What's new

Was Imran Khan's China Visit a Complete Failure?

Is the visit a success?

• Yes

Votes: 15 55.6%
  • No

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 3 11.1%

• Total voters
Pakistan already has some small deradicalization centers, perhaps it can be helped to expand them
to prevent innocent muslim being polluted.by extreme ideology. more FDI will follow when the country has good.internal.security.

China.is.making.the.initiative.

Well govnt will have to resolve these issues. They have left the streets now but will rear their ugly heads again and again.

You can't ignore this problem any longer. I saw on another thread govnt minister mention they're working on a long term solution.

Not sure what that is but Pakistanis need to make a choice and it's going to be make or break.

Whatever the choice it will Pakistanis making their own bed to sleep in and will have consequences beyond Pak borders. It's bad for business. For help you need to first help yourselves.

If govnt and army will be unwilling to tackle extremists head on then be prepared for a rough ride.

Having said the above, I'm sure this was discussed with Chinese friends and both are seeing eye to eye.

The day IK has become PM of Pakistan, people are expecting everything in the matter of days, if not hours.

People were ridiculing IK first visit to Saudia Arab as failure but look what we got it after few days. I have been saying over and over again, that we are not going for loans/money in this China trip but rather export deals and to lower down trade deficit between both the countries. Impact of this trip will last long and greater emphasize is on Pakistani exports. Its very easy for China/Saudia/UAE to loan Pakistan with $2-3 billions but what we really are looking for is to increase our production capacity. China and Pakistan are sorting this out and for that we may need more talks which is perfectly fine and in best interest of both China and Pakistan.

So hold down your impatient horses and wait for the official agreement details.

Last edited:
We get protests here, if violent they are quelled...people are prosecuted. It's normal functioning of any state except Pakistan who is actually held hostage.

Alot of speculation as of now but let's see what this long term solution to extremists will be.

The stupidity in this post is too damn high.

Its a successful visit. Since when does China care who is in power in Pakistan???? Chinese relations are with State of Pakistan and not with Government of Pakistan. if any one knew anything about history they wouldnt have asked this question at the first place.

I dont know what people were expecting, when Chinese says "needs more talk" it means they want to negotiate the deals, how is it a bad thing?? They want to fill the loop holes. IK's team has done great job before going to China to formulate plan of action. Pakistan has conveyed what they are looking for, but China wants to think about it. Chinese are not like Sauids that just by speaking to one person you get what you want, they are very methodological in their dealings.

People are worried who received him completely forgetting that
PM Imran Khan to arrive in China as "Guest of Honour".

The problem is if China invests too much in CPEC at government level in the form of loans, how is Pakistan going to repay??? That was the very same reason for which ML1 was dropped from initial phase of CPEC.

I am happy with how the visit has been so far. No big talks like our neighbors do but targets have been achieved which will unfold over next few months.

China goverment actually has many doubts of his compromised attitude towards religious extremists and terrrorists. this is the key problem of Chinese concern. if IK is get soft hands on terrorists, then China will be put into risk. We want anti terrorists commitment from the new goverment.
Previous govt of Nawaz Sharif was negotiating with TTP while they were doing terrorist activities in Pakistan. It was the army who launched the operation against them while govt draged its feet. So you want to say that PRC was happy with Nawaz Sharif govt( CPEC officially started in his time)?

Previous govt of Nawaz Sharif was negotiating with TTP while they were doing terrorist activities in Pakistan. It was the army who launched the operation against them while govt draged its feet. So you want to say that PRC was happy with Nawaz Sharif govt( CPEC officially started in his time)?
I am not a supporter of Nawaz Sharif. I am a big fan of PA.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom