What's new

Was Imran Khan's China Visit a Complete Failure?

Is the visit a success?

• Yes

Votes: 15 55.6%
  • No

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 3 11.1%

• Total voters
I don't think it was a failure, China is just taking time to adjust to the new Pakistani administration.

What does it mean when he says he wants to "renegotiate" the CPEC deals?
A lot of the deals made seemed to have been done hastily and unrealistically; leaving both Chinese investment and the Pakistani state unable to meet commitments.
In addition, a lot of the investment may end up in corruption based on the current structure.

I don't think it was a failure, China is just taking time to adjust to the new Pakistani administration.

What does it mean when he says he wants to "renegotiate" the CPEC deals?

It means he thought dealing with china would be the same as dealing with the US and UK.

Negotiate with a gun held to his own head.

Didn't quite work out the way he imagined it.

Do you understand what "pilot project" means?

I know what a pilot project is. $60 billion is large amount for a "pilot" project

I was responding to the tall claim CPEC is critical to the success of BRI
I showed you CPEC is irrelevant to the most important use case - land trade route to Europe

CPEC has its advantages for China

It means he thought dealing with china would be the same as dealing with the US and UK.

Negotiate with a gun held to his own head.

Didn't quite work out the way he imagined it.

Stop comparing China with the US and UK LOL Only a fool would make such a comparison.

China is testing Imran Khan after he made the renegotiation remarks. Both China and Pakistan are correct in their own way. The previous Modi lover regime PML-N made deals with eyes closed. It makes perfect sense to revisit some of those deals. China is ready to renegotiate, but naturally wants to know the outcome. They are waiting and will deliver. There is no rejoicing for India. At the end of the day, the outcome will be win win for China and Pakistan.

Stop comparing China with the US and UK LOL Only a fool would make such a comparison.

I am not. I am commenting on IK's lack of understanding of chinese nature. His only point of reference is US and UK.

China is testing Imran Khan after he made the renegotiation remarks. Both China and Pakistan are correct in their own way. The previous Modi lover regime PML-N made deals with eyes closed. It makes perfect sense to revisit some of those deals. China is ready to renegotiate, but naturally wants to know the outcome. They are waiting and will deliver. There is no rejoicing for India. At the end of the day, the outcome will be win win for China and Pakistan.

Nope, china is showing IK his rightful place. Popularly called a "snub".

For now, the outcome is a definite win for china. They have set the rules of the game and they will control future engagements on their terms.

I am not. I am commenting on IK's lack of understanding of chinese nature. His only point of reference is US and UK.

Nope, china is showing IK his rightful place. Popularly called a "snub".

For now, the outcome is a definite win for china. They have set the rules of the game and they will control future engagements on their terms.

There is no snub. This is just wishful thinking on your part.

Pakistan is not in conflict with China so there is winner or loser.

This is a new government and it will require a little time before both China and Pakistan have sorted out the CPEC renegotiations.

I hate to bring it to you, but it is business as usual. The visit by Imran Khan is a huge success because a lot of deals have been signed. There is a firm commitment that CPEC will be expanded. China will eventually deliver the money.

There is no snub. This is just wishful thinking on your part.

Pakistan is not in conflict with China so there is winner or loser.

This is a new government and it will require a little time before both China and Pakistan have sorted out the CPEC renegotiations.

I hate to bring it to you, but it is business as usual. The visit by Imran Khan is a huge success because a lot of deals have been signed. There is a firm commitment that CPEC will be expanded. China will eventually deliver the money.

It IS business as usual. That is exactly my point.

"Naya pakistan" is just a repackaged "purana pakistan".

IK was looking to REDUCE CPEC and china has committed to EXPAND it. In my book that counts as a win for china.

It IS business as usual. That is exactly my point.

"Naya pakistan" is just a repackaged "purana pakistan".

IK was looking to REDUCE CPEC and china has committed to EXPAND it. In my book that counts as a win for china.

Stop bullshitting.

Naya Pakistan is where Nawazoo i.e. Modi lover will be put behind bars.

Imran Khan is not looking to reduce CPEC. He is looking to expand it and renegotiate certain parts of it.

There are only winners here. Both Pakistan and China are the winners. India is the loser.

A lot of the deals made seemed to have been done hastily and unrealistically; leaving both Chinese investment and the Pakistani state unable to meet commitments.
In addition, a lot of the investment may end up in corruption based on the current structure.

he wants contracts renegotiated
it is always about the money dude

I understand that, China for one has a LOT of interest in any Chinese officials or business people who may have been involved in corruption.

But unilaterally renegotiating already signed contracts with private companies and SOE's creates a lot of unease and uncertainty. What happens when new contracts are to be signed?

Stop bullshitting.

Naya Pakistan is where Nawazoo i.e. Modi lover will be put behind bars.

Imran Khan is not looking to reduce CPEC. He is looking to expand it and renegotiate certain parts of it.

There are only winners here. Both Pakistan and China are the winners. India is the loser.

What is so great about putting NS in jail ? you have earlier put Bhutto in Jail and even hanged him.

You have killed his daughter and dictator zia too.

So disposing off head of state is nothing "Naya" in pakistan.

As for IK on CPEC, here are the facts,

https://www.theweek.in/news/world/2...china--cuts-investment-in-railways-by--2.html

"pakistan has slashed the Chinese investment in railways by $2 billion citing a huge burden of loans, giving credence to reports that the new government led by Prime Minister Imran Khan may scrutinise the multi-billion dollar CPEC, a media report said Tuesday.

Railways Minister Sheikh Rasheed Ahmad said that the share of the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) in the railways has been reduced from $8.2 billion to $6.2 billion.

Railways Minister Sheikh Rasheed Ahmad, however, said that the CPEC share has been reduced to $6.2 billion.

"Pakistan is a poor country that cannot afford huge burden of the loans," Rasheed told a news conference in Lahore.
"

That was BEFORE he visited china.

AFTER his visit, you are claiming the china has INCREASED CPEC which is quite the opposite of what IK wanted.

If this is what you claim as a "win" and a "Victory", then we wish you MANY such "Victories".

We are happy to "loose".

Congratulation on your "victory".

Looks like IK won the world cup again for pakistan. This time in china. :coffee:

Back
Top Bottom