What's new

Watch Out, China: India Is Launching New Stealth Destroyer

I think the biggest issue is that Barak 8 is slow and short ranged.

If the ship has 32 proper air defence missiles like HHQ-9, RIM-174 or Aster then it might be ok. But Barak 8? :sarcastic:

I think this ship will struggle even against old harpoon. haha

Chinese air defence missile :lol:

Man I know Indian Media likes to have some wet dreams but reality is China is looking to compete with USA not India so by the time India will have 4 of these China will have around 20 Type 55 by than so stop dreaming and face reality

Lol Indian Media ? Have you ever heard about National Interest website ?

Man I know Indian Media likes to have some wet dreams but reality is China is looking to compete with USA not India so by the time India will have 4 of these China will have around 20 Type 55 by than so stop dreaming and face reality
So how many enemies each have and how many friends each have ?

And India competing with China and China competing with US lol

while this is a kik azz destroyer and a big step forward to navy's modernisation but there was no need to title the article like this.

Media sshould stop obsession with china. Media all over the world is obsessed with someone else.

Lol @ only 32 long range SAMs.

By the time this ship is commissioned, China would have the 100+ cell VLS Type-55 cruiser in service.
Type-55 will be around 50 per cent heavier and so will be much more heavily armed.

India has no hope of being a peer to China.
First Type-55 launched in 2016 and commissioned 2018.

Being a Bangladeshi, do you ever feel any shame for so desperately cheer-leading for China everywhere? Just curious.... :)

n fact, look at FREMM, Type 45 and Type 052C/D. They have better LO technology that Kolkata, yet we do not call our ships "stealth destroyers" like little children.

No-definitely not Type 45 or Type 052 C

If the ship has 32 proper air defence missiles like HHQ-9, RIM-174 or Aster then it might be ok. But Barak 8? :sarcastic:

I think this ship will struggle even against old harpoon

Barak 8 is an excellant missile & can take down a Yakhont.

oh man Pakistan should stop dreaming, but the reality is India is looking to compete with China and not Pakistan, so by the time Pakistan will have 8 conventional junk subs India will be having 24+ advance submarines......so stop XXXXXXX and start painting:rofl:

I think the biggest issue is that Barak 8 is slow and short ranged.

I think this ship will struggle even against old harpoon. haha
HQ 9 :lol:

That Use fire control Radar to engage targets

That is a overweight 80s reverse engineered crap can't be compared with Barak 8 which use active Seeker and engage many targets simultaneously without the need of illumination.

And plZ don't even mention Chinese Anti ship missiles that can't even destroy a 1200 Ton corvette with its countermeasures off let alone 7 Ton Indian Destroyers

INS Hanit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also, it is funny how all the Indians always call their ships "stealth destroyers" or "stealth frigates"... FFS, they are NOT STEALTH SHIPS. They just incorporate a LO design to reduce radar signature.

In fact, look at FREMM, Type 45 and Type 052C/D. They have better LO technology that Kolkata, yet we do not call our ships "stealth destroyers" like little children.

Indian inferiority complex and obsession of using sensational titles such as "stealth destroyer" make me laugh
You developed the Indian Destroyer... We know Chinese quality!

These ships have so many empty space for other modification. Even Kolkata class have empty space for future modification.
So as I said before stop cheerleading China every where without knowing facts.
Have you ever thought why people cheer for china not for you.

Back
Top Bottom