What's new

War is not an Option, We cannot Attack India

I don't think any strategist will tell India to attack Pakistan. They lack capabilities to lead an offence.
They have the capability to lead an offense but may not have the capacity to absorb the costs(military and economic) associated with it.
Remember, they keep harping on the two fronts they created in their minds. They may win a conventional war against Pakistan but what will be left will not be sufficient to defend against China.

Although that is a fantasy scenario they created to justify their arms purchases.

They have the capability to lead an offense but may not have the capacity to absorb the costs(military and economic) associated with it.
Remember, they keep harping on the two fronts they created in their minds. They may win a conventional war against Pakistan but what will be left will not be sufficient to defend against China.

Although that is a fantasy scenario they created to justify their arms purchases.
And that is not offensive capability its idiocy.

They will only have peanuts left to counter China.

War is not an option as never solved any issue, trust level is 0 or in minus better need to built mutual trust

The prime minister laid out the exact reality and gave a very honest and accurate assessment of the situation. I am convinced he is the best person to lead us in such a dire situation.
While I generally agree, he really needs to chose his words more carefully. He feels he's too good of an orator to go in with any advance preparation. Most of his off-the-cuff statements are easily manipulatable.

He could have simply said "We won't attack India" as opposed to we can't, changing the perception entirely. It gives away the picture without providing an unnecessary PR victory to our foe.

And that is not offensive capability its idiocy.

They will only have peanuts left to counter China.
But we are dealing with people who are no longer living in a sane worldview and focused on an ideology of hate.
So in their perspective such actions are warranted.

India has three forces fighting within it; sane and smart elements who see the outcome of such a conflict right now and in the future.
Smart elements who see the outcome right now so are preparing for the future.
And religious extremists who are baying for blood regardless of the costs.

Right now the latter two are in majority and having the tussle on who will prevail. They are however on the same page.

While I generally agree, he really needs to chose his words more carefully. He feels he's too good of an orator to go in with any advance preparation. Most of his off-the-cuff statements are easily manipulatable.

He could have simply said "We won't attack India" as opposed to we can't, changing the perception entirely. It gives away the picture without providing an unnecessary PR victory to our foe.
I think we can(for now) forgive the PM for err in phrasing which in my opinion his age and associated fatigue with current workload are catching upto him.

I do agree that either the FM or someone has to start coaching the PM on avoiding his faux pas out of passion during his speeches.

Don't worry. The poster, you are responding to, has got 20 negative ratings, to date.:p::p::p:

i see... never looked at ratings of any poster till date...mine says +1 at least its in the right side of zero :p:

If you think diplomacy means pacifism then I see no point in anymore discussion.

I am the biggest supporter of Diplomacy , ask anyone here .. but I stand by my point that Islam is not a Pacifist religion , Islam allow you to fight for your rights and oppression if and only if Peace process fails . IK needs to be clear what he wants, he said he is anti war and Pacifist than it means that even if we are attacked he will not respond ? cause that is what a Pacifist will do ..

Let us give respect to your PM wherever it is due...His intent is pretty genuine. Basically, he is trying his best to avoid war as much as possible...Because, it is a big trap whoever initiate any war between India and Pakistan, whole world will see them as aggressor...

Kudos to IK...Feel bad that he become PM of Pakistan in one of most toughest moment of the history of Pakistan..
If he could have been PM at the time when MMS from India and Obama from US was president, history could have been different.

I support his diplomatic efforts, but I think in the end diplomacy will have very little chance of working, India extremist Govt will not back down from its decision , if they do BJP and Modi politics is over .

I am the biggest supporter of Diplomacy , ask anyone here .. but I stand by my point that Islam is not a Pacifist religion , Islam allow you to fight for your rights and oppression if and only if Peace process fails . IK needs to be clear what he wants, he said he is anti war and Pacifist than it means that even if we are attacked he will not respond ? cause that is what a Pacifist will do ..
Man you are taking it wrong. He is saying that we will not be aggressors. If attacked we will retaliate. He said the same things during Feb. standoff.

Indian attacked on the 26th.
We retaliated on the 27th.
He has already proven he won't stand by and watch us get attacked.

yes but that doesn't make him a Pacifist right ? so why he is claiming to be a Pacifist ? or anti War ? Gandhi was Pacifist , and for that people dislike him , Muhammad Ali Jinnah wasn't ..

yes but that doesn't make him a Pacifist right ? so why he is claiming to be a Pacifist ? or anti War ? Gandhi was Pacifist , and for that people dislike him , Muhammad Ali Jinnah wasn't ..

For global audience.

For majority of common people in Pakistan their life is already miserable and "full of destruction" on daily basis even in the absence of the so-called "destructive wars".
Just because you are living a dog's life in Germany doesn't mean everyone is suffering in Pakistan and wants to commit suicide
@Dubious why these uncles who are frustrated with their lives are allowed to vent out their anger at Pakistan army and government

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom