What's new

Vietnam - Cambodia Relationship: What is your opinion?

Vietnam is a naval power. Back in 1974 and 1988, Vietnam intentionally lost to China as a ruse to seek sympathy from the world.

Wereyou able to find out after 1979, what "Vietnamese" land were given to China as gesture for ending the war?
We have to agree that China is the best friend of Cambodia. In 1979 China suffered thousands of death and wounds in Vietnam only to help Cambodia. They also risked a full scale war with Soviet. But What Soviet did for Vietnam? nothing. After that, Vietnam even had to let them rent Cam Ranh base.
Anyway, after the war, Vietnam still occupied Cambodia, China can be proud of teaching Vietnam a lesson but China's ally was still destroyed. Finally, it turned out that China couldnot save Cambodia. This is a fact, in the past and in the future.

many countries have nationalists including china.

but our.leader never encourages such idea not like yours.

and we never tried to rebuild it with our force unlike you guys
Who are you kidding? Beside we are forced to buy more weapons and lean toward the West because of China's aggression on SCS, I haven't seen any "such idea" you mention. Even the recent case with Cambodia was started by their side not ours, over an agreement made 30 years ago. And what "rebuild" did you mean?

We have to agree that China is the best friend of Cambodia. In 1979 China suffered thousands of death and wounds in Vietnam only to help Cambodia. They also risked a full scale war with Soviet. But What Soviet did for Vietnam? nothing. After that, Vietnam even had to let them rent Cam Ranh base.
Anyway, after the war, Vietnam still occupied Cambodia, China can be proud of teaching Vietnam a lesson but China's ally was still destroyed. Finally, it turned out that China couldnot save Cambodia. This is a fact, in the past and in the future.
"Show me your friend and I will show you who you are". To be able to call Khmer Rogue ally, I applause your couragement. :yahoo:

Vietnam despite suffering from from decades of devastating wars/sanctions against bigger powers like china, U.S, france etc has a higher GDP per capital than india and pakistan? :o: i knew vietnam had far better living standards than india and pakistan(literacy, nutrition, access to roads/electicity, higher life expectancy etc), but didnt know the had a higher gdp per capital as well. o_O well done vietnam, s.Asia indeed has a longggg way to go.

When i mean small country like vietnam, i meant compared to china trying to limit vietnams influence in the region invane. Vietnam is still quite a small power though,still technologically backward than singapore thailand even malaysia, and lags far behind them economically as well. So its relative.
Im not sure our GDP is higher or not, but our debt reach to 100% GDP now, so, hard life is waiting for VNese ahead. We need to get bigger and stronger now to reduce the debt .:D

Who are you kidding? Beside we are forced to buy more weapons and lean toward the West because of China's aggression on SCS, I haven't seen any "such idea" you mention. Even the recent case with Cambodia was started by their side not ours, over an agreement made 30 years ago. And what "rebuild" did you mean?

"Show me your friend and I will show you who you are". To be able to call Khmer Rogue ally, I applause your couragement. :yahoo:
check your leader's speech after viet war.

check your leader's speech after viet war.
You checked yours too (teaching VN a lesson etc etc). BTW most people listened to such speech are around their 50s now, and they do not teach or encourage us to hate China from our childhood. Our progapanda was mostly against US and the SV govt (from my experience). When I am in highschool, my history books only have half an A5 page mentioning about 1979 war, and that's it. Clearly your point that our govt and our education system brainwashed us to hate China is nonsense.

You checked yours too (teaching VN a lesson etc etc). BTW most people listened to such speech are around their 50s now, and they do not teach or encourage us to hate China from our childhood. Our progapanda was mostly against US and the SV govt (from my experience). When I am in highschool, my history books only have half an A5 page mentioning about 1979 war, and that's it. Clearly your point that our govt and our education system brainwashed us to hate China is nonsense.
what? your propaganda is against us and su?
look like your propaganda is useless, your countrymen here are all pro us and ru , and they hate china.

what? your propaganda is against us and su?
look like your propaganda is useless, your countrymen here are all pro us and ru , and they hate china.
"Was" mind you. Geez, it was around 10 years ago. We have changed our text books at least 6-7 times since then. And it was my experience.

And if any VNese mems here don't have beef with China, we wouldn't have came here at all.

I have always been surprised/amazed to see a small poor country like Vietnam being able to exert so much influence in Cambodia and Laos despite 'big' China opposition. This is something i don't get. China has to first dominate/exert influence in its immediate neighborhood before even dreaming of doing so abroad like the west/U.S/Russia have been doing for a long time now IMO.:pop:

Good going though Vietnam, keep doing your thing.:cheers:
Some Chinese also complain our government is too weak to other countries. Some small countries, like Vietnam Philippines, Myanmar chanllenged China from time to time. But China never used fist to reply. See how the Vietnamese jumped up and down here without any fear of China. I however totally understand our government. Present period is China's opportunity period. Everyday China becomes stronger than yesterday. We can also call it "golden age" for China. What China should do is keeping the golden age as long as possible. We should not let it be interrupted by some worms like Vietnam. That's the reason why China should keep low profile and avoid to be pissed off by provocations.

Let Vietnamese laugh now. They won't laugh long.

Last edited:
You can check GDP in wikipedia. 2015 India' GDP per capita is 1808, 2014 Vietnam's GDP per capita is 2072. Some years ago Vietnam's GDP per capita is lower than India but Vietnam's increasing speed is higher.
Look at history, when China becomes richer and stronger, Vietnam also becomes richer and stronger. so when China passed the Western country to become the world 1st in this century, Vietnam will also join world's top countries. Maybe a British like you cannot understand this, but people from world's most Confucius-influenced country (China) understand well because they know Vietnam is the world's second most Confucius-influenced country although Chinese really don't like this.
For last thousand years, When China was down, Vietnam was down. When China was up , Vietnam was also up. As China will keep going up, in your lifetime, you will see a strong Vietnam.

It is not true for the first 3 dynasty though, when Tang was down Ly dynasty go up,, Tran dynasty remain in reign until Ho family siege the throne that lead to Ming invasion, then after that mb yeah

Some Chinese also complain our government is too weak to other countries. Some small countries, like Vietnam Philippines, Myanmar chanllenged China from time to time. But China never used fist to reply. See how the Vietnamese jumped up and down here without any fear of China. I however totally understand our government. Present period is China's opportunity period. Everyday China becomes stronger than yesterday. We can also call it "golden age" for China. What China should do is keeping the golden age as long as possible. We should not let it be interrupted by some worms like Vietnam. That's the reason why China should keep low profile and avoid to be pissed off by provocations.

Let Vietnamese laugh now. They won't lauge long.
Okay, then try to survive when TPP coming, dont collapse again, dont make another crash in stock market or we will take your Guangdong ,too :pop:

Another well-deserved spanking for Viets!

Vietnamese fishermen wrecked by Chinese attack
Fisherfolk in Binh Dinh Province have said their boats were attacked by a Chinese ship while they were fishing in Vietnamese waters this week.

Nguyen Nhat Ngoc, a 53-year-old captain, told local coast guards on Friday that his boat with three people aboard was at more than 15 nautical miles from the Spratly Islands on Tuesday when an armored Chinese ship chased after them.

The Chinese vessel hit his boat three times from both sides, breaking all the lights and the chimney.
Ngoc said the Chinese ship then chased after his boat for more than 30 minutes.

Bui Thanh Ninh, another local fisherman, said his boat with 13 crew members suffered a similar attack also in the area on Thursday morning, by the same Chinese ship with code number 994.

Fishing boats from coastal provinces in central Vietnam have reported more attacks by Chinese vessels after China illegally deployed a US$1-billion oil rig into Vietnamese waters in May last year.

The rig was removed after two months.

Vietnam's government has promised to set aside a fund of VND4.5 trillion ($211.5 million) to help locals build better fishing boats to protect themselves from such attacks.

In 1979, Vietnam just need a month to conquer Cambodia, and at the same time, we spank chinese.

Whenever Cambodian want to annoy VN, they should remember twice about that....

In 1979, Vietnam just need a month to conquer Cambodia, and at the same time, we spank chinese.

Whenever Cambodian want to annoy VN, they should remember twice about that....
In 1979, we killed 100,000 Viet "civilians" in just 21 days:omghaha:

If we had 10 years like USA, we would have wiped you out completely!

Care to give us another chance to finish the job? Cambodia will take revenge for Viet crimes too.

We need less than 2 weeks to free Pnom Penh, and same time, see how we spank chinese in the north hahaha:
chinavietnam_05.jpg

Caught Red-handed
Vietnamese troops watch over detained Chinese soldiers on Feb. 26, 1979. Seasoned by decades of guerrilla war and equipped with the latest Soviet technology, the Vietnamese proved too strong for China's People's Liberation Army (PLA), whose strategy still revolved around deploying "human waves" of ragtag soldiers, a tactic used nearly three decades before during the Korean War.

China-Vietnam Border War, 30 Years Later - Photo Essays - TIME

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom