What's new

Vietnam says it will not host 2019 Asian Games

Vietnam isn't savings money for buying weapons, we save money for building up the economy.
USA also fund some dozen millions to support Vietnam for TPP processing

I find it kind of a bullshit cause technically building Stadiums & other venues also generate income to the economy by providing jobs & not to mention the state also benefited from the sales of tickets. Games like this cost money & time, but also create job markets & other income to the economies.

This is the result of pressure from Vietnamese public.
The reasons:
Corruption. 150$ mil? Projects in Vietnam lastly often cost 10x, 100x... the original.
Economic growth slowed. People desire to not waste resources at this time.
V-League football scandal recently.

Both will be fractional。

yeah a $150 mio sum cant do no jack
Su-30 is pricing at $50 mio apiece
A kilo class is even more at $200-250 m apiece. $150 m probably would cover the body and everything but - sorry propellors and engine / the ventilation system not included

seriously chinese you should stop having shadenfreude if some one has no money, your own government is communist and marxist which means you should feel bad for laughing at someones poverty.

Also this is very segnificant for china, china should lend vitenam money to host this event. Both china and vietnam are communist states, if vietnam wont be able to host it because of money this will damage the vietnamese government and people get angry at them.

America will sure find opportunity to topple another government with some NGO and social media stuff right next to chinas border to bring some wicked nationalists to power like in ukraine.

It's called cheap superficial pride; something that we do not need at the moment my friends.

then why did you apply for it in the first place? you think you can just disrespect the efforts that the OCA has already put in?

this is not about your pride, it's about you being irresponsible and immature. this is an announcement that your words and promises mean nothing

seriously chinese you should stop having shadenfreude if some one has no money, your own government is communist and marxist which means you should feel bad for laughing at someones poverty.

Also this is very segnificant for china, china should lend vitenam money to host this event. Both china and vietnam are communist states, if vietnam wont be able to host it because of money this will damage the vietnamese government and people get angry at them.

America will sure find opportunity to topple another government with some NGO and social media stuff right next to chinas border to bring some wicked nationalists to power like in ukraine.

Most of us don't have any problem with the current Vietnamese government, but it was the Viet ultra-nationalist keyboard warriors caused all those backlashes against Vietnam. Just see how they are butthurt and seek every opportunity to troll against China.

If Vietnam dislike to host it, why Vietnam apply for 2019 Asian Games ?
I The Vietnam government could have underestimated the logistics behind hosting the event but using finance as a cause to withdraw. Just like many Vietnamese friends here overestimate Vietnam military's ability to build nuclear bombs and 6th generation AC.

I take no joy in seeing Vietnam with money problems. I was born there and the people are much more similar to Chinese in many ways. Vietnam is like a wayward family member.
Read post #54

Last edited:
I take no joy in seeing Vietnam with money problems. I was born there and the people are much more similar to Chinese in many ways. Vietnam is like a wayward family member.
I completely agree with you. In this case, I sympathize with Vietnam. I wish I could do more.

Vietnam’s sports ministry had budgeted $150 million for the event, the largest in terms of participant numbers outside of the Summer Olympics.

But economists and others had said the bill could be five times higher, and possibly reach the spending levels for this year’s Asian Games in Incheon, South Korea, which could reportedly top $1 billion.

Read more: Vietnam pulls out of hosting Asian Games - Editorial - New Straits Times Vietnam pulls out of hosting Asian Games - Editorial - New Straits Times

Its reported that after Singapoure refute to host this, Malaysia is ready to do that.

Last edited:

Check out the previously thread of how those vietnam troll brag about their superiority and bring down China before you think we are gloating at their plight.

This is call the world is fair, understand? They shall thank us for reminding them of their real ability. :lol:

then why did you apply for it in the first place? you think you can just disrespect the efforts that the OCA has already put in?

this is not about your pride, it's about you being irresponsible and immature. this is an announcement that your words and promises mean nothing

that will surely damage the vietcongs reputation and what if they want to bid for another international event the next time?

dont be naive
the vietcongs and trolls ask for it!

Awwwww too bad :lol:

wellcome back!:cheers:

I completely agree with you. In this case, I sympathize with Vietnam. I wish I could do more.

eat more pho and indian curry

Last edited:
Spending money on sports events is not a wise way particularly a country like Vietnam. You people should spend that money on defense and development.

Vietnam’s sports ministry had budgeted $150 million for the event, the largest in terms of participant numbers outside of the Summer Olympics.

But economists and others had said the bill could be five times highetr, and possibly reach the spending levels for this year’s Asian Games in Incheon, South Korea, which could reportedly top $1 billion.

Read more: Vietnam pulls out of hosting Asian Games - Editorial - New Straits Times Vietnam pulls out of hosting Asian Games - Editorial - New Straits Times

Its reported that after Singapoure refute to host this, Malaysia is ready to do that.

If having no attention hosting it,why bidded in the first place. After you make a pledge, you should keep it.

Russia should be happy to hear the news,for it means that Vietnam will probably have the fund necessary to purchase an additional a half of a kilo-class sub or couple of Su-30s。:azn:

Still it is not good to have 2nd thought on things of this nature。

Back
Top Bottom