What's new

Vietnam welcomes China's military development: Vietnamese defense official

There's nothing 'new' about the current Chinese claim. We've been claiming the same area for over fifty years now.

Aren't Vietnam's claims based on French colonial claims? What is the legal status of those kind of boundaries?

The number of old debt for too long, really no need to struggle. Also if you really want to emphasize, I tell you a fact, in ancient times, when Vietnam's strong, aggressive and bullying other Southeast Asian countries, and even the decline of the time in China, also have Zhuazhu opportunity to occupy the Chinese Yixielingtu widen its influence This is no surprise, but I have to say, China and Vietnam, history, culture and life is with a border people, origins, it would be to see a positive exchange of the two countries in years, after thousands of years of hatred is absurd.

By the way, welcome to the members of Vietnam to join the discussion, in fact I have some interest in Vietnam, you can introduce more and more the present situation in Vietnam?

Unfortunately, I don't think he's here to contribute meaningfully. To be honest, I think he registered just because he was mad.

Maritime boundaries, the ownership of some of the island.

Right, Land first or Sea boundaries first. That's why nlnforever is wrong.

If you check the borders, you will find that almost all the boder disputes are with former territories of European colonial powers.

The British and French were grapping as much land as they could from China and sowed the seeds of current disputes. The ex-colonies inherited the land, and claimed as their own. If that is legitimate, than in future any land siezed by China would also be legitimate.

Please look at the new current Chinese claim @ the south sea. ....

While respecting Vietnamese feelings of independence in general and yours in particular, your above statement makes the knowledgeable laugh.

I found you grossly lack the history. Just quote wiki for your convenience:

The Republic of China (ROC) named 132 of the South China Sea Islands in 1932 and 1935. In 1933, ROC government logged official protest to the French government after its occupation of Taiping Island.[3] After World War II, ROC government occupied the islands earlier controlled by the Japanese. In 1947, the Ministry of Interior renamed 149 of the islands. Later in November, the Secretary Department of Guangdong Government was authorized to publish the Map of the South China Sea Islands.

South China Sea Islands - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Note that this is a different regime than the one in current China.

Maybe you should learn some Chinese first to understand your motherland’s history, as your history is mostly written in Chinese. Without knowing the past, how could one healthily comprehend present?

BTW, when ROC proposed the claim, neither Vietnam, nor Franch had any oppposition. Instead, some articles went that communist Vietnam leaders supported the claim even after communists took over China, for the Vietnam commies wanted China to help them in anti-US war.

Back
Top Bottom