What's new

Vietnam says it will not host 2019 Asian Games

It is a national shame of the vietcongs!

So Indonesians will step in the rotten shoe.
Surabaya to host the 2019 Asian Games!

Only about 5 years to go.
Indonesia - are your ready?

Why would we need loan shark when we also have over $30 billion ourselves?:sleep:

30 billion is not even enough for you to host a USD 150 million Asian games. Why put on a brave front? Just admit you do not have enough money and we will not laugh at you. :lol:

It is a national shame of the vietcongs!

So Indonesians will step in the rotten shoe.
Surabaya to host the 2019 Asian Games!

Only about 5 years to go.
Indonesia - are your ready?

The vietnam troll are too thicked skinned to admit their wrongdoing. No money want to come and bid for the games, end up wasting everybody time after getting it. So inconsiderate! :lol:

And do you even know that we have just jumped up and down in celebration when we announce that we would not host the event ? LOL

This separates us from you Chinese. You people are into superficial pride while we Vietnamese are not
Relax, my friend. You don't need to hide the disappointment on your face. This is a great opportunity for you Vietnamese to showcase your country in a positive way but your government cannot fork out just $300 million. I feel sorry. I wish we can loan you some money to host this!

And do you even know that we have just jumped up and down in celebration when we announce that we would not host the event ? LOL

This separates us from you Chinese. You people are into superficial pride while we Vietnamese are not

Hosting an international Game will showcase that country prestige showing it to the world that the country is not as weak as you thought it. It's all about showing the illusion of prestige. Not that you know anything about it. It's political science 101.

Vietnam overcame Indonesia and UAE in the last race to host ASIAD 2019

Should let the UAE host the game.

Relax, my friend. You don't need to hide the disappointment on your face. This is a great opportunity for you Vietnamese to showcase your country in a positive way but your government cannot fork out just $300 million. I feel sorry. I wish we can loan you some money to host this!
Well said! I wish we could help them. :(

a hit for Vietnam image...we should not have applied for the game. That sucks.
I believe the authority have realised that the game would cost more than 300ml...perhaps 1bn.
Considering Qatar spent 2,8bn, China 20bn and S Korea 1,7bn as host.

And the money would be wasted after the game as the sport facilities would not be in use in a worst scenario.

Now all Chinese and others can laugh on Vietnam.

Some vietnamese troll even brag about how Cambodia and Laos is in their camp in against China with billions of loan from Vietnam. :lol: They shall just eat the humble pie and face the reality by waking up from their dream. :lol:

The humble pie is too difficult to swallow for our vietnamese friend :lol:
We are far from bankruptcy. Cancelling the game is a political decision.
Vietnam forex stood at 35bn last year. In the first 3 months we added another 8bn. At the end 2014, Vietnam forex is expected to reach 70bn or more.

Hosting an international Game will showcase that country prestige showing it to the world that the country is not as weak as you thought it. It's all about showing the illusion of prestige. Not that you know anything about it. It's political science 101.

Indonesians can refuse to host with good reasons

Why the vietcongs rush for it when they are totally not ready!

if you can launch events like this it demonstrates a hosts of capabilities well beyond sheer politics
1. finance
2. infrastructures, sports facilities and preparation
3. media and communication
4. transportation and housing
5. promotion and marketing, source of income, pricing of tickets, advertisement
6. planning and organizational competence as well as cost control
7. althletes well being like medical attentions, food service, amenities, communication laundries etc
8. selection of judges, rules, appeals and drug tests
9. volunteers / translations
10. security
11. Opening and closing ceremonies

Just 2 years after the vietcongs were awarded the mace now they drop it!
This is a big fail on a scale that only the indians can match in international sports history

Last edited:
Then why are your people and government jumping up and down in celebration when you won it? LOL! It's not fun anymore when you know your true capability, isn't it?
The sport and cultures ministry applied for the game without prior approval from the prime minister office.
I know you are happy over our failure.

a hit for Vietnam image...we should not have applied for the game. That sucks.
I believe the authority have realised that the game would cost more than 300ml...perhaps 1bn.
Considering Qatar spent 2,8bn, China 20bn and S Korea 1,7bn as host.

And the money would be wasted after the game as the sport facilities would not be in use in a worst scenario.

Now all Chinese and others can laugh on Vietnam.

If you had taken our offer of a VAR, we would've saved you from this embarrassment. :lol:

Last edited:
What a fcuking mess!

If the Asian games managing body comes to knock at our doors, I dont mind hosting it in one or a combo out of many of our fully capable cities like Beijing, Tianjin, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Nanjing, Shenyang-Changchun-Qingdao-Dalian jointly

Indonesians can refuse to host with good reasons

Why the vietcongs rush for it when they are totally not ready!

if you can launch events like this it demonstrates a hosts of capabilities well beyond sheer politics
1. finance
2. infrastructures, sports facilities and preparation
3. media and communication
4. transportation and housing
5. promotion and marketing, source of income, pricing of tickets, advertisement
6. planning and organizational competence as well as cost control
7. althletes well being like medical attentions, food service, amenities, communication laundries etc
8. selection of judges, rules, appeals and drug tests
9. volunteers / translations
10. Opening and closing ceremonies

Just 2 years after the vietcongs were awarded the mace now they drop it!
This is a big fail on a scale that only the indians can match in international sports history
Come on, before you fall dead by laughing on Vietnam, you shall know we successfully hosted 2003 Southeast Asian game.

By the way, 85 percent of the public is against the idea of hosting the Asiad game.

If you had taken our offer of a VAR, we would've saved you from this embarrassment. :lol:
Equality is the key, my friend.
Make an offer based on this idea.

I know it is very bad for our image. Personally I vote for the game.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom