What's new

US Warns China on SCS Moves

I don't understand why do you even bother here, as if facts really matter here. Those kids only bring useless rants into this kind of forum without understand how the real world works and what realpolitik is.

What does it mean real world and realpolitic under CPC brainwashed propaganda ? Robbers with big mouth.

China's Foreign Ministry has called in a senior U.S. diplomat to protest against remarks by the U.S. State Department raising concerns over tensions in the contested South China Sea, further intensifying an already fraught territorial dispute.

In a statement released late on Saturday, China's Foreign Ministry said Assistant Foreign Minister Zhang Kunsheng summoned the U.S. Embassy's Deputy Chief of Mission Robert Wang to make “serious representations” about the issue.

The State Department on Friday said it was monitoring the situation in the seas closely, adding that China's establishment of a military garrison for the area runs “counter to collaborative diplomatic efforts to resolve differences and risk further escalating tensions in the region.”

The South China Sea has become Asia's biggest potential military flashpoint. Beijing's sovereignty claim over the huge area has set it against Vietnam and the Philippines as the three countries race to tap possibly huge oil reserves.

Beijing and Washington are already at odds over numerous matters, including the value of China's currency, Tibet and Taiwan.

Zhang said the U.S. statement “disregarded the facts, confused right with wrong, sent a seriously wrong signal and did not help with efforts by relevant parties to maintain peace and stability in the South China Sea or the Asia Pacific.”

“China expresses its strong dissatisfaction and resolute opposition, urges the U.S. side to immediately to mend the error of its ways, earnestly respect China's sovereignty and territorial integrity and do more to genuinely benefit stability and prosperity in the Asia Pacific,” he added.

A separate statement by ministry spokesman Qin Gang repeated that China had absolute sovereignty over the sea and its myriad islands and had every right to formally set up a city to administer the region, which it did last month.

“Why does the U.S. turn a blind eye to the facts that certain countries opened a number of oil and gas blocks, and issued domestic laws illegally appropriating Chinese islands and waters?” Qin said.

“Why does the U.S. avoid talking about the threats of military vessels to Chinese fishermen by certain countries and their unjustified claims of sovereignty rights over Chinese islands?” he added.

The official Xinhua News Agency said the United States was trying to present itself as an honest broker in the dispute, but that its real intent was to stir up trouble and drive a wedge between China and its neighbors for its own gain.

Washington should “thoroughly abandon its plot to seek advantage from the chaos so the South China Sea can resume its role as a sea of peace, friendship and cooperation,” Xinhua said in an angry commentary.

In all, six parties have rival claims to the waters, which were a central issue at an acrimonious ASEAN regional summit last month that ended with its members failing to agree on a concluding statement for the first time in 45 years.

The stakes have risen in the area as the U.S. military shifts its attention and resources back to Asia, emboldening its longtime ally the Philippines and former foe Vietnam to take a tougher stance against Beijing.

The United States has stressed it is neutral in the long-running maritime dispute, despite offering to help boost the Philippines' decrepit military forces. It says freedom of navigation is its main concern about a waterway that carries US$5 trillion in trade annually — half the world's shipping tonnage.

China calls in US diplomat over South China Sea - The China Post

Awesome! A country dirt poor talking about controlling the Malacca. Can you enlighten me with your brilliance strategy of taking on at least 20 countries in order to control the strategic sea lane? Or you're just brain-farting?
Malacca is even far smaller than Laos-Camb, and everyone know that we're controlling Laos-Camb now, so it will be too easy to control Malacca in the near future;coffee:

btw: we will co-operate with Russia-India navy to control it, too. Singapore president S.R. Nathan looks like Indian, so he will very happy to see Indian navy roaming around Malacca:coffee:

You are also a phillipino, so what you want us non-phillipinos here to expect?

If you do not trust us, who CAN you trust?

BTW, we (ASEAN and our NE neighbours) have been co-existed and together we have maintained a peaceful region for the past few decades, why must you guys throw away all these things now? Do you seriously think others are be so stupid to lay down their own lifes or risk of losing out evertythings just for the sake of your so called sovereign rights and interests?

Give us a break and stop dragging all of us into this stupid game please, others also have their own rights and interests to decide for themselves. WE simply are not keen to fight because we do not wish our country to end up as ****_HOLES!

Then you will be happy if someone took land and sea and no one in ASEAN help you :rofl: Help other members when they are being bullied is call "solidarity". And next time, when your are bullied by other big bully, other nations will come and help you.

Cambodia and Singapore should consider themselves as ASEAN members. They follow china, who is bullying other members like Vietnam and Philippines.

Singapore have the most high-developed society in South East Asia, but they just are happy when china is bullying other members in the Association. I'm confused.

Bro, Singaporean leaderships have completely different idea with some Singaporean members here. Just look at the event they allowed 4 U.S modern warships present in a tiny island and hear they said "Uncle Sam the indispensable ..."

If according to scale of area to compare with Singapore, the Philippines should allow about 400 U.S morden warships at Philppines, then it is OK.

http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/00927678.2011.581600

Bro, Singaporean leaderships have completely different idea with some Singaporean members here.

Yes, Singaporean leaders care more about "multiple benefits", "future of the Association" ..., unlike Singaporean members here who only care about their race.

Malacca is even far smaller than Laos-Camb, and everyone know that we're controlling Laos-Camb now, so it will be too easy to control Malacca in the near future;coffee:

btw: we will co-operate with Russia-India navy to control it, too. Singapore president S.R. Nathan looks like Indian, so he will very happy to see Indian navy roaming around Malacca:coffee:

Why Cambodia just listened to China's command and then break the solidarity of ASEAN?
Cambodia has put Asean's future in jeopardy - The Nation

To Singaporean members and Cambodia:

Asean's unity and solidarity is of the utmost importance for the grouping's survival and the preservation of its bargaining power. If each Asean member dwells on its own interest - as Cambodia has - then Asean has no future.

The group's consensus and non-interference policies allow each member to pursue their own interests. But there is no Asean principle that allows the rotating chair to take things into its own hands without considering the voice of the majority.

Đảo Bạch Long Vỹ;3273037 said:
Yes, Singaporean leaders care more about "multiple benefits", "future of the Association" ..., unlike Singaporean members here who only care about their race.

I couldn't agreed more. Very well said.

Philippines' hegemonic claims? Our country claims the 200NM EEZ that the modern and civilized world allows us to claim is being hegemonic? I do believe Singapore also has its own 200NM EEZ, right?

Anyone care to make me shut up by showing anything that will prove that the Philippines is claiming what is not within our own EEZ.

I think you are misreading his statements, Ahfatzia was clearly referring to Vietnam. Although he is no fan of Philippines based on his numerous post, but he was clearly not talking about Philippines.

Đảo Bạch Long Vỹ;3273037 said:
Why Cambodia just listened to China's command and then break the solidarity of ASEAN?
I explained already,bro.
Second: As I said: Phil hasn't show her will in cooperation with VN-Malaysia yet, so we don't need to convince Cambodia to side with Phil now.

Phil needsto show more collaboration to others ASEAN members before asking support from other ASEAN members.
-------------------------------
The truth is Cambodia willing to cede two villages to VN and she's never accused Vietnam of being a bully in this matter, whereas she never cedes any land to china, so who is she supporting now ?

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-...-statement-south-china-sea.html#ixzz22mSxIMUz

Now China is only pretending a temporary "peace" with Indonesia. It also claims on a part EEZ of Indonesea in SCS...

_48951920_south_china-sea_1_466.gif

Here are the facts: China, Vietnam and Taiwan believe all the shoals in the SCS belong to them, respectively; Philippines, Malaysia and Brunei have their different claims and sometimes might overlap. In each of their eyes those islands that they claim belong to them.

Vietnam took 40 islands and no one said anything until 1974 and 1988 when China retook 2 islands from Vietnam in which she perceived was hers. Before you guys here cry China and Chinese people are robbers have anyone else cried that Vietnam was the robber first? Before the disputes are resolved what's stopping others or even China to take more islands from Vietnam if they have the wherewithal?

You guys forget one thing and that is you think those 40 islands are yours but others don't. In order for you to keep those islands you have to keep defending them constantly as do the others with their respective possessions. In another word everything is game until the disputes are resolved.

As for me personally and because the fact I'm Chinese I hate the bold part above. You can't blame me of being hostile toward those who constantly have that term in their vocabulary.

It's annoying sometimes.

See this is exactly what I meant. They think China has a ridiculous claim as stated in the picture while forgetting how ridiculous their own claim is.
South_China_Sea_claims.jpg

They think that UNCLOS gives them the right to those claim when they don't even have a clue what UNCLOS is. So again why even bother.

Đảo Bạch Long Vỹ;3274792 said:
... then Cambodia still listen to China's command and then break the solidarity of ASEAN

If you, Nice Guy, control Cambodia, you had better ask them not to oppose the majority like what they did in the 45th Asean Foreign Ministers Meeting.
You should see what I posted first, bro. Phil hasn't shown her will in cooperation with VN-Malaysia yet, so, it's not Camb's fault. ASEAN can't help Phil if she keeps refusing to unite with us.

check again that link if you wanna know more .

See this is exactly what I meant. They think China has a ridiculous claim as stated in the picture while forgetting how ridiculous their own claim is.
South_China_Sea_claims.jpg

They think that UNCLOS gives them the right to those claim when they don't even have a clue what UNCLOS is. So again why even bother.

To be honest, our govs haven't published any detailed official territory claim. Our claim is just general: Paracel and Spartly, EEZ from the coast (not EEZ from the islands like China). The Vietnam's line in your map is just a guess/ a supposition based on South Vietnam's claim 197x. Why? We want to solve with ASEAN countries first so every one is happy. We have done with Malaysia, now we are doing with Philippines.

Territorial Claims in South China Sea - Interactive Map - NYTimes.com
They said: Vietnam claim is undefined.

You should see what I posted first, bro. Phil hasn't shown her will in cooperation with VN-Malaysia yet, so, it's not Camb's fault. ASEAN can't help Phil if she keeps refusing to unite with us.

check again that link if you wanna know more .

Listen to China's command and break the solidarity of ASEAN is not Cambodia's fault. Ok you win.

Đảo Bạch Long Vỹ;3276737 said:
To be honest, our govs haven't published any detailed official territory claim. Our claim is just general: Paracel and Spartly, EEZ from the coast (not EEZ from the islands like China). The Vietnam's line in your map is just a guess/ a supposition based on South Vietnam's claim 197x. Why? We want to solve with ASEAN countries first so every one is happy. We have done with Malaysia, now we are doing with Philippines.

They said: Vietnam claim is undefined.

Listen to China's command and break the solidarity of ASEAN is not Cambodia's fault. Ok you win.

Good luck with Philipines, from what I hear, its not going to be easy for Spartly.
http://www.defence.pk/forums/chinese-defence/180416-china-starts-combat-ready-patrols-disputed-seas-28.html#post3277191

So your government don't want to tell you? How convinient for them. Let me help you with that with NY times interactive map then.
Territorial Claims in South China Sea - Interactive Map - NYTimes.com

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom