What's new

Vietnam says it will not host 2019 Asian Games

The sport and cultures ministry applied for the game without prior approval from the prime minister office.
I know you are happy over our failure.

This is Happiness according to me.
giphy.gif

Vietnam unable host because of a mere funding problems is a bit of a shame really.
Come on, before you fall dead by laughing on Vietnam, you shall know we successfully hosted 2003 Southeast Asian game.

By the way, 85 percent of the public is against the idea of hosting the Asiad game.

Oh for god sake, your government will eliminate 85 percent of your country population. That's how much your communist government cares about its citizens. A large part of Brazil populations is also against the world cup doesn't mean the government should listen to whims of its people all the time.

cabral.jpg

"But with the nation's economy in crisis, a decaying sports infrastructure and an uninspiring athletics record, public sentiment hasn't swung behind the official campaign.

Officials said hosting the 18th Asian Games could cost around $150 million and would require the construction of new sporting stadiums and an athletes' village.

But experts have said the real cost of the games, which were scheduled to run for 16 days, could have been far higher.

Vietnam's Olympic Committee initially proposed a budget of around $300 million which the government slashed due to the country's dire economic situation.

It has been hit by falling growth as the effects of corruption and inefficiencies in the state-run sector ripple out into the wider economy.

A lingering banking crisis also threatens some of the country's key financial institutions."

I was thinking the vietcongs are emerging as the next economic super power!

This abrupt face losing cancellation speaks volumes
$150 - 300 million is a small budget comparing to 2010 Guanzhou AG @ $17 billion
You can count in one hands how many su-35 or the kilo class submarines can the vietcongs buy with the small saving

Both will be fractional。

Vietnam isn't savings money for buying weapons, we save money for building up the economy.
USA also fund some dozen millions to support Vietnam for TPP processing

If Vietnam dislike to host it, why Vietnam apply for 2019 Asian Games ?

Rejected.

Vietnam economy is bigger than you think.
We have natural resources, worth of trillions USD.

Continue to live in your dream. Failure to host 2019 Asian game is a wake up call. But I guess Vietnamese troll have not learn the lesson. :lol:

Continue to live in your dream. Failure to host 2019 Asian game is a wake up call. But I guess Vietnamese troll have not learn the lesson. :lol:

It should be that we learnt from China. Chinese like we say that. :omghaha:

846934252_22e5d110c1.jpg

A migrant workers in July 2007 at Beijing’s Olympic Stadium, known as the “Bird’s Nest.” (Photo by Dominic Ludin).

It should be that we learnt from China.

846934252_22e5d110c1.jpg

A migrant workers in July 2007 at Beijing’s Olympic Stadium, known as the “Bird’s Nest.” (Photo by Dominic Ludin).
What is your point in here, besides trying to troll? Haven't the news been ingested into your system yet?

What is your point in here, besides trying to troll? Haven't the news been ingested into your system yet?

Chinese qovt paid hug amount money of Chinese people for Olympic Peking to show China to the world. It was politic dicision, but who get rich after this event ? I think you could know it.

That's right. You have no pride. PERIOD.

we no need such fake pride when our rural ninority people are stil living in poverty. You escaped from poverty in China to Canada.

Chinese qovt paid hug amount money of Chinese people for Olympic Peking to show China to the world. It was politic dicision, but who get rich after this event ? I think you could know it.

we no need such fake pride when our rural ninority people are stil living in poverty. You escaped from poverty in China to Canada.
At the end of the day, it was one of the most dazzling Olympics and a benchmark for others.
It's not about whether the pride is fake or not. It's about your ability to hold and inaugurate a sporting event on a massive scale. Give it a thought. Just don't rub it between other's shoulders.

:lol: Trying to divert with some stupid *** comment. I can see your pathetic desperation to hide your country embarrassment,

China government could afford such event and we get our acts together. If by your stupid comment. We shall rid of all poverty before we start building infrastruture, invest in education or even buying arms? :lol:

Vietnam shall have zero arms, buying Kilo submarine is a sin since poverty still exist in Vietnam.. :lol:

If I am a vietnamese, I will stop further posting in this thread to spare vietnam of more embarrassment :lol:

Back
Top Bottom