What's new

US withdraws negotiators from Pakistan, no supply deal

Buddy you're on a strategy board, do you want me to explain the simplest of things?

Ok, I'll not get into the nitty-gritty of it, however, I'll explain something that may appeal to your mind.

Part A:
Trade = Ships
Ships = Insurance
Insurance = Risk
As Risk > What goes up?

Part B:
Economy = Oil
Oil = Tankers
Tankers = Insurance
Insurance = Risk
Risk > What happens to economy?

Do we understand the basics, young grass-hopper?

Chinese shipping companies are now largest in the world and have local insurers...
They can grab all shipping contracts to Pakistsn if the workd shipping leaders ask extra freigt for shipping to Pakistan.

Even you admit that internationally Pakistan is coming across as daft. It seems to me that US policies are more effective than Pakistan's in serving respective national interests.

Just because the USA have got a media circus where they are able to fuel their propaganda through does not make them correct. In the international field THEY are the ones losing respect. They are the ones that are behaving like a bunch of spoilt brats. Their political mind games are transparent. In fact transparent enough to realize their intent. At all times you attempt to give the USA the benefit of the doubt - with respect you are not prepared to look at the situation from both sides. You assume Pakistan are at fault and that the USA come to the table with clean hands. Sadly with that view one finds it difficult to debate.

And what has that done?

What did the killing of Baitullah Mehsud did?

What did the killing of all others did?

You kill ABC one day, you have a XYZ and JKF the next.

:lol: this is your argument...?

that is the reason you keep terrorists alive and consider them as strategic assets ?

I thought Americans had a better and safer supply route through NDN - So why are all American A$$ Lickers worried?I mean this only effects Pakistan so you a$$ lickers should be happy that America does not have to pay too much money to Pakistan.

For one because it may affect their country. After all, if America puts restrictions on them, they will suffer. So, Pakistanis have to be a bit worried. Hence, some of them are worried.

And yes, just like you, others are happy. They do not see things from macro perspective.

Safriz, that example was meant for India. The point that I was trying to put across was - that no one in the Subcontinent will be able to escape the fall-over, if a war was imposed on Pakistan.

Sadly, even the best projection for Pakistan in such a scenario, is not worth mentioning!
Chinese shipping companies are now largest in the world and have local insurers...
They can grab all shipping contracts to Pakistsn if the workd shipping leaders ask extra freigt for shipping to Pakistan.

Just because the USA have got a media circus where they are able to fuel their propaganda through does not make them correct. In the international field THEY are the ones losing respect. They are the ones that are behaving like a bunch of spoilt brats. Their political mind games are transparent. In fact transparent enough to realize their intent. At all times you attempt to give the USA the benefit of the doubt - with respect you are not prepared to look at the situation from both sides. You assume Pakistan are at fault and that the USA come to the table with clean hands. Sadly with that view one finds it difficult to debate.

Well, look at it this way:

Who refused to participate in the joint investigation?
Who prosecuted and jailed someone who helped kill OBL?
Who blocked the supply routes?
Who refused to meet with US delegations?
Who canceled other high level contacts?

The point is this: even if you argue that Pakistan has been right all along with all these steps, it has been reactive, and thus always a step behind in the game, and thus the loser. Either Pakistan becomes proactive to seize the narrative, or change its policies to avoid being seen as the recalcitrant problem state. Simple.

Kayani refused to meet the US delegation until the US un-conditionally apologized, Kayani was furious after the Salala attack and he is still not compromising.

Government is not the hurdle for US, nor is parliament, it is Kayani who is holding strong.

And then people like Asim say that Army does not shoot down drones because the govt hasnt ordered it to... Mighty funny that the army in Pakistan can chose when to go by the govt policy and when not.. Classical case of hogging the glory and dodging the blame..

Yeah right, dignity. LOL

Lol comming from an indian... reminds me of the bhopal disaster... while thousands died and sufferedthe american still roams free ...:lol:

A recent example....
IPI became IP thanks to mother india crumbling under american pressure... and all this comin from soe indian with a "White" name............ Priceless!

:lol: this is your argument...?

that is the reason you keep terrorists alive and consider them as strategic assets ?

Go and look up Al-libbi, how did he escape from US custody after we handed him over to them?

Terrorists alive, oh yeah, the SW operation was just a hogwash eh?

My point is that drone strikes are not a solution, especially if a couple of civilians and children and women get killed every other day. Just last week, 9 children, 4 women and couple of old men died in a NATO airstrike in A-Stan.

And that Obama Kill list, who knows which tom,dick and harry is in that? What gives Obama the right to make the kill list, what happens to the human rights then, fair trial, yeah right. Judge, Jury, executioner, well only executioner, there is no trial.

And then people like Asim say that Army does not shoot down drones because the govt hasnt ordered it to... Mighty funny that the army in Pakistan can chose when to go by the govt policy and when not.. Classical case of hogging the glory and dodging the blame..

Two different things.

COAS wants an apology. While the government wants some compromise.

But that does not mean that Kayani goes in and shoots down a drone. That has much bigger repercussions.

Safriz, that example was meant for India. The point that I was trying to put across was - that no one in the Subcontinent will be able to escape the fall-over, if a war was imposed on Pakistan.

Sadly, even the best projection for Pakistan in such a scenario, is not worth mentioning!

India has a 1000 strong fleet of merchant ships of all types...
The law says that merchant ships are bound to serve their counry of origin/registeration in case of a crisis such as war..
So india is safe,you dont need to worry.

arent you forgetting the 10 times increase in the transit fee.. :).. Am sure that's the real deal breaker here
Nope - Pakistani Officials have indicated that price is no big deal if they just apologize.We'll reduce to prize.Now apology is necessary.

Go and look up Al-libbi, how did he escape from US custody after we handed him over to them?

Terrorists alive, oh yeah, the SW operation was just a hogwash eh?

My point is that drone strikes are not a solution, especially if a couple of civilians and children and women get killed every other day. Just last week, 9 children, 4 women and couple of old men died in a NATO airstrike in A-Stan.

And that Obama Kill list, who knows which tom,dick and harry is in that? What gives Obama the right to make the kill list, what happens to the human rights then, fair trial, yeah right. Judge, Jury, executioner, well only executioner, there is no trial.

this bloody bastards also kill a lot of innocent human being ....

let me ask you something and if you have courage give me your answer...isn't that the violation of pakistan's sovereignty by this terrorists... it is basically ur duty to flush them out rather than providing safe havens to them

Lol comming from an indian... reminds me of the bhopal disaster... while thousands died and suffer evn now the american roams free ...:lol:
!

Nahi nahi. He didn't get away that easily. It is mighty India you are talking about. He had to pay a fine of a few thousand Indian rupees. :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom