What's new

Vietnam says it will not host 2019 Asian Games

Relax, china members. Vietnam has not bought any military stuff in 2014 yet. We have other things to take care of other than having weapon fetish like u guys

seriously chinese you should stop having shadenfreude if some one has no money, your own government is communist and marxist which means you should feel bad for laughing at someones poverty.

Also this is very segnificant for china, china should lend vitenam money to host this event. Both china and vietnam are communist states, if vietnam wont be able to host it because of money this will damage the vietnamese government and people get angry at them.

America will sure find opportunity to topple another government with some NGO and social media stuff right next to chinas border to bring some wicked nationalists to power like in ukraine.
They have the money to buy weapons, 6 kilo submarines, but cannot manage to fork out just $300 million to host an event. This is nothing about having money or not, it is about what kind of country is this that rather disrespect international event to buy weapons. If they say they don't want to host so they can have the money for social program, then nobody would laugh at them but these Vietnamese govt are buying weapon left and right!

that will surely damage the vietcongs reputation and what if they want to bid for another international event the next time?

dont be naive
the vietcongs and trolls ask for it!

wellcome back!:cheers:

eat more pho and indian curry
Have a heart, buddy. Remember we were once in their situation. We should be humble at times. :cheers:

seriously chinese you should stop having shadenfreude if some one has no money, your own government is communist and marxist which means you should feel bad for laughing at someones poverty.

Also this is very segnificant for china, china should lend vitenam money to host this event. Both china and vietnam are communist states, if vietnam wont be able to host it because of money this will damage the vietnamese government and people get angry at them.

America will sure find opportunity to topple another government with some NGO and social media stuff right next to chinas border to bring some wicked nationalists to power like in ukraine.
Let them my friend.

The prime minister office rejects to host the game because of the high cost of 300m dollar, but approves the plan to build a new airport Long Thanh in southern Vietnam for an estimated cost of 10b dollar.

It is about pros and cons of an investment. Hosting the game is considered waste of money...

Last edited:
I find it kind of a bullshit cause technically building Stadiums & other venues also generate income to the economy by providing jobs & not to mention the state also benefited from the sales of tickets. Games like this cost money & time, but also create job markets & other income to the economies.
Greece went bankcrupt as it spent 11b dollar to host Olympic games. You see not all made profits from hosting a major sport event.

then why did you apply for it in the first place? you think you can just disrespect the efforts that the OCA has already put in?

this is not about your pride, it's about you being irresponsible and immature. this is an announcement that your words and promises mean nothing
Unlike China, Vietnam does not fear losing face. Lol
Pride or not, error shall be corrected when detected.

Greece went bankcrupt as it spent 11b dollar to host Olympic games. You see not all made profits from hosting a major sport event.

They're Greeks. After they completed all the venues it all just rot away.

Have a heart, buddy. Remember we were once in their situation. We should be humble at times. :cheers:
The main reason for rejection is Vietnam cannot afford losing hundred million dollar. Applying for the game was a mistake of the sports ministry.

They're Greeks. After they completed all the venues it all just rot away.

I think we should be worry about that too, I mean every province in indonesia that got elected for PON spends millions of dollars every 4 years to build sport-cities for National Sport Week.

Every 4 years we build something like this:
Palembang
20120301Jakabaring280212.jpg

Tenggarong
79qo_973_u98yg.jpg

Pekanbaru
pertunjukan-kembang-api-saat-pembukaan-pon-xvii-di-_120912111849-604.jpg

The province of West Java just built 2 sport centers to host this year's event

8167_large.jpg

to6p.jpg

And we can expect that the most stricken by poverty province of Papua will build something that match its PON predecessors.

A bit waste for my taste but I understand the provincial pride of hosting such event, hence every provincial government should learn from what happens with the greek if they don't want to bankrupt their provincial budget.

They have the money to buy weapons, 6 kilo submarines, but cannot manage to fork out just $300 million to host an event. This is nothing about having money or not, it is about what kind of country is this that rather disrespect international event to buy weapons. If they say they don't want to host so they can have the money for social program, then nobody would laugh at them but these Vietnamese govt are buying weapon left and right!

6 kilos is most important for us to protect our country's sovereignty against Chinese bully, kid. we have to purchase more in future.

other than the money matter, we have lack experience to hosting this event: infrastructure, traffic jam in Hanoi, Hotels, and other accommodation services.

We can say sorry in advance, its better than we should host it badly in 2019. I think Vietnam Govt have to do it be course we respect the people in Asia.

I think we should be worry about that too, I mean every province in indonesia that got elected for PON spends millions of dollars every 4 years to build sport-cities for National Sport Week.

Every 4 years we build something like this:
Palembang
20120301Jakabaring280212.jpg

Tenggarong
79qo_973_u98yg.jpg

Pekanbaru
pertunjukan-kembang-api-saat-pembukaan-pon-xvii-di-_120912111849-604.jpg

The province of West Java just built 2 sport centers to host this year's event

8167_large.jpg

to6p.jpg

And we can expect that the most stricken by poverty province of Papua will build something that match its PON predecessors.

A bit waste for my taste but I understand the provincial pride of hosting such event, hence every provincial government should learn from what happens with the greek if they don't want to bankrupt their provincial budget.

I know. For Papua PON the fund they need will be around 9 Billion dollars.

detikSport : Tuan Rumah PON 2020, Papua Butuh Dana Rp 9 Triliun

Unlike China, Vietnam does not fear losing face. Lol
Pride or not, error shall be corrected when detected.
You Vietnam have face? surprised.
Before you doing something, consider carefully, If you can't, you should not apply for it, have not that capability, pull back, you like deciding doing something, then regret? that's your business, but don't influence others, while you got the hosting of the Games, Many Vietnam was exciting, Now you abandoning it, many Vietnam also are happy, you think this is child's play?!

You Vietnam have face? surprised.
Before you doing something, consider carefully, If you can't, you should not apply for it, have not that capability, pull back, you like deciding doing something, then regret? that's your business, but don't influence others, while you got the hosting of the Games, Many Vietnam was exciting, Now you abandoning it, many Vietnam also are happy, you think this is child's play?!

Its game, do you understand ? malaysia and Indonesia could do it better.

we have to focus on purchasing new weapons for our Army now.

they are buying weapons because china and the Philippines want their islands where resources are found

Back
Top Bottom