What's new

Vietnam welcomes China's military development: Vietnamese defense official

Vietnam is now in its 35th year. It has made zero contributions to modern science, nor has it shown exceptional engineering feats. Poverty, being beaten down by the US Army and then having the top 1% rich elite taken to the US does hurt, but it doesn't explain everything. The fact is, Vietnam can never replicate our growth model because we've already overshadowed anyone else that tries to take our model, since we can do it better and in more places.

And they call me a pompous jerk? Perhaps it takes one to know one. Frankly this rant is below_rahul IMHO ...

Unless you either live in VN or travels there frequently and can relate to the people, try not to talk such nonsense. Currently, official estimates have that over %50 of the population are post war borne. Unofficial estimates have over %60. The current VNmese generation have no emotional ties with the war and is even less friendly to the corrupt, inefficient, and dictatorial communist government. The young VNmese today want American involvement after they suffered the spectacular failures of their communist ancestors. By your standard, guess you just called the millions of VNmese adults, who are aspiring capitalists and US friendly, as 'bananas'.

May be new generation of VN didn't like communism but they will not like a country who killed their Past & Present & their beloveds, so your statement is not so strong to accept. This is general nation’s psychology and I think you know about it. :azn:

Er............According to a Chinese news source,yes!

??????????????? ??????--????--??

印度越南合作拟在南海建航母基地 合力对付中国

Vietnam,India building aircraft carrier

Also,why would Vietnam give a BS about our border disputes,when it has none with us?

PS:is NFdaily a reliable source?

India’s intention against China is well known for well known reasons and is not new: from democratic alliance to Mr. George Fernandes, to 96 hours, to your article... you name it.

But please read my post carefully: LAND DISPUTE.

Marinetime dispute is more complicated and more subtle in many more ways.

India’s intention against China is well known for well known reasons and is not new: from democratic alliance to Mr. George Fernandes, to 96 hours, to your article... you name it.

But please read my post carefully: LAND DISPUTE.

Marinetime dispute is more complicated and more subtle in many more ways.

My post was supportive of Mogambo's post of seeking cooperation with India part :coffee:

Anyway,this"ll be my last post here as we"re deviating from the topic

And they call me a pompous jerk? Perhaps it takes one to know one. Frankly this rant is below_rahul IMHO ...

how many papers has vietnam published?

though i can't say gambit is a representative of vietnamese engineering. the burgers may have had a negative influence on his brain. there is, in fact correlation between low IQs and burger intake (though of course that could be because low IQ people are more likely to be poor, and the poor in the US eat more burgers).

though i can't say gambit is a representative of vietnamese engineering. the burgers may have had a negative influence on his brain. there is, in fact correlation between low IQs and burger intake (though of course that could be because low IQ people are more likely to be poor, and the poor in the US eat more burgers).

To be honest, I think Vietnamese are every bit as smart as Chinese. The reason why it doesn't publish as prolifically is the same reason why China doesn't publish as much as the US; its institutions aren't as developed.

But fair point to you, China is catching up, Vietnam isn't.

Unless you either live in VN or travels there frequently and can relate to the people, try not to talk such nonsense. Currently, official estimates have that over %50 of the population are post war borne. Unofficial estimates have over %60. The current VNmese generation have no emotional ties with the war and is even less friendly to the corrupt, inefficient, and dictatorial communist government. The young VNmese today want American involvement after they suffered the spectacular failures of their communist ancestors. By your standard, guess you just called the millions of VNmese adults, who are aspiring capitalists and US friendly, as 'bananas'.

Actually I was wrong:

South Vietnamese civilian dead: 1,581,000*[7]
Cambodian civilian dead: 700,000–1,000,000*
North Vietnamese civilian dead: ~2,000,000[12]
Laotian civilian dead: ~50,000*
Total civilian dead: ~4,331,000

Over four million Vietnamese have died as a result of a proxy war between the U.S. and the Soviet Union. There are children born with birth defects born years after the War and countless people have suffered due to landmines and undetonated ordinances. Funny how that you are still trying to cover up for the U.S. government when most of the American people also believe that the war is WRONG.

True. The Communists Chinese that you despise have committed numerous atrocities in the past too. However I own up to the fact that the Chinese government starved millions to death during the Great Leap Forward and that millions more were brutalized and humiliated during the Cultural Revolution. Are you brave enough to own up to the fact that America, too, was responsible for suffering on a similar scale in the past?

Considering your friend's sorry performance over aviation, the MSG laden noodles ain't working too well for you guys either.

Actually I was wrong:
In more ways than you realize.

Over four million Vietnamese have died as a result of a proxy war between the U.S. and the Soviet Union. There are children born with birth defects born years after the War and countless people have suffered due to landmines and undetonated ordinances. Funny how that you are still trying to cover up for the U.S. government when most of the American people also believe that the war is WRONG.

True. The Communists Chinese that you despise have committed numerous atrocities in the past too. However I own up to the fact that the Chinese government starved millions to death during the Great Leap Forward and that millions more were brutalized and humiliated during the Cultural Revolution. Are you brave enough to own up to the fact that America, too, was responsible for suffering on a similar scale in the past?
I despise all communists. I do not need to 'own up' to what the US did in involvement. I was not a US citizen back then, so your argument is a distraction. But as far as Viet Nam and covering up goes, communist atrocities predated US involvement in SE Asia -- by at least 15 yrs -- beginning with the communist takeover of the North. Those atrocities compelled many Northern families to uproot themselves, severed their social/cultural ties, and fled southward. The cover up for this is the exaggeration of the CIA and the influence of the Catholic Church in that migration. Same for the war deaths and ammunition expended figures so popular among 'pop' Vietnam War 'experts'. Those figures serves to cover up communist atrocities after the war.

I despise all communists. I do not need to 'own up' to what the US did in involvement. I was not a US citizen back then, so your argument is a distraction.

I was not even alive during the era of Chairman Mao.

Yet I have never tried to "whitewash" anything that he has done, as you will know, since we have had this discussion before.

You despise Communism, that is fair enough. I have no problem with that, you are free to hold your opinions, and I don't even disagree with you.

Back on topic: Gambit do you think the Vietnamese government is wrong to say what it did in the OP, and what do you think the modern generation of Vietnamese think about that?

I was not even alive during the era of Chairman Mao.

Yet I have never tried to "whitewash" anything that he has done, as you will know, since we have had this discussion before.

You despise Communism, that is fair enough. I have no problem with that, you are free to hold your opinions, and I don't even disagree with you.

Back on topic: Gambit do you think the Vietnamese government is wrong to say what it did in the OP, and what do you think the modern generation of Vietnamese think about that?

he despises communism because it made him leave behind his army of servants, elite cars and plantation mansion built on the backs of vietnamese farmers, for being a US air force janitor.

Back
Top Bottom