What's new

Usman Khawaja joins Australian cricket team

is he not the first 'non white' and south asian aussie to get a test cap???

He scored a couple on the first ball and a gorgeous pull on the second and a really good leave on the third. In the next month Australia will have the problem of selecting the right batsmen. Cant exclude ponting and clark as they are captains hussey is in good form and khwaja showed his worth.

Some one has to take very bold decisions.

is he not the first 'non white' and south asian aussie to get a test cap???

Not the first non white. We had Andrew Symonds. I remember the Indian cricket fans screaming racist taunts at him like "monkey" during a match in India.

He was born in Pakistan

His family moved to Australia when he was 3. He is now 24.

In any case, its good to have Pakistan and Muslims mentioned in the news in a positive context, don't you think?

In any case, this kid is now under so much pressure. So much expectations from him to perform...

And then he ll be soon banging Pakistani bowlers!
How would you feel then?
A Pakistani born smashing his own nation.
:smokin:

no pak australia matches soon:rofl::rofl:

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

Not the first non white. We had Andrew Symonds. I remember the Indian cricket fans screaming racist taunts at him like "monkey" during a match in India.

symonds is not white :blink::blink::blink:

^ hes not caucasian , people have different views on what is white.

this thread shows a problem that lies in australia with people(or person)the fact that people get offended or disagree if a person represents australia if its not there heritage.

good to see pakistani australian members supporting it though

i hope he does well cuz our cricket team atm sucks ***.

i think he wil in future firing from all surranders INSHAHALLAHas AMLA is doing he might do better than AMLA

Back
Top Bottom