What's new

US to handover a Naval ship ‘BNS Somudro Joy’ to Bangladesh

what happened to those which were under consideration in 2009. were they bought? If yes, then you are right.

1 Jarvis the USCGC cutter and 2 Type 053H2 Jianghu-III Class Frigate, (China Central Television reported on 04-27-2013 the official retirement of FFGs 535 & 536 Both are said to be on their way to BD, posted this info by @cirr, ask him :coffee:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, is there any people really want to stay on the topic?
If so, let's disscuss how to reffit this ship, OK?
Since this ship is not origianlly desing for navy, in my opinion, it is not very suitable to be reffited with SSM when looking at the picture. Is there any one having the idea where C-802A will be installed on the ship?

samduro jay? to commemorate hasina's loss of gas blocks to myanmar? yaaiks! this name will harm our navy moral. should be renamed as bns bakhtiar khilji to boost the navy moral.

samduro jay? to commemorate hasina's loss of gas blocks to myanmar? yaaiks! this name will harm our navy moral. should be renamed as bns bakhtiar khilji to boost the navy moral.

Although this Samudra Joy is not a good name, but BNS Bakhtiar Khilji should wait until we build a destroyer or an ACC. BNS Bakhtiar should be the foremost of all the ships Bangaldesh will induct.

A locally made destroyer will be the best to name after him in recognition of the contribution he made by bringing in thousands of Muslim settler families from Afghanistan to Bengal and Bihar.

The present one could be named BNS Khwaja Osman, a Pathan Chieftain (one of Baro Bhuiyans) of Bengal who fought vigorously against an expansionist Mughals, and was killed in the Battle of Uhar in Mymensingh in 1605 AD.

Another "Su30, mig 29, f 16, f 15 ... f22 for Bangladesh" thread. Guys first get it then we will talk about it. Aisa no ho ki like last time you end up buying something like f-7. So hold your horses. There is loooonnng way to go before you get near Pak Navy.

The two ex-Chinese frigates, to be upgraded to be equal to the F-22P of the PN, are also CONFIRMED. These two will be coming online this year and that means no less than 3 frigates that is a match for any in the PN inventory will be in service THIS year.

Two Type-056 corevettes, stretched version that will carry 2 helicopters, have been CONFIRMED to be purchased. It's weapons systems will be a match for any frigate that Pakistan has.

That is a total of 5 major combatants that are CONFIRMED.

There are also very credible reports that at least two more Type-056 corvettes will be built at Khulna shipyard and these again will be the stretched version with the ability to carry two helicopters. Personal feeling is that at half a dozen will be built in the next five years due to their low cost( around 100 million dollars) and the capabilities they bring for such a low price.

There is little speculation here but facts.

Unlike Pakistan, BD will be focusing on the Navy this decade due to our interests in the Bay of Bengal.

Do not think that BD will always remain a weak military. This was due to historical circumstances but now with 2 decades of very decent GDP growth, still running at 6% a year if I can add, the funds are finally there to start building a modern military. Yes there is still not enough money for simultaneously upgrade the very weak air-force but that will come in the future.

Ok Back to Topic...

What does Somudro Joy means in Hindi/English?

Does it mean Happy Sea or Jai Sagar?

Hey, is there any people really want to stay on the topic?
If so, let's disscuss how to reffit this ship, OK?
Since this ship is not origianlly desing for navy, in my opinion, it is not very suitable to be reffited with SSM when looking at the picture. Is there any one having the idea where C-802A will be installed on the ship?

They did have harpoon installed in them i think

Ok Back to Topic...

What does Somudro Joy means in Hindi/English?

Does it mean Happy Sea or Jai Sagar?

sagar vijay, something close to that

Another "Su30, mig 29, f 16, f 15 ... f22 for Bangladesh" thread. Guys first get it then we will talk about it. Aisa no ho ki like last time you end up buying something like f-7. So hold your horses. There is loooonnng way to go before you get near Pak Navy.

Sir,

Please STOP trolling.

Under US law, F-22 cannot be exported.

No one EVER said that BD is getting F-22 apart from YOU.

The two ex-Chinese frigates, to be upgraded to be equal to the F-22P of the PN, are also CONFIRMED. These two will be coming online this year and that means no less than 3 frigates that is a match for any in the PN inventory will be in service THIS year.

Two Type-056 corevettes, stretched version that will carry 2 helicopters, have been CONFIRMED to be purchased. It's weapons systems will be a match for any frigate that Pakistan has.

That is a total of 5 major combatants that are CONFIRMED.

There are also very credible reports that at least two more Type-056 corvettes will be built at Khulna shipyard and these again will be the stretched version with the ability to carry two helicopters. Personal feeling is that at half a dozen will be built in the next five years due to their low cost( around 100 million dollars) and the capabilities they bring for such a low price.

There is little speculation here but facts.

Unlike Pakistan, BD will be focusing on the Navy this decade due to our interests in the Bay of Bengal.

Do not think that BD will always remain a weak military. This was due to historical circumstances but now with 2 decades of very decent GDP growth, still running at 6% a year if I can add, the funds are finally there to start building a modern military. Yes there is still not enough money for simultaneously upgrade the very weak air-force but that will come in the future.

Sir all I want to say is that ...if BN > PN

that is only possible in another 20 years

If and only if

Pakistan fucks up for another 20 years like it has in the last 5 years

Bangladesh continues to grow for next 20 years like the way it has done in last 5 years

The second part may happen but the first part won't happen. I am sure the Pakistanis are not that dumb.

SO IMHO BN > PN is not possible.

Sir,

Please STOP trolling.

Under US law, F-22 cannot be exported.

No one EVER said that BD is getting F-22 apart from YOU.

I am sure I heard it somewhere on Bangladesh section ... very sure :pop:

And I have never trolled in my life. I don't even look like one :smokin:

I am sure I heard it somewhere on Bangladesh section ... very sure :pop:

there were also thread about F35 for India.. very sure :pop:

And about Rafale issue is running long time yet nothing is finalized :oops:

there were also thread about F35 for India.. very sure :pop:

And about Rafale issue is running long time yet nothing is finalized :oops:

Sir that was because Lockhead Martin/US Gov gave an offer to India. Have they given an offer to you too?

As far as Rafale goes the French President himself is lobbying for it :D. What else do I need to say.

Back
Top Bottom