What's new

'Watching Geo is Haraam,' Sunni Ittehad Council issues fatwa

Bringing religion into each and every thing is not a good thing.

A proper investigation should be held to find out if a rival channel is behind this fatwa..​
It's not about that fatwa, it's about that show which hurt sentiments of muslims all across world.

As mentioned earlier by someone that almost the same Qawalli was aired during ARY morning show on ordinary couple, i am not defending GEO, but if GEO violated the rules, so did ARY...... their is a media turf war going on in PAK these days...

As mentioned earlier by someone the almost the same Qawalli was aired during ARY morning show on ordinary couple, i am not defending GEO, but if GEO violated the rules, so did ARY...... their is a media turf war going on in PAK these days...
Now pemra should take an action and should monitor each and every channel and should ban those who violate rules.

As mentioned earlier by someone that almost the same Qawalli was aired during ARY morning show on ordinary couple, i am not defending GEO, but if GEO violated the rules, so did ARY...... their is a media turf war going on in PAK these days...

PEMRA should have done her job in both cases, why we need these good for nothing institution when action will be taken only when people will come on streets. And the way mullahs are playing now, it can lead to dangerous situation.

PEMRA should have done her job in both cases, why we need these good for nothing institution when action will be taken only when people will come on streets. And the way mullahs are playing now, it can lead to dangerous situation.
i totally agree with u..... now FATWA factories have hijacked the situation
btw the Decent and Humble Mubashir Lucman ;)
Mubashir Lucman flirting with morning show host Farah

i totally agree with u..... now FATWA factories have hijacked the situation
btw the Decent and Humble Mubashir Lucman

Wasn't Luqman caught red handed once while fixing an interview or something? He is just using this opportunity for his personal benefit.

The fatwa making council, plenty of those around. Don't say anything related to faith, religion. Instead issue one political fatwa after the other.

Shame on you.

Boycott it, on who's authority do you speak against it on religious terms?

they see the writing on the wall and trying to get on the band wagon

At least he has not committed blasphemy

If it's geo vs ary then why geo is critisizing army and committing blasphemy.
im not here to defend GEO, but mate what GEO did today in morning show ARY morning show did the same few days back, the only diff is diff couple, plus what GEO said about ISI was wrong... as i said earlier its a media turf war going on these days.. everyone desperate for a rating :)

No disrespect intended to you, but i must ask if you are aware of the story we are discussing here?

This is what I understand the story to be about:

IC leader’s statement came after a Qawwali (a genre of sufi music) — Ali ke Saath hai Zahra ki Shaadi — was played in Geo TV’s morning show Utho Jago Pakistan on the background of actress Veena Malik and her husband Assad Bashir Khattak’s wedding reenactment.

‘Ali ke Saath hai Zahra ki Shaadi’ is a famous Qawwali about the marriage of Prophet Muhammad’s (PBUH) daughter Syeda Fatima Zehra (R.A) with his cousin Hazrat Ali (R.A).

While Qawwali was being rendered by the Qawwals, the wedding guests were seen dancing and bride’s friends carrying on with Joota Chupai (a popular wedding tradition in sub-continent in which girls from bride’s side hide shoes of groom and return them in exchange of money).

The show sparked outcry as Allama Abbas Kumaili, SIC leader Shahibzada Hamid Raza, Allama Tahir Ashrafi, and other prominent Sunni and Shia scholars strongly condemned Geo TV for hurting the religious sentiments of people.

SIC chief urged people to boycott all news, sports and entertainment channels of Geo TV network.

“No amount of regret or attempts to make amends will help. What’s done is done. They shall pay for their sins”, Hamid Raza said.

SIC chief announced to move to Supreme Court against Geo TV and said the party will stage protest against the channel on Sunday.

“Geo TV must be tried for blasphemy against the Holy Quran and Islamic traditions”, he said.”We will protest until the satellite channel is banned”.

- See more at: SIC Declares Watching Geo TV as Sinful | Pakistan Tribune

Tried for blasphemy? Over the top, IMHO and not worthy of a modern nation.

IC leader’s statement came after a Qawwali (a genre of sufi music) — Ali ke Saath hai Zahra ki Shaadi — was played in Geo TV’s morning show Utho Jago Pakistan on the background of actress Veena Malik and her husband Assad Bashir Khattak’s wedding reenactment.

‘Ali ke Saath hai Zahra ki Shaadi’ is a famous Qawwali about the marriage of Prophet Muhammad’s (PBUH) daughter Syeda Fatima Zehra (R.A) with his cousin Hazrat Ali (R.A).

While Qawwali was being rendered by the Qawwals, the wedding guests were seen dancing and bride’s friends carrying on with Joota Chupai (a popular wedding tradition in sub-continent in which girls from bride’s side hide shoes of groom and return them in exchange of money).

The show sparked outcry as Allama Abbas Kumaili, SIC leader Shahibzada Hamid Raza, Allama Tahir Ashrafi, and other prominent Sunni and Shia scholars strongly condemned Geo TV for hurting the religious sentiments of people.

SIC chief urged people to boycott all news, sports and entertainment channels of Geo TV network.

“No amount of regret or attempts to make amends will help. What’s done is done. They shall pay for their sins”, Hamid Raza said.

SIC chief announced to move to Supreme Court against Geo TV and said the party will stage protest against the channel on Sunday.

“Geo TV must be tried for blasphemy against the Holy Quran and Islamic traditions”, he said.”We will protest until the satellite channel is banned”.

Other TV channels are creating a hype ..n public is buying it... not just coz of this episode... people are fed up.... although it is kinda offensive...

Id rate Dawn group .. the best and most reliable media house in the country.. proffesional -- reliable---no nonsense!

Is vatican city's every verdict applicable ? - No

Sunni Ittehad Council is not an official body. Its an alliance of a bunch of right wing goons who issue ridiculous fatwas, left right and center. Hardly anyone takes them seriously. You can judge how seriously they are taken by member's response here. No one in their right minds can agree with them.

We are not going to eradicate these people, they will eradicate themselves.

Sunni Ittehad Council is not an official body. Its an alliance of a bunch of right wing goons who issue ridiculous fatwas, left right and center. Hardly anyone takes them seriously. You can judge how seriously they are taken by member's response here. No one in their right minds can agree with them.

As a outsider, viewing Pakistan primarily through the western media, supplemented by my readings and interchanges here on PDF, I fear that such "right wing goons" have far too much power in Pakistani society. I worry that they are powerful enough to ruin Pakistan for decades. I want to believe that "no one in their right mind can agree with them" but the evidence of the violence and mayhem they cause contradicts you. SOMEONE must take they seriously, and even seriously enough to seek martyrdom in the name of their fatwas.

Back
Top Bottom