it.

Another paving brick in the road to a failed state. Rule of law? Not if Muslims are "offended". Kill the blasphemers!!

Back
Top Bottom