What's new

Was partition of India inevitable?

Partition has given the OPPURTUNITY to Both Hindus and Muslims
to PROVE their competence and capabilities

And the RESULTS are there for ALL to see

If india and pakistan make peace(99% impropable) and connive with each other. They can dictate terms to most of the countries in asia. Pakistan could easily influence afghanistan,central asian republics without hindrance from india. India could do the same on the eastern front. On the sea side india and pakistan can control all the oil trade. No need to salute any one.

Indeed, that is the potential, it is win win for all of us, but bad for the big powers of the world, one more competitor on the scene.

If india and pakistan make peace(99% impropable) and connive with each other. They can dictate terms to most of the countries in asia. Pakistan could easily influence afghanistan,central asian republics without hindrance from india. India could do the same on the eastern front. On the sea side india and pakistan can control all the oil trade. No need to salute any one.

No you are just DAY DREAMING

That would have been the case IF Pakistan and Bangladesh HAD more INDUSTRIES

But BOTH of their industrial capabilities are very ordinary

Given the Hindu hatred towards Muslims, it was bound to happen. United India couldn't have worked. We are thankful that we are not living under Hindu hegemony.
And after the Muslim population exploding in india and the current civil war scenario under the extremist hindu rule,it looks like the further partition of india is inevitable .
As told by many western writers , United india is just a delusion .Naturally it simply don,t exist.

And after the Muslim population exploding in india and the current civil war scenario under the extremist hindu rule,it looks like the further partition of india is inevitable . As told by many western writers , United india is just a delusion .Naturally it simply don,t exist.

Any conflict in India may not benefit us. What will benefit us is if Muslims become a demographic majority in India or not.

Partition has given the OPPURTUNITY to Both Hindus and Muslims
to PROVE their competence and capabilities

And the RESULTS are there for ALL to see

This is not true, it created unequal opportunities for people in different countries, as all 3 countries basic situations are not same. While India had the most opportunity in the biggest most peaceful country, Pakistan has outperformed after 1971 in many respects in a smaller more volatile country, while Bangladesh turned out to be the most moronic among the 3.

That is fascinating, so Jinnah a nice secular guy helped Hindu's achieve their goal to create a Ram Rajya, while screwing his own kind? How else can I put it.?

Just imagine if we South Asians were not busy fighting each other what we could achieve inventing stuff. It is no wonder the Chinese and Europeans laugh at us.
You are an idealist I think ? Well it would be nice if everyone treated everyone wonderfully and went about singing and dancing and inventing stuff but that ain't gonna happen.

All the religions were attempts at achieving some kind of utopia ( and I include communism as a religion ), as far as I can see none of it has worked, basically people don't like each other and are never going to live according to your prescription.

We are better off separate. Long live the Partition.

This is not true, it created unequal opportunities for people in different countries, as all 3 countries basic situations are not same. While India had the most opportunity in the biggest most peaceful country, Pakistan has outperformed after 1971 in many respects in a smaller more volatile country, while Bangladesh turned out to be the most moronic among the 3.

I have made my point

I believe that the ADDITIONAL population was of no benefit and use to an United India

Present INDIA is neither short of people NOR short of land and natural resources

WIthout partition Hindus and Muslims would be BLAMING each other all the time

Even today you see Pakistan blames India for all its problems

You are an idealist I think ? Well it would be nice if everyone treated everyone wonderfully and went about singing and dancing and inventing stuff but that ain't gonna happen.

All the religions were attempts at achieving some kind of utopia ( and I include communism as a religion ), as far as I can see none of it has worked, basically people don't like each other and are never going to live according to your prescription.

We are better off separate. Long live the Partition.

I would like to see my own country and people develop first and foremost, and I cannot see this happen without solving the gordian knot that was created in partition. Europeans fought for many centuries, but eventually they learned that it is better to cooperate and have a better life instead. South Asians I am sure will do it too, question is in how many decades or centuries, may be not in our lifetime. But at least people should keep their mind open and think about possibilities.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom