What's new

Was Imran Khan's China Visit a Complete Failure?

Is the visit a success?

• Yes

Votes: 15 55.6%
  • No

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 3 11.1%

• Total voters
I don't think it was a failure, China is just taking time to adjust to the new Pakistani administration.

What does it mean when he says he wants to "renegotiate" the CPEC deals?
Dont know how people measure failure and sucess of visit but it was PTI government who had more expectation and created hype about this visit

Chinese will take time to trust Imran Khan or PTI considering that he was opposing CPEC when he was protesting on streets of Islamabad during previous government . Chinese president had to postpone his visit because of these protests .chinese government want continuity of CPEC projects irrespective of government. Its lesson for our politicians to never bring neighbours in politics

I don't think it was a failure, China is just taking time to adjust to the new Pakistani administration.

What does it mean when he says he wants to "renegotiate" the CPEC deals?
We have habit to see over night change. We don t believe in system.

All rumors were put to rest after PM Imran Khan visited China. 1. China agreed to help Pakistan, a package is under discussion. 2. The visit set direction for next 5 years, agreed to hold 8th JCC of CPEC in a month. 3.China agreed to import more & FTA will be upgraded.

45517252_1746568735470817_9077519856630235136_n.jpg

45542400_1746568938804130_3924854180098867200_n.jpg

I understand that, China for one has a LOT of interest in any Chinese officials or business people who may have been involved in corruption.

But unilaterally renegotiating already signed contracts with private companies and SOE's creates a lot of unease and uncertainty. What happens when new contracts are to be signed?

you cannot unilaterally renegotiate contracts unless you want to cancel or pull out
welcome to the real world

you cannot unilaterally renegotiate contracts unless you want to cancel or pull out
welcome to the real world

So how can Imran Khan "re-negotiate" all those hundreds of CPEC contracts that have already been signed with Chinese private companies and SOE's?

So how can Imran Khan "re-negotiate" all those hundreds of CPEC contracts that have already been signed with Chinese private companies and SOE's?

there is a zillion ways of doing it
he can threaten to cancel contract or not pay for something that has been delivered
he can withdraw security for chinese workers

at the end of the day who is going to enforce these contracts ?

I know what a pilot project is. $60 billion is large amount for a "pilot" project

I was responding to the tall claim CPEC is critical to the success of BRI
I showed you CPEC is irrelevant to the most important use case - land trade route to Europe

CPEC has its advantages for China

The vary definition of pilot project should have been sufficient for you to understand the fundamental role of CPEC into BRI. Show me where else within BRI, anywhere in the world, the progress is as lightening as CPEC? CPEC MUST be successful first and foremost for the rest to make sense. It will be used as template and lessons learned applied elsewhere. 60 billion is not a huge amount considering what is at stake here.

The vary definition of pilot project should have been sufficient for you to understand the fundamental role of CPEC into BRI. Show me where else within BRI, anywhere in the world, the progress is as lightening as CPEC? CPEC MUST be successful first and foremost for the rest to make sense. It will be used as template and lessons learned applied elsewhere. 60 billion is not a huge amount considering what is at stake here.

Land based route to Europe is independent of what ever is being done in CPEC. It involves China, Russia and maybe Ukraine & Kazakhstan. It will survive on its own merits.

$60 billion is a huge amount. you would know if you wrote the check

I listened to the video. If someone wanted to showcase an economy Pakistan is one of the last countries on earth I would use. Apologies in advance if I hurt your national pride.

Don't be too quick to judge because if our desires are met you will be squealing like a little pig.

The point I made was simple, people out of system can dream of turning system into an amazing thing after removing its conspicuous problems but when they enter system they are bound down by realities all his/her predecessors faced. For e.g. Arvind Kejriwal tried to bring in anti corruption law, Mr. Modi tried to do a lot for welfare of people by turning black economy to white etc. The answer lies in competition in the system, one person improve one situation the next one improves something else.
Btw Personal abuses are the way you put your point across hmmm it seems like you have an experience of getting your desires of squealing fulfilled. (Any response with personal remarks would be ignored)

What your post has to do with topic at hand ?
some chai walas give forced hugs to world leaders
and then in return they get this kinda izaat
Donald Trump turns down India's invitation for Republic Day
https://www.indiatoday.in/india/sto...nvitation-for-republic-day-1377082-2018-10-28

Best of luck to IK to upgrade pakistan to a level where it doesnt need any bailouts. But the system needs regular improvements not kneejerk reactions. System needs an organized response not reactive solutions. Anyways Pakistan has its own independent take on its matters (which as per most of the Indians are lacking in one aspect or the other).

Critical negotiations take time!!! Remember the KSA episode!!! “Pleased to know each other” phase is completed!! The subsequent phases will come at a fast pace!!! The staffs done in haste is messed up by Devil/Satan/Lucifer etc....
The sports IK excelled is called Test Cricket, played over 8 hrs/day and 5 to 6 days, for a reason!!! By his own admission, he doesn’t lower the bar of expectations no matter how lofty it is nor does he put failure as an option.....
The job of the majority of the Indian members in this forum is mostly to be the advocate, worshipper, assistant etc. of Devil as far as Pak is concerned....

Back
Top Bottom